Titanfall - Respawn Entertainment's first game

Well, crossfire isn't producing the artifacts anymore but it runs like crap - I get less stuttering and smoother play with it disabled. I'll have to see if there are some updated drivers available.

I'm running the latest Mantle drivers and didn't notice stuttering in the 3 matches I played earlier. Since it was only three maps that isn't to say that it is working fine. But it was pretty seamless at the time.

I'm running the latest Mantle drivers and didn't notice stuttering in the 3 matches I played earlier. Since it was only three maps that isn't to say that it is working fine. But it was pretty seamless at the time.

I'm still on 13.11, so I'll try one of the newer ones and see how it goes.

I get bad performance in most games with vsync on and crossfire, still haven't found a fix...

do you guys use AFR or 1x1 to force titanfall to use crossfire? i had it on AFR and the game menu was blinking, i found it very annoying. i dont know if it was due to crossfire or high refresh rate (144hz)

Still waiting on framerate cap and Vsync fixes...

I fixed my flickering issue by using 1x1 mode for crossfire. I play at 144hz, capped at 144fps. To do this, you need to enable vsync in game, but override it to "always off" in CCC. Then, the game will lock at your monitors refresh rate and cap the fps to it.

The 14.3 drivers seemed to help with the crossfire stuttering. Still not as good as some other games, but at least it's playable now.

How do you turn on EQAA for my AMD 7950 in Titanfall? When I select it I get "none" as the setting.

I fixed my flickering issue by using 1x1 mode for crossfire. I play at 144hz, capped at 144fps. To do this, you need to enable vsync in game, but override it to "always off" in CCC. Then, the game will lock at your monitors refresh rate and cap the fps to it.
I do this myself. But this is a workaround, not a fix. Respawn has already said that they intend to do something about it, but it obviously wasn't a priorty for the current patch. The implementation of Vsync in the game as-is may be producing side effects such as lower performance or excessive input lag.
I was kind of hoping they would add new gametypes....

New maps wont do anything for me
They are adding more game types, but they won't be part of the DLC. New game types have been announced as a feature being added in future patches for free.

Last edited:
Yeah.. Titanfall is certainly a lot of fun but it's not going to have the legs of CoD/BF/CS etc unless they can flesh it out more.

exactly the reason I didn't buy it on Day 1 even though I enjoyed the beta a lot...will play the hell out of it for a few weeks then get bored of it...still tempted to get it once the price hits around $25

It's a good game, fun when your looking to kill a few hours or boredom here and there. Bought it on launch and I'm on lv 30 on 2nd prestige, it blows my mind there people on 10 prestige lol

Yeah.. Titanfall is certainly a lot of fun but it's not going to have the legs of CoD/BF/CS etc unless they can flesh it out more.

They're not fleshing anything out more until Titanfall 2. This game was just a techdemo/proof of concept for a sequel with a bigger budget.

Its $37 on Amazon today, within a month it'll be $10

Last edited:
I think it suits people who like BF4 and the fast paced quake/cod type gameplay mixed. Its about 2/3 speed of run and gun

I picked it up yesterday on Amazon and played for an hour or so. Aside from the size of the download, nothing but positive things to say about the game. It's fast paced, great looking, and a little different than most FPS games out there. Haven't really played a CoD game since Modern Warfare, but I'd say it's paced a little like that. Thats where the similarities end.

8xEQAA looks amazing in the game. Don't know if it was fixed in a patch or the newest Mantle 14.4 drivers from AMD allow it to work. Regardless I love it because the game looks so much better!

Great game. Fun. Breathes some life into the complete sterile FPS genre. 6 vs 6 is the sweet spot IMO. Also, I don't perceive nearly as much lag when compared to COD or Halo.

Surprised it's not more popular. Guess there is just so much variety and video game micro-genres out there now. I'm sold on the entire franchise though. Been sick of COD for years.

I played maybe 30 hours and just don't see a point anymore. Fun game but not enough content.

Limited game types and the laughable "campaign" sure, but it has way more layers too it than your typical FPS. You can simplify and talk this point down, but I've seen any FPS in the past 10 years properly (re)introduce so many elements and have it done right.

Great game. Fun. Breathes some life into the complete sterile FPS genre. 6 vs 6 is the sweet spot IMO. Also, I don't perceive nearly as much lag when compared to COD or Halo.

Surprised it's not more popular. Guess there is just so much variety and video game micro-genres out there now. I'm sold on the entire franchise though. Been sick of COD for years.

playing to win & get better versus playing to unlock stuff

people playing to unlock stuff will likely eventually quit TF

people playing to win & get better are more likely to stick around, but there's just pub stomping & no ranked play

some common complaints about the game are that all they kill are AI and rarely experience pilot vs pilot combat

translation: not enough map knowledge, awareness, movement ability to locate pilots and identify pilots versus AI

game is COD with mechs

translation: they're trying to play the game like COD or BF instead of making use of parkour movement and trying to play the game like UT / Quake with mechs. although if they never played UT / Quake, then they might not be able to adjust to using parkour + combat simultaneously

I enjoy the game because the parkour movement strikes a chord with me and reminds me UT / Quake movement and being able to outplay someone through movement skill. it also helps that I don't have much of a problem seeing pilots vs AI now which I think is the hardest thing for a lot of people to figure out.

Last edited:
is Titanfall really losing steam that fast or does it just seem that way based on the reaction here at [H]?

No, it's still pretty decently populated. Hell, we even did some last titan standing earlier this week.

couldnt figure out why I liked the game seemed familiar ...
that old hl2 source engine

Last edited:
Back