Titanfall Game Mode With No Titans?

HardOCP News

[H] News
What do you guys thing of the new Pilot Skirmish mode being added to Titanfall?

Pilot Skirmish is the New Featured Game Mode - Pilot Skirmish is an 8v8 mode with no AI and no Titans. Due to the difference in player sizes with the rest of the game modes, Pilot Skirmish will not be among the game modes played when choosing Variety Pack playlist.

The game is under performing in the market place. They are simply looking to mix things up in hopes of bringing more interest to the game.

I guess a game based on hype alone doesn't last very long, like so many others for the past 7 years.

Maps are too small. Too few players. Too much of a CONSOLE game to work.

They should have made a good single play campaign and not relied solely on a multi-player platform game. TitanFall is a fun game but replaying the same thing over and over again only stays fun for a short while.

The core gameplay of Titanfall is actually pretty fun. Unfortunately they made some poor choices, and there's almost no one playing it at this point.

If it had been available on Steam at $30 at launch with a reasonable download size and with bigger maps with more players, it probably would have done well on the PC.

Well, is it going to be paid DLC too?
I think we're all tired of getting nickle, dimed and dollared to shit so we're not interested in half finished games where half the features are paid DLC anymore.
Wasn't it like a 60gb install ion the PC too?
Talk about your poor coding....

Well, is it going to be paid DLC too?
I think we're all tired of getting nickle, dimed and dollared to shit so we're not interested in half finished games where half the features are paid DLC anymore.
Wasn't it like a 60gb install ion the PC too?
Talk about your poor coding....

Yeah, the download size was absolutely absurd, especially for a Source based multiplayer only game that only has like 10 small maps.

It stunk of laziness. I think they pretty much just ripped the blu-ray for the Xbox One version and did nothing to compress it down to a reasonable size.

Well it was the uncompressed audio files that made it so large.
Why? Why couldn't they use mp3s are it woud have weighed in under half of that!
Even if it actually ran good, they just HAD TO FIND A WAY to half ass something.
Like you said, it reaks of laziness and THAT is the hallmark of an EA game.

You know game developers are completely out of ideas when they add a Brink mode to Call of Duty: Robots at War.

In other news, I hear Borderlands is getting jetpacks.

I prefer the pilot mode, so yeah. I think it will be good.

Titanfall is one of those games that could have been awesome but was tanked by EA's overwhelming cheapness and attempts to overmonitize things. If the base game included all the DLC maps they've released it might have been close enough to enough content to command the $59.99 pricetag. As it stands I refuse to buy it (I have played the beta and week-long trial).

I hope you burn in hell EA.

I prefer the pilot mode, so yeah. I think it will be good.

Titanfall is one of those games that could have been awesome but was tanked by EA's overwhelming cheapness and attempts to overmonitize things. If the base game included all the DLC maps they've released it might have been close enough to enough content to command the $59.99 pricetag. As it stands I refuse to buy it (I have played the beta and week-long trial).

I hope you burn in hell EA.

DLC isn't what "tanked" Titanfall. EA may be guilty of a lot of things but DLC wasn't the problem. Respawn built a shitty game period. It lacked depth. And even if all of the DLC content had been given away free, it wouldn't change the fact the core game is weak and uninteresting and can't sustain a playerbase. Its a sugar high of a videogame -- exciting at first then drops off sharply until finally you're just sick.

I love multiplayer, and in the last 10 years I think I've only played about 2 full single player campains through to the end, and I play PC. But the fact is that less than 10% of the people that buy FP shooters actually play online exclusively. The other 90% play single player only, and maybe a couple of hours online, get spanked and trolled and go back to the comfort of single player.
CS being the exception, the biggest selling FPS titles have made it on there single player sales, COD franchise has sold 100 million copies over 5 games, you don't see 100 million online.. Halo multiplayer was never one of it's strong suits but still sold bucket loads..
I like Titanfall but to think it was going to sell like COD without an 8 to12 hour cinematic single player campaign was silly, especially on consoles.

Yeah, call me when they include non hitscan weapons and remove the REQUIREMENT to stop moving in order to shoot straight.

Not going to happen? Sure. I'll keep my money. These guys only made two good games: the original MoH and CoD. It's been a while since then.

I tried it for the free weekend; and was thoroughly unimpressed. Plus it's EA/Origin, so when you buy the game, you essentially buy a demo, and then have to keep paying for more and more DLC if you want to stay current.

Yeah, call me when they include non hitscan weapons and remove the REQUIREMENT to stop moving in order to shoot straight.

Not going to happen? Sure. I'll keep my money. These guys only made two good games: the original MoH and CoD. It's been a while since then.
You absolutely do not need to stop moving in order to shoot straight, did you even play the game? It's one of the fastest shooters out there once you get a hang of it; movement is incredibly important. Once you learn to chain together wall runs and skim jump to keep momentum it's a thing of beauty. Definitely some of the most gaming fun I've had in a long time, especially in CTF.

The biggest gripe has been the matchmaking...its awful and has driven away so many players with bad experiences. They've made some improvements to the matchmaking so it's a little better, but still the weakpoint by far. Server browser/dedicated servers would have been so much better...

Forgot I owned this game (PC). Might fire it up over the weekend. Probably won't though.

You absolutely do not need to stop moving in order to shoot straight, did you even play the game? It's one of the fastest shooters out there once you get a hang of it; movement is incredibly important. Once you learn to chain together wall runs and skim jump to keep momentum it's a thing of beauty. Definitely some of the most gaming fun I've had in a long time, especially in CTF.

Can you please provide a video proving your claim about the shooting? Moving around is great from what I've seen, though.

I think these guys just thought they could do COD over again, but they didn't realize that COD wasn't about it being a great game it was more about market timing and willingness to sell out to consoles at the right market time.

Too many types of players were left without something to do in titan fall. People who like big games with 16+ players, people who like single player, people who hate origin. This list goes on and on.

Back