Titanfall - Don't Fall For The Hype

I am always saddened that no one seems to remember Shogo. I believe that was the first game to mix person FPS and mech FPS, though possibly not at the same time.

At any rate, I have long suspected that Titanfall will not move systems after release. That is why they have been running it in TV commercials since ~6 months before the game's release. They are trying to move consoles before the game comes out and gets a bunch of 8's, or runs just fine on a 360.
The game will get 9s-10s whether it is deserved or not. That's just how the game review industry is now.
It will also move loads of consoles. Why? Because average Joe 14yo will get it, so all his friends will bitch/cry/moan to their parents until they get it too to play with him. That's what really makes most games sell well like COD and GTA, no matter if they are good or not.

I'd be willing to bet the 360 delay was for no real reason other than to push xbox one sales, lol.

360 version is being made by a different company, and does not have cloud AI like the X1/PC versions. I'm also going to assume it uses EA servers since its not using MS's cloud dedicated servers. So the 360 version will super stupid bots, lag, and probably not work half the time.

I really wanted to love the game. But I ended up just likeing it. Ill get it, but I'm more excited for PVZ Garden Warfare.

That said, I like TF. The beta was good, it does feel exactly like COD. I would imagine they have a crapton of DLC they are waiting to sell. I might buy the game, but I'll stay away from the DLC.

I guess you gotta hope it doesn't turn into a "Premium" situation where the community is split between those who bought DLC and those who didn't. Given that TF is an MP-only game it's even more likely for that to happen if DLC comes out.

Anyone else think the abbreviation should be TTF or something? Every time I see TF, I read Team Fortress.

So Halo, Gears, Forza, Project Gotham, Crackdown, Ryse, Dead Rising, Fable, Killer Instinct, Peggle, Plants Vs Zombies, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, and the huge list of other IPs that MS owns like Alan Wake, Crimson Skies, Rallisport Challenge, Flight Simulator, AOM, AOE, Viva Pinata, Shadowrun, etc.... all mean nothing?

You answered it yourself.

Just sayin'. I own both consoles but nothing on the Xbox side of things is being as hyped up as titanfall is and really the only saving grace for the system if it does well. Everybody already knows Halo and that isn't going to sell as many consoles as Titanfall will IMO.

360 version is being made by a different company, and does not have cloud AI like the X1/PC versions. I'm also going to assume it uses EA servers since its not using MS's cloud dedicated servers. So the 360 version will super stupid bots, lag, and probably not work half the time.

Two weeks isn't enough time to even Re-Cert a game or make any changes, That game has to be GOLD and printed on discs already or It's got bigger issues than xbox part system.

I would just love it if there weren't so much focus on FPS and sports games on consoles. I've never been much of a sports fan, and I've always though FPS were much better played with a mouse than a joystick, plus the FPS genre has just been done to death.

im not a COD fan what so ever, i always felt it was super twitchy and hyper fast paced. I LOVED the titanfall beta. cant wait to get my hands on it. It worked flawlessly with NVsurround out of the gate.

Hehe for sure, the game is as twitchy as cod (which I enjoyed for a couple of versions and then lost interest). My favorite thing about the game isn't even the titans but how is is to move around, the jumping, etc. I feel it's missing something and that makes it repetitive. It's always the same thing, over and over again. I didn't feel the maps changed that much, felt like I was playing the same map again and again. Also the grunts, what a dumb idea.

I still liked the beta and had fun but to me is not a $60 game, will buy when it's cheaper.

The very first PC game I bought with my own money was Tribes, on a total impulsive wim (which is something I never do) at Costco in 1998. I was surprised tthat it had no single player whatsoever. It gave me the best 3 years of my gaming life, and I knew for a fact over 12 years ago that I would never have so much fun gaming ever again. A douzen years and hundreds of games later, I haven't even come remotely close to being wrong.

I'd say quake2 and then slightly into quake 3 was that experience for me. I just can't get excited about a game now.

Two weeks isn't enough time to even Re-Cert a game or make any changes, That game has to be GOLD and printed on discs already or It's got bigger issues than xbox part system.
Just because a beta is released close to release, doesn't mean that's when the beta was done. The beta build was done many weeks, or even month ago. Its just the build that was released to test server strain under load. And in this day and age of games, day one updates (and later) are pretty much guaranteed.
Odd because Titanfall is the exact same thing in terms of twitchiness and speed.

I don't get people who say this. They must not have played both recently. COD is a super slow corner camper fest full of snipers. That's all it is. Titanfall requires you to get in to the thick of it in order to do anything. Completely different games.

I don't get people who say this. They must not have played both recently. COD is a super slow corner camper fest full of snipers. That's all it is. Titanfall requires you to get in to the thick of it in order to do anything. Completely different games.

Well if everyone just camps then how can you "do anything" by camping in CoD?

Exact same thing would happen in Titanfall if everyone just camped/sniped.

Well if everyone just camps then how can you "do anything" by camping in CoD?

Exact same thing would happen in Titanfall if everyone just camped/sniped.

:rolleyes:

When more then half the players are corner camping, its a slow paced camping game. That's all COD is now, at least Ghosts anyway.

:rolleyes:

When more then half the players are corner camping, its a slow paced camping game. That's all COD is now, at least Ghosts anyway.

Your argument makes no sense. You are saying that CoD is nothing like Titanfall because people camp in CoD whereas (so far) they haven't in Titanfall? That has nothing to do with what the actual games are, and we have no idea if that's what will happen in Titanfall eventually. No one forces you to camp in CoD...

The gunplay feels exactly like CoD, and many others have said the exact same thing.

Your argument makes no sense. You are saying that CoD is nothing like Titanfall because people camp in CoD whereas (so far) they haven't in Titanfall? That has nothing to do with what the actual games are, and we have no idea if that's what will happen in Titanfall eventually. No one forces you to camp in CoD...

The gunplay feels exactly like CoD, and many others have said the exact same thing.

Obviously you haven't played Titanfall then.

There is far more going on in Titanfall, and its more chaotic. There are also, Titans, which you cant exactly hide or camp with. Its also a total point game, not a score more kills then the other team game.

Its a much faster FPS then COD, and while it may be possible to camp, no one trying to get a lot of points would. There is also no quick scoping with snipers, which is something else that ruined COD.

Not a single person Ive talked to who played Titanfall will compare it to COD. If anything, Ive heard it compared to Gears Of War more then COD, because of the Last Titan Standing game mode.

Obviously you haven't played Titanfall then.

There is far more going on in Titanfall, and its more chaotic. There are also, Titans, which you cant exactly hide or camp with. Its also a total point game, not a score more kills then the other team game.

Its a much faster FPS then COD, and while it may be possible to camp, no one trying to get a lot of points would. There is also no quick scoping with snipers, which is something else that ruined COD.

Not a single person Ive talked to who played Titanfall will compare it to COD. If anything, Ive heard it compared to Gears Of War more then COD, because of the Last Titan Standing game mode.

Actually I have played Titanfall..quite a bit of the beta.

And I'm not sure who you are talking to but I have seen it compared to CoD over a dozen times.

I'm not saying it's the same game, but the mechanics are VERY similar.

As for camping, you could easily camp in Titanfall and just shoot Grunts to get points if you really wanted to. Also, your Titan can just run around automatically killing stuff too...you never even have to see a single human player to get points.

And I'm not sure who you are talking to but I have seen it compared to CoD over a dozen times.

As for camping, you could easily camp in Titanfall and just shoot Grunts to get points if you really wanted to. Also, your Titan can just run around automatically killing stuff too...you never even have to see a single human player to get points.

Which is why I said
and while it may be possible to camp, no one trying to get a lot of points would.

The pace of the game is more like Quake 3 or UT2K4 IMO. Keep moving or your dead. I love it and it will be a day 1 purchase for me.

Sure you could.

And you will NEVER finish anywhere near the top, and you will level slowly.

Thankfully this game does not reward solo players with kill streaks. Thats one reason why I enjoyed this beta.

Back