Titanfall Cheaters Are Being “Rooted Out”

HardOCP News

[H] News
Respawn Entertainment says it is aware there are people cheating in the PC version of Titanfall and the company has plans to "root them out."

Titanfall is only two days old in North America and already reports of “aimbotters”, cheaters using software to auto-aim or auto-snap their curser on to enemy players, are beginning to surface. The studio announced publicly that they will be taking proper action “soon”.

But.. but.. they're using a modified version of the Source Engine. Thought VAC stopped cheaters :D

Wasn't there a game where you got aim assist when you had a gamepad plugged in?

I don't play titanfall (too expensive still) but when I do play FPS online I've been accused of aimbotting from time to time and usually it's just bad players with sour grapes. Sometimes there's a lucky snap shot or something legitimately suspicious, but usually it's just noob whining.

So my question to the [H]orde: Are there really a bunch of cheaters, or are there just some good FPS players crushing some candy crush players that saw an advertisement for titanfall?

So my question to the [H]orde: Are there really a bunch of cheaters, or are there just some good FPS players crushing some candy crush players that saw an advertisement for titanfall?

I suck at FPS's compared to many people. I'm not horrible on the PC, but I'm far from good. I haven't played the final version of Titanfall yet, but there is a huge difference between a good shot and an impossible shot. And a guy that can make every single shot from long range and be a kill shot damn near every time? Either he's a professional gamer and should be making some big money doing what he's doing, or he's cheating. I've seen some great players (I've seen them kick my ass!), they aren't perfect. They do miss shots (which they soon correct and still kill me... fuckers). I can tell the cheaters because they can hit me from far away with a small weapon while running. Snipers? Sure. A .45? No way. And not over and over again.

I can't speak for Overratedfall, but I've been online gaming since 1998, and while I did see some cheaters on official or moderated servers, they have been few and far between. People are usually just whiny biches. I have been kicked and banned from more servers than I dare count just because I was wiping the floor with the host's clan, or just some particularly whiny power-crazed kid.

Cheats happen, but they usualy are quickly weeded out and not nearly as rampant as some people would like masses to believe.

Titanfall has auto-aim when you plug a controller in. If you plug a controller in then play with keyboard and mouse you get auto-aim and good controls.

If they didn't want people to use aimbots they should have made aimbots a feature of the game.

I hate any aimbotter, no matter the game or system. Mental rejects that don't care how they may ruin a game and community just so they can have a l33t, but obviously hacking score.

There is a solution though... remove headshots from games. I know that would cause a riot from l33t players, but seriously, that would remove the worst part of aimbotters.

I don't play competitive multiplayer shooters anymore, and the only reason is the rampant cheating involved via bots.

I took my ball and went home. :p

I hate any aimbotter, no matter the game or system. Mental rejects that don't care how they may ruin a game and community just so they can have a l33t, but obviously hacking score.

There is a solution though... remove headshots from games. I know that would cause a riot from l33t players, but seriously, that would remove the worst part of aimbotters.

SO you want to ruin a game to combat people that "ruin" the game?:confused::confused::confused:

People out there spend actual money for aimbots that are continually updated and patched with the games updates. Why do people do this? I have no idea, in an FPS it would just make the game NOT fun in a short period of time. Some people just want their e-peen godly stats where everyone else thinks they are a good player but in reality they are cheaters.

WarZ/Infestation was the worst game I ever played in terms of cheaters. Anything that has "perma death" or where you can potentially lose hours of progress or valuable items is going to be OVERRUN with people cheating who can't stand to lose.

Cheats happen, but they usualy are quickly weeded out and not nearly as rampant as some people would like masses to believe.

With BF4, it wasn't too often, but you could always tell when they were cheating. I got my ass handed to me 90% of the time. 85% of that time was legit. That 5% were either from cheaters or from FPS God's that can nail a shot from across the map with a small caliber weapon and get a head shot (multiple times). You can tell when people are cheating or when they are just great players. That's why I love playing on the [H] servers for BF4. I got beat again and again, but at least I could play and have a chance. I got decent during that time. Haven't played in a while.

Cheating is one of the biggest drawbacks of PC gaming compared to console. Rampant aim-botters ruin BF4 when you see snipers running around mowing people down in close quarter combat or machine gunners picking people off at a distance with first few shots.

I don't understand the point of cheaters. How can you claim to be a better player if the only way you can win is by giving yourself a unfair advantage? Isn't using a aimbot or other hack just a admission that you suck and that the only way you can win is to cheat.

Its pretty sad...

The most common I have seen so far is the old highlighting the positions and giving details of every player-controlled object in the game. I would often run into a person sitting in one position on the map who would always be aware of where I was, even while I was being quiet so I wouldn't show on radar. Thankfully I haven't run into aimbotters or one-hit kill hacks as of yet.

I don't understand the point of cheaters. How can you claim to be a better player if the only way you can win is by giving yourself a unfair advantage? Isn't using a aimbot or other hack just a admission that you suck and that the only way you can win is to cheat.

Its pretty sad...
I think most of their pleasure comes from the reactions of players and the fact that gameplay is being disrupted.

Its pretty sad...

Yes, yes and yes.

Its pretty sad...

What's even more sad are the people that use scripts and other tactics to crash servers. One guy on L4D (yes I still play that) will DOS any server he's not winning on. I'm sure if this is a source based game that will happen some with Titanfall.

Then there's the infamous "Troll packs" that travel together from server to server so they can't be vote kicked. Then they proceed to use whatever means necessary to chase everyone off.

Sadder yet is most of the people I've run across doing these things are in their mid 20's to 30's. You're seriously that annoyed with life you have to do these things? I suppose cheaters do what they do for much the same reasons, just to make life frustrating for others.

When one has the cheat in a fictional video game, it tells you that they are very likely losers in real life. Single player cheating is fine and enhances the experience after beating the game as we all have fond memories of the codes idkfa and iddqd and so on.

Cheating is one of the biggest drawbacks of PC gaming compared to console. Rampant aim-botters ruin BF4 when you see snipers running around mowing people down in close quarter combat or machine gunners picking people off at a distance with first few shots.

BF4 servers don't have active admins?

But.. but.. they're using a modified version of the Source Engine. Thought VAC stopped cheaters :D

VAC is not a Source feature, it's a Steam feature. Titanfall doesn't use Steam.

Remember, humor requires a kernel of truth in order to be funny.

I can't speak for Overratedfall, but I've been online gaming since 1998, and while I did see some cheaters on official or moderated servers, they have been few and far between. People are usually just whiny biches. I have been kicked and banned from more servers than I dare count just because I was wiping the floor with the host's clan, or just some particularly whiny power-crazed kid.

Watch out! This guy doesn't like the hype, and is lso a very good gamer and very modest about it.

Titanfall is a lot of fun. I wouldn't call it overrated.

The most common I have seen so far is the old highlighting the positions and giving details of every player-controlled object in the game. I would often run into a person sitting in one position on the map who would always be aware of where I was, even while I was being quiet so I wouldn't show on radar. Thankfully I haven't run into aimbotters or one-hit kill hacks as of yet.

Pretty sure there is a perk or something that allows the person to see all players on the radar at all times. There was in the beta anyway. I don't own the game, but I remember there being something like this in the beta. Maybe he was using that?

I don't think cheating is quite as rampant as people make it out to be. I play quite a bit of BF4 and have thought someone was cheating less times than I can count on both hands. I'm fairly good at the game though so I don't whine every time someone kills me.

On the other hand I get accused of cheating about every third time I play the game. I typically go look at the hacusators profiles and see that they are terrible whiny children that should be on xbox.

I don't think cheating is quite as rampant as people make it out to be. I play quite a bit of BF4 and have thought someone was cheating less times than I can count on both hands. I'm fairly good at the game though so I don't whine every time someone kills me.

On the other hand I get accused of cheating about every third time I play the game. I typically go look at the hacusators profiles and see that they are terrible whiny children that should be on xbox.

It really depends on the game. Back in the day, I played Rogue Spear and that game turned into exploiters vs exploiters because if you didn't exploit your team lost.

For those wondering why people cheat, look at your responses. They have accomplished what they went out to do, troll you and make you rage hard. A few people hack because they need to be top, but most do it troll.

Game's rating is getting crushed by trolls on pretty much every single game rating site. I honestly have no idea what Sony has done to gain such a cult following.

Titanfall has auto-aim when you plug a controller in. If you plug a controller in then play with keyboard and mouse you get auto-aim and good controls.

If they didn't want people to use aimbots they should have made aimbots a feature of the game.

Can I get verification on that. I played at a friends house on his PC with a 360 controller to simulate how I would play if I purchased the game, HTPC, and it didn't feel like it had any kind of auto-aim.

Game's rating is getting crushed by trolls on pretty much every single game rating site. I honestly have no idea what Sony has done to gain such a cult following.

They installed root kits in peoples brains.

Why do you assume its just disgruntled PlayStation owners? Maybe just maybe the game is an overhyped pile?

How the hell did they ship it without a hint of anti-cheat along with 35+ gigs of uncompressed audio of every single language the game comes in and still ask $60 for a digitally purchased PC copy of it?

How the hell did they ship it without a hint of anti-cheat along with 35+ gigs of uncompressed audio of every single language the game comes in and still ask $60 for a digitally purchased PC copy of it?

Maybe they should have released a Limited Edition for 70. It's not unheard of even for digital downloads.

I've been playing MP FPS for soon to be 2 decades and I think 90% of the "cheaters" are just better players. Oh noes! Someone is performing things I could never imagine! Impossibru!!!

VAC is not a Source feature, it's a Steam feature. Titanfall doesn't use Steam.

Remember, humor requires a kernel of truth in order to be funny.

I know VAC is a Steam feature. My point is that the Source engine has the most readily available cheats on the internet. Some for $$$ and some that are free.

Respawn's response is just the same shit as Rockstar's Max Payne 3 ( multiplayer ) response.

They don't give a shit, if they did, they would have had anti-cheat software. Day 1 hacks mean I'll never buy Titanfall ever.

Just another corporation where the bottom line is the only metric.

Back