Titanfall - Beta, anyone got in?

And here is a Origin code.

Congratulations: You've been selected for participation in the Titanfall Beta!
The Titanfall Beta is now LIVE and ready for you to jump in. Here is your single-use code redeemable directly through Origin.
8R9Z-YED5-M4JY-UZ8N-JHJB

1. Click here. to download Origin.

2. Once you've installed Origin, click here. to redeem your code reference above.

3. Launch Origin and check your "My Games" library for the Titanfall Beta.

4. If you don't see Titanfall in your "My Games" library please click the refresh icon.

The Titanfall Beta is limited-time only, don't miss any action!**

Looks like this one has been nabbed without a responding post. Anywho. Gave it a shot, and signed up for the potential to be in the "next wave."

I'm playing on both and the experience is identical its really awesome. On pc crossfire didn't work right so running on a single gpu right now.

Yea if anyone else has an xbox one code they are not planning on using please pm it to me. I'd really like to check it out.

Edit: Thanks DF-1

Last edited:
Jump kick(kicking in general) needs a hard nerf. It's the equivalent of running straight at a guy with a knife and being able to kill him before he kills you.

Anyone have a spare pc beta key? I have been trying for a while to get one. It would be greatly appreciated

Major Nelson just posted the xbox one beta is being opened up to everyone no code required look in games store for it soon

For those who were wondering how it would stack up vs. the PC version - it does pretty well. The FOV is locked at 70 and the res is lower...but the upscaling does a surprising job of making you not notice or care very much.
I have the demo on both the PC and Xbox One and if I have more friends on the console version I might end up just grabbing it for the One. It isn't a graphical powerhouse to begin with, vsync is 1/2 broken, and it's a pad friendly game.

So...what's this game like. I was expecting this thread to buzzing!!

It's alright to me, maps seem way too small and I think it's ridiculous we're capped @ 6v6. Doesn't seem very "next gen" in practice.

I played a few minutes of it on the XB1 seems like CoD with mechs which isn't bad thing.

I've slowly lost interest over fast paced FPS over the years so it wasn't mind blowing for me.

But I do see it being as something could help sell more xbox ones.

It's alright to me, maps seem way too small and I think it's ridiculous we're capped @ 6v6. Doesn't seem very "next gen" in practice.

Many people I've seen on other sites like GAF find it a little chaotic even with 6v6 personally I think this game is really fun buying it for pc and Xbox one.

So...what's this game like. I was expecting this thread to buzzing!!

Honesty, I was expecting more because this game almost looks like a 360 game with just a little more sheen...not much, I knew from the video's I had watched it wasn't jaw dropping but on the visual side it's severely lacking. The gameplay is almost exactly like CoD but with a mech twist but the mechs can't withstand much damage before your back on your feet gunning it with your soldier because the maps are so small that your mech can easily get attacked from off the screen and there are several buildings where soldier's can go and mech's can't.

And since there's no damage modeling on the maps you can't destroy a building some soldier's hiding in that's randomly shooting you in the back with a rocket launcher, but the soldier gun-play is pure Cod with little recoil and fast pop shooting. The way your soldier can climb on shit and run on shit is cool but your a sitting duck during the process.

It sounds like I'm being harsh but I thought it was a good demo but I was expecting a whole lot more from the makers of CoD and this being their 1st project since.....but it's really just CoD with a science fiction twist.

Me and my friends love it. But I'm exercising caution because it's an EA game so I will not buy it at launch. I'll keep an eye on it during launch and see what my friends think.

I learned my lesson with BF4.

Me and my friends love it. But I'm exercising caution because it's an EA game so I will not buy it at launch. I'll keep an eye on it during launch and see what my friends think.

Yea the EA thing keeps bothering me.

Anyway overall the game seems pretty fun. Kinda wish some of the guns were more powerful(I'm use to playing hardcore mode on cod and bf).

i thought the game was a load of fun and thats why i play games to have fun.

I dont care who makes it if its fun ill play it. This is a day 1 buy for sure.

VISUALLY i wish the graphics were better but gameplay wise its a blast.

I think the textures will be a bit better on release. They left them lower than normal so the beta download size wasn't that big.

It's running on source engine though so I'm sure there's only so much you can do. But granted that you're moving quite quickly most of the time I feel it's a non-issue.

I played maybe 5 or 6 matches last night (for the first time), and this game is a definite purchase. I have no problem with the 6v6 (human players), as every match I took part in was none-stop action. Between the bots, Titans in follow mode, and the size of the maps, I think they found a pretty good balance.

Yeah, this game is a ton of fun, I'm having a total blast with it so far :D

The reason I said the EA part is that they a good history of screwing up badly. It goes back a while too. I remember the first battlefield game(1942). The beta/demo was great and the retail game ran like complete ass. I mean you would go play the same map and one worked and the other didn't. Took them over a month to fix if I remember right. With battle field 3 they decided to trash hardcore mode, denied screwing with it for days, then said o well just pay us 30 bucks a month for a custom server to get it back.

The fear is that with EA being involved it seems like they have to do something wrong with it. Really I hope they don't as it is good but in the back of my mind I just am waiting for it to blow up in my face.

Last night I played a little more and got to level 14. For only have two maps I'm still have a lot of fun, but I think switching between different game modes really helps. I'm going to play for a couple hours after work, and then just eagerly await March 11th.

No, it's a Respawn Entertainment game being published by EA through their partners program. Respawn is currently an independent development studio that owns their IP. Since BF4 is alluded to in all these Titanfall threads, the difference is D.I.C.E. is owned by EA. This means they have to answer directly to EA's demands in addition to needing to meet deadlines set by EA.

The beta was suppose to end, but Respawn tweeted that they are testing a new patch, and the servers may remain up for a little while yet. Get some more gaming in, while you still can!

I do hope it is still up for this weekend. I had fun playing it, loved running around as a trooper a bit more than calling in my Titan.

I do hope it is still up for this weekend.

That would be awesome. Unfortunately Respawn said the servers "may remain up for a few hours more," but who knows what will happen. They already extended it once.

played it last week. It was fun but not as fun as i expected. Maybe because im not accustomed to the smaller maps and such. I been a BF fan since bf3, so coming from that style of gameplay is an adjustment. The mech play was fun and its not overpowering to the point of it not being fun.

Its a day 1 purchase for me though because of the change of pace. And a ton of my friends will have it anyways.

Any ideas if the PC vs Xbone versions play significantly different? With all the hype of the cloud gaming of the Xbone, I'm sure the devs had time to optimze this game for it.

I want to know how will cloud gaming will play a part when this game is released.
Also, with this being 6v6 what does cloud gaming has to do with this game? I do understand forza, the cloud uploaded drivatars, but what about this?

Any ideas if the PC vs Xbone versions play significantly different? With all the hype of the cloud gaming of the Xbone, I'm sure the devs had time to optimze this game for it.

I played both betas they felt exactly the same.

Cloud is just marketing speak, don't fall for it. They were the same outside of the normal +'s that a PC gets.

Back