Titanfall 2’s Next Big Update Is Pilot-Only “Live Fire"

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Once again, this will be a free update, so you can’t really complain even if you prefer playing as a Titan. There is no exact release date, but expect it “soon.” I think a lot of us are still wondering what EA was thinking when they put this up against Battlefield and Call of Duty.

Live Fire will be a six-on-six multiplayer game without any Titans. According to this update, it's a best-of-five rounds mode without any respawns. Teams win by eliminating the other side or by possessing a flag when the counter runs out. The new maps are called Stacks and Meadow. "These two maps are tight, enclosed death boxes designed specifically for the fast-paced, intense nature of the mode," Respawn said. The title update will also bring a new Coliseum map called Columns, a new Pilot execution animation, and "multiple new Commander intros for each faction." This update and all of its content will be free.

Last edited:
I quite like tf2. Liked the first game too though. My kids barely touch the ground with all their wall running and grappling. Really not like COD at all.

I quite like tf2. Liked the first game too though. My kids barely touch the ground with all their wall running and grappling. Really not like COD at all.
Except CoD for the past few games has been nothing but wall running and double jumping with jetpacks. Really the only thing it's missing is the grapple.

maybe this is their plan to get around IP infringement as they couldn't just make a CoD direct clone with a different name? lol

Its a pity, because if they made a CoD4:MW v2.0 - it'd probably kick the ass out of MW2 and MW3 and all the versions in between and since (including Treach versions)! :p

maybe this is their plan to get around IP infringement as they couldn't just make a CoD direct clone with a different name? lol

Its a pity, because if they made a CoD4:MW v2.0 - it'd probably kick the ass out of MW2 and MW3 and all the versions in between and since (including Treach versions)! :p

My brain read that as Morrowind 2 and Morrowind 3.

Except CoD for the past few games has been nothing but wall running and double jumping with jetpacks. Really the only thing it's missing is the grapple.
I wasn't aware of that. I guess it's been a few years since I played much CoD.

I wasn't aware of that. I guess it's been a few years since I played much CoD.
Yeah, advanced warfare, black ops 3, and infinite warfware. If it wasn't for the mechs and the grapple, it'd be pretty difficult to tell the difference between them and titanfall.

Of course infinite warfare has been universally crapped on, but that doesn't really stop the hype train. There's levels in space stations now, robots as selectable characters, laser guns, space ships in the SP campaign, I wouldn't be shocked if the next one takes place entirely on the moon with lightsabers.

So....basically just Call of Duty, then.

Titanfall 2 has one of the best single player campaigns in recent memory. Also it's made by the actual creators of Call of Duty, unlike the recent Call of Duty games. I think this is supposed to be some kind of insult, but Titanfall 2 is a great game. I actually think it's far better than either Battlefield 1 or CODIW. It will probably end up on one of those "best games no one played" lists.

Titanfall 2 has one of the best single player campaigns in recent memory. Also it's made by the actual creators of Call of Duty, unlike the recent Call of Duty games. I think this is supposed to be some kind of insult, but Titanfall 2 is a great game. I actually think it's far better than either Battlefield 1 or CODIW. It will probably end up on one of those "best games no one played" lists.

It's not really meant to be an insult, I own Titanfall 2 and the SP is indeed great. However, this "new" game mode does seem to just be for the CoD folks. Newer CoD games have similar fast mobility so that is not really a differentiator anymore.

Still, it's a free update, so whatever. I don't see myself playing it but others will probably find value there.

not sure how bad it would on the servers but I keep expecting them to make a map where you jump between the past and present map like you do several times in the campaign. jumping to the other map strolling forward to stand behind where you guess the mech is or getting above it would be really intesting if player could load into either map and only some of the players carring the time thingys could jump but if you die you drop the time thing. Likely the sever would melt from the people reloading the maps but if they could get a way to keep both maps in memory it likely would be a lot fun trying to guess where players were on both maps as you sneak around in broad day light for all intents and purposes.

Back