Titanfall 2 Will Have Single-Player Campaign

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I’ll be checking the sequel out, then. There is also a TV spinoff show in the works, though I imagine the Titans will only have a limited appearance due to budgets and all.

…the first Titanfall didn't have a proper story mode, players didn't get all the answers they were looking for. "One of the shortcomings of the first game was we just did not have the mechanism to tell everyone 'Here's who you are, here's where you are and who's around you,'" Stern said. "We knew all the answers, we just could not deliver it."

/sigh

If a multi player game has a single player campaign in most cases that campaign isn't that great. So I don't see what the complaint is...

There are great single player FPSes out there... FarCry etc

There are great multiplayer FPSes out there... BF and COD

I don't understand the complaints personally.

I don't have time to play multiplayer, so I didn't even bother looking at titanfall. All it needed was a single player mode and I would have loved to check it out. Sounds like they're trying to get people like me to buy it...

Good, cause I used to let my son play (5 years old) Titanfall every once in a while because he really liked the whole Mech thing. But I felt bad letting him just walk around while his team mates are actually trying to do stuff.

But I also blame EA for not putting an offline mode in the game. Want people to always play online? Well this is the downside.

Titanfall had so much potential...hopefully the first game will serve as a beta on what they need to work on...the inclusion of a single player campaign is a nice move....hoping Titanfall 2 is a success as I want to like this game

/sigh

If a multi player game has a single player campaign in most cases that campaign isn't that great. So I don't see what the complaint is...

Yea I have mixed feelings. Personally I'd rather see the time spend on single player be spent adding more multiplayer levels. That being said the universe is interesting, I would like to see how a campaign plays out if they spent some time on it. I didn't have an issue with how it was done last time though. Put the story in a multiplayer setting.

People are going to bitch either way. Probably over 1/2 the people play COD have never touched the single player. Probably the same for BF. They have over 400 hours in the MP stuff though. Those that are bitching just aren't the target audience.

Wouldn't surprise me if the singleplayer campaign is going to be dull and generic like most modern FPS games and I'm not to hyped about this either but we'll see.

/sigh

And some games are great at both. CoD4 is where the multiplayer really took off, and simultaneously people raved about the campaign as well. It's sort of divisive, but some of the halo games strike a good balance as well. I've played very little of Titanfall because I don't care for that multiplayer much, on the other hand I had fun with the training mission. A decent campaign will sell the second game for me.

/sigh

Too bad you don't understand gaming. You should see someone about your problems

They weren't willing to put a single player campaign in the first game. Why do I feel like they aren't willing to make a good single player campaign for the second game.

Single player is a big part of the choice when I'm looking at games, if you can not make a good single player with out a ton of bugs then you have no idea how to make a good multiplayer that is my opinion though.

I always play through the SP before I even crack open the MP, today that is 3 hours but it used to take a few days.

Single player is a big part of the choice when I'm looking at games, if you can not make a good single player with out a ton of bugs then you have no idea how to make a good multiplayer that is my opinion though.

I always play through the SP before I even crack open the MP, today that is 3 hours but it used to take a few days.

The other way to think, is that a multiplayer focused game like BF4 might not have been a buggy mess for the first year of launch had all the resources(development time, money, etc.) not been wasted on a gargbage SP campaign that most people only played because it was required for MP weapon unlocks.

If games with both MP and SP modes weren't getting released in a state that could only be considered a hot mess of garbage, the logic you're using might make sense.

Good, cause I used to let my son play (5 years old) Titanfall every once in a while because he really liked the whole Mech thing. But I felt bad letting him just walk around while his team mates are actually trying to do stuff.
Well there ya go, maybe this game isn't meant for someone like your son who doesn't quite yet have the skills to actually do anything in it.

Don't get me wrong it's great you let your kid play, but I'd be pretty pissed if he was one of my team mates just doing nothing at all to contribute to the team sport.

The other way to think, is that a multiplayer focused game like BF4 might not have been a buggy mess for the first year of launch had all the resources(development time, money, etc.) not been wasted on a gargbage SP campaign that most people only played because it was required for MP weapon unlocks.

If games with both MP and SP modes weren't getting released in a state that could only be considered a hot mess of garbage, the logic you're using might make sense.

I don't necessarily disagree with this but people insist on buying games that are garbage then paying for a much needed patch in the form of DLC. I used to buy games day one because you knew that any bugs the dev was going to work hard to get it fixed and listen to community feed back. Today they only listen to the whiners or Esports teams and for this I wait until they are $3 on steam Christmas sale and everything is fixed.

Stop paying for junk and force them with your wallet to put out quality material.

I don't necessarily disagree with this but people insist on buying games that are garbage then paying for a much needed patch in the form of DLC. I used to buy games day one because you knew that any bugs the dev was going to work hard to get it fixed and listen to community feed back. Today they only listen to the whiners or Esports teams and for this I wait until they are $3 on steam Christmas sale and everything is fixed.

Stop paying for junk and force them with your wallet to put out quality material.

Ok, and including half-assed SP campaigns that might as well be rail shooters still has nothing to do with anything(other than dev time wasted on a campaign the majority of the buyers don't want to bother with). It's not as if there is a shortage of good SP games, requiring developers to tack on half-assed SP modes to make up for something.

I think one of your biggest problems is preorders. Tons of ppl buy games on preorder, cause they give you some kind of DLC advantage on day one. That or they come up with some crazy Limited Edition box or something. No one knows if the game is going to be a hot mess when it releases or not.

Well, recently all these AAA titles come out broken in some way. I'm just going to wait a month or so after a release before I pick them up. Unless of course, some LE boxset with an item that I probably will never use. Like my wearable Pipboy.

Back