Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 1?

Which?

• TF2

• BF1

Results are only viewable after voting.

DF-1

2[H]4U
Gonna buy one tonight/tomorrow morning. I'm probably going to end up buying the other sometime down the road.

This is what im thinking:

BF4 was $20 a few weeks after release, on black friday. (or maybe they priced it so because the launch was bad?) (also can wait for premium edition) so maybe i should wait?

Titanfall 2 has low player count, I don't wana buy a game thats going to be dead. But because it isn't selling well it might go for a deep discount like battleborn soon?

what do you guys think?

The SP in both games are quite short and not worth buying full price for if the SP is only what you are interested in.

As for MP, the general consensus is that while both games are great, TF has a precedent set where it's playerbase dwindles to almost nothing a few months after release. This time around there are no exclusive DLC maps to fragment the community, so things may improve with regards to the playerbase over time - whereas with BF1 even though there are exclusive DLC maps you can be sure that months or even years from now there will still be a sizeable amount of players playing the game.

I saw a post that said "If you feel like dying to snipers/campers get BF1 and if you feel like dying to Titans buy TF2". BF1 mp maps (as of now) have very poor map design, they are mostly very wide open areas with almost no cover which results in a lot of getting shot from some guy hiding in a bush/ledge hundreds of meters away. This can sometimes lead to epic battles, but it tends to punish players who play the objectives. TF2 map design does have open areas, but its closer to COD/CS style maps, where there are 'rooms' and 'cover' interspersed with the open areas, which is more accessible to typical FPS players. TF2 does have things like wall running/bunny hopping etc that may turn some players off, especially those who don't have good connections to the servers.

Personally, I picked up the BF1 premium for 130 bucks cause I know even if I only play it casually on and off I'll still get my money's worth in the long run. Wasn't planning on buying TF2 but seeing how poor the BF1 map design is I might just pick it up eventually, sometimes you do feel like playing a modern FPS that isn't just wide open areas. If you have some patience, within the coming weeks I'm sure review sites (and players on forums etc) will be posting their BF1 vs TF2 articles and thoughts. Sadly reports from TF2 owners say that the playerbase is already dropping. not sure how accurate that statement is though.

I got BF1 and CoD and skipped TF2.

BF1, I stay away from conquest. I don't like the vehicles (they are just too easy to destroy) and as Drexion said the maps (conquest) are huge and wide open and you'll probably die randomly to snipers pretty often. Play rush and domination and that mostly goes away. That's pretty much what I do. Then when I get tired of shitty WW1 weapons I switch to CoD for a while and do some space robot walljumping until I get sick of that and probably just continually switch back and forth over the next few months until I get my money's worth.

I was on the fence like you, ended up with BF1. I'm sure I will get Titanfall eventually. I really enjoyed the first one. But, if history repeats, TF2 should drop in price much faster. The downside to that is the player base also will be much smaller, but it always briefly inflates around sales. While the player counts were often scares, I never had trouble with not being able to play when I wanted to.

BF1 > TF2 > IW

I picked up BF1 and IW. wish I would have bought TF2 over COD IW.

I got all 3. Trust me when I say this.

BF1 is where its at. Try operations, learn the guns, learn the maps. Then complain about getting sniped etc. Weapons are generally shite though but there is still some fun to be had with at least 1 or 2 weapons per class.
TF2 is amazing fun. I see player count at 5K during weekdays but getting into a match is still easy. Game just keeps on giving and I do not believe it will die. I was also able to match make TF1 1 year after release whereas, for BLOPS3, I have yet to play the last two season pass maps due to NO GAMES IN MY REGION
COD IW is going to die fast. Has most average maps and also is fun in small bouts. I do not recommend it. MW is also crap in MP. I will only indulge in it if matchmaking actually works for me. I got the 100 dollar get your brain checked version but am not satisfied with it. I was having a hard time finding any matches for it 2 days after release.

All said and done, get BF1 now. Get TF2 next. IW don't bother on PC. Go console for that game since it is designed for consoles.

I got all 3. Trust me when I say this.

BF1 is where its at. Try operations, learn the guns, learn the maps. Then complain about getting sniped etc. Weapons are generally shite though but there is still some fun to be had with at least 1 or 2 weapons per class.
TF2 is amazing fun. I see player count at 5K during weekdays but getting into a match is still easy. Game just keeps on giving and I do not believe it will die. I was also able to match make TF1 1 year after release whereas, for BLOPS3, I have yet to play the last two season pass maps due to NO GAMES IN MY REGION
COD IW is going to die fast. Has most average maps and also is fun in small bouts. I do not recommend it. MW is also crap in MP. I will only indulge in it if matchmaking actually works for me. I got the 100 dollar get your brain checked version but am not satisfied with it. I was having a hard time finding any matches for it 2 days after release.

All said and done, get BF1 now. Get TF2 next. IW don't bother on PC. Go console for that game since it is designed for consoles.

Same, got the $100 version. Whatever. If I was strapped for cash that bad I'd probably try for a refund but the game has been pretty enjoyable for me thus far. The time to kill is super fast, people complain, but isn't that more realistic anyway? In non-hardcore BF1 it's almost laughable about how many bullets you can put in a person and have them still be alive.

Matchmaking in IW hasn't caused an issue for me yet in Dom or TDM. I will definitely give up on the game if it starts to become a problem, though. It's really a shame, the game has real potential....Infinity Ward just doesn't really give a shit about making anything more than an average game.

I purchased both and I do think you should get both. With that being said, I voted for BF1. I think its the slightly better game personally, but I do enjoy both. TF2 is pretty similar to the previous version, but BF1 is the first good BF game since BF4 IMO. Maybe purchase BF1 now, and TF2 during BlackFriday/Cyber Monday?

I kinda want to get both. I just got TF2 but i really curious with BF1

I kinda want to get both. I just got TF2 but i really curious with BF1

Two best choices out of the lot for sure.

I suck in BF1 MP and I still don't regret it. SP is solid but I wouldn't buy the game just for that.

TF2 is great. The more I play it, the more impressed I am with it.

I like the TF2 multiplayer and i really like the campaign so far

BF1 for days. Titanfall is for goldfish-attention-span COD brats.

i-voted-sticker.jpg

I voted for BF1. I have no experience with either, and haven't seen or read anything on either, but I voted.

Oh wait. I just realized the symbolism of what I just typed. :eek:

Tf2 seemed more fun with more action. I bought all 3 games x2 for both me and my son. played bf1 one night then a week later played tf2. though we'really playing cod iw the most. heh best action.

I want to say BF1, but quite literally every single outlet out there says the opposite and some are calling TF2 the best FPS ever made, calling it out against HL2 even. Apparently the campaign is next level shit, and the overall package is as polished as it comes. I think comments in here saying that TF2 is like some COD-like coddled stupid gamer thing are very ignorant and telling. Why not just read some reviews guys and maybe buy both? lol

TF2 being a great game doesn't make you less of a gamer, or less of a man. It means there is now another amazing game for you to play someday, maybe.. if you can handle coming down off the horse.

both games are very different...me personally I would play Titanfall 2 but I can understand BF for fans of team based gameplay with pretty graphics

Back