Titanfall 2: Exclusive 4K 60fps On A Titan X

It's such a fail that EA has decided to release this game so close to BF1. Most people who want both are going to have to make a choice to which one they want, at least in the short term. Consider this: the BF1 beta was a hit with gamers while the TF2 beta was widely criticized for the slice we were given and the changes made to the gameplay from the first.

The explosions look cheesy as hell. Line the enemies up in a row like a football team, kill them off, then wait for the next row to spawn. I think I'm going to skip this game. I thought that the single player content was supposed to be this experience that shouldn't be missed. I wasn't fond of the changes to the multiplayer game play in the Beta. I honestly was looking forward to the campaign; now not so much.

Isn't this game another Source Engine Modified game? I would HOPE a Titan-X can do 4k@60fps....

Isn't this game another Source Engine Modified game? I would HOPE a Titan-X can do 4k@60fps....
It's still based off the Source engine, yes, but they said it has been modified by the engineering team so much for this game that it is no longer recognizable as Source from a code base standpoint.

How it works...why bother having war machines? They move just like humans which looks kinda stupid.

It's such a fail that EA has decided to release this game so close to BF1. Most people who want both are going to have to make a choice to which one they want, at least in the short term. Consider this: the BF1 beta was a hit with gamers while the TF2 beta was widely criticized for the slice we were given and the changes made to the gameplay from the first.
They are probably thinking BF1 is for people who want to play in massive 64 player battles, and TF2 is for people who want smaller battles.

64 player for the win baby. Yet I do love 16 player coop wooaaa :)

If TF2 going to have those cheesy AI bots or smart pistol again?

Why do people think uploading 4k video -- which is promptly compressed, only to be later be view on displays less than 4k 95%+ of the time -- proves anything?

No matter what the intended message was, what that video actually says is the poster is either a moron or thinks I am. :facepalm:

Looks generic. Almost like COD with battle bots. pass

That's what Titanfall is....CoD Multiplayer paried up with the ability to get in a mech. This 2nd edition is supposed to add a SP campaign (because T1 is wafer-thin in content and narrative, once you've played the first map in your first match, you've played the entire game), but i'm guessing that's just botmatch with a pointless story on re-tooled versions of the multiplayer maps. From what that video shows, it's a graphically upgraded version of the game you already own...its an expansion pack. If there is a rich, long campaign I'll be surprised.......I expect more of the same and a publisher hoping everyone gets a preorder in, but I'm holding out for $20+all the DLC :)

I'm interested in this, but I'm waiting for reviews. Respawn seems to care about the quality of their games, but EA are a bag of dicks and they nearly totally ruined the last one with penny-pinching and deadlines.

Last edited:
is it just me or why is the tilte say 4k at 60 fps but you can't watch the youtube video in 4k. The highest is 1080p. wtf

That ship explosion looked pretty damn cheesy, but everything else looks fantastic. I'm really looking forward to this one. I still play the first one from time to time.

That's what Titanfall is....CoD Multiplayer paried up with the ability to get in a mech. This 2nd edition is supposed to add a SP campaign (because T1 is wafer-thin in content and narrative, once you've played the first map in your first match, you've played the entire game), but i'm guessing that's just botmatch with a pointless story on re-tooled versions of the multiplayer maps. From what that video shows, it's a graphically upgraded version of the game you already own...its an expansion pack. If there is a rich, long campaign I'll be surprised.......I expect more of the same and a publisher hoping everyone gets a preorder in, but I'm holding out for $20+all the DLC :)

Pretty much every CoD and its clones have been wafer-thin in SP content.

The 3 Modern Warfare SP campaigns added together would probably be just long enough for a decent SP campaign, in 3 separate games, they were FAR too short.

GoW is pretty much the same in that regard, I finished 2 of the campaigns (1 Ultimate Edition and 4) in less than a weekend, which is why I got the idea that the franchise's main focus is MP, IE another CoD clone. GoW1's SP campaign plot is especially thin (the campaign essentially consists of 3 objectives, and offers absolutely no background info as to who the Gears are, who the COGs are, other than that Gears are COG soldiers, and no explanation as to who Locusts are, and what happened in the past that got them there, etc. At least 4 has better background info, but it ended at the exact time I least expected it to end, and I was very disappointed since the story wasn't anywhere NEAR its end. It started well, but ended poorly).

If TF2 is going to be indeed another CoD clone (IE < 10 hour SP campaign length with little substance), I definitely won't be buying it at more than $15, since the campaign is all I am going to play.

Pretty much every CoD and its clones have been wafer-thin in SP content.

The 3 Modern Warfare SP campaigns added together would probably be just long enough for a decent SP campaign, in 3 separate games, they were FAR too short.

GoW is pretty much the same in that regard, I finished 2 of the campaigns (1 Ultimate Edition and 4) in less than a weekend, which is why I got the idea that the franchise's main focus is MP, IE another CoD clone. GoW1's SP campaign plot is especially thin (the campaign essentially consists of 3 objectives, and offers absolutely no background info as to who the Gears are, who the COGs are, other than that Gears are COG soldiers, and no explanation as to who Locusts are, and what happened in the past that got them there, etc. At least 4 has better background info, but it ended at the exact time I least expected it to end, and I was very disappointed since the story wasn't anywhere NEAR its end. It started well, but ended poorly).

If TF2 is going to be indeed another CoD clone (IE < 10 hour SP campaign length with little substance), I definitely won't be buying it at more than $15, since the campaign is all I am going to play.

The Titanfall developers are literally the original founding members and developers of Infinity Ward / Call of Duty.

Didn't know that, thanks.

It's actually a juicy story full of drama. After they were acquired by Activision their CEO, Bobby Kotick, had them forcibly removed from the premises under pretext of espionage. There was a huge lawsuit and I believe Respawn got a pretty good settlement out of it.

It's actually a juicy story full of drama. After they were acquired by Activision their CEO, Bobby Kotick, had them forcibly removed from the premises under pretext of espionage. There was a huge lawsuit and I believe Respawn got a pretty good settlement out of it.
So what exactly did Activision buy them for? The building?

So what exactly did Activision buy them for? The building?

Well it didn't happen immediately after. I believe IW was acquired shortly after the release of Call of Duty 2. COD Modern Warfare launched smoothly and then finally Modern Warfare 2. Shortly after MW2 suspicious arose internally of talks between the two founders and a possible break off from the company and under publisher EA. Activision investigated this internally and had their IT staff go into their email accounts to confirm the suspicious that there was correspondence with executives at EA. The week of the firings about 80% of the original Infinity Ward staff resigned and moved to Respawn Entertainment.

As for Activision, the COD franchise has definitely been a cash cow for them so that's the biggest deal they got away with. They moved the team over from Sledgehammer and Treyarch and reformed Infinity Ward and pump out shitty rehashes of the same game so they're doing great. Respawn.. meh, fat settlement check and EA as their publisher, they'll be fine.

Back