Titan XP and 1080ti in SLI?

Tripp17

Gawd
Was wondering if anyone thinks its possible to SLI the 2 cards? If not out right then what about flashing a 1080ti bios to a Titan XP and then putting the two in SLI? Sure the Titan X will lose 1GB 0f vram but my Titan has no problem at 11GB/s memory speeds. The added core clock isnt a problem seeing as my core runs stable at 2012/2000 in all my games. Anyone ever tried this?

Won't work.

Technically 1080ti and Titan XP are different chips, so you can't SLI them. This is basically the same as Titan XM and 980ti, or 980 and 970, you couldn't SLI any of these pairs.

Even if you could flash a Titan XP BIOS onto 1080ti, the different VRAMS on both cards would also prevent them from being able to SLI, they removed the ability for 2 cards with the same name but different VRAM to SLI a while ago (EG 760 2GB and 4GB versions).

I have a Titan XP and I'm gonna order a 1080 Ti as soon as the 3rd party ones become available, I might try this out just for kicks even though I have no plans on running an SLI config for any extended period of time.

Back