Titan X [PASCAL] is a BEAST at folding - 1,126,315 PPD!

chemist_slime

[H]ard|Gawd
Just got a new Titan X (Pascal) to test and it's a beast at folding! Default clocks and I'm getting 1,126,315 PPD.

Attachments

• Photo Aug 07, 21 38 31.jpg
    Photo Aug 07, 21 38 31.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 337
Isn't it great to have amazingly expensive hardware to test and/or play with, but not have to pay for said hardware? :LOL:

Isn't it great to have amazingly expensive hardware to test and/or play with, but not have to pay for said hardware? :LOL:

Yea, I need to give it back tomorrow. Just wanted to do a quick bench so everyone would know as I wasn't able to find an answer of PPD elsewhere for the new Titan X Pascal.

Thanks for posting the info.

The problem is a pair of 1080's gets you more PPD for the same or less cost.

A Maxwell Titan can get more than that on some WUs and a nice OC. OCNs GPU PPD database had a 1.5mil PPD submission with a Titan XP. A p13201 WU which does pretty well on my 980Ti so probably pretty well on pascal too.

I've been folding for 4 days with the card now and I got my first really fast unit today, p11430 which got me just over 1.5mil PPD. I'm still waiting on a 13200 or 13201 which should show me the max PPD the card is capable of, somewhere in the 1.6-1.7mil range.

I'm waiting for 1080 Ti numbers. I'm thinking two of those vs. a titan for both F@H and gaming purposes. I don't need double-precision for anything, so Titan vs. (insert card here) is a mute point. Thanks for the numbers, though, gives me hope for the Ti PPD being at least 50% better than 980 Ti.

Back