Titan X Extreme: OC/WC/SLI/12GB

wirk

Gawd
This thread is about using the Titan X beyond the standard. It is already known Titan X overclocks very well, where is the limit? Titan X watercooling is yet an unchartered territory, is further OC performance improvement looming there? How about converting the Titan X to a single slot WC? First results of running SLI are very encouraging, that is 3DMark FireStrike bench shows very good scaling in 2-and 3-way SLI which indicates that any scaling problems are rather on the game software side. But how siginifcant are Titan X SLI problems like stuttering? How is the SLI with the OC? Can specific advantages of having the 12GB VRAM be shown where the 6GB is not enough (like running 3x4K monitors)?

I am interested in watercooling just the Titan X, I'd like to leave my CPU as is.

I'd like to do a full EK-block but am stumped on what components to pair it with. Does a simple Rad/Pump/Fan combo exist for just GPU applications or should I piece everything together individually?

I want a very quiet setup - quiet radiator fan/fans and silent pump.

I am interested in watercooling just the Titan X, I'd like to leave my CPU as is.

I'd like to do a full EK-block but am stumped on what components to pair it with. Does a simple Rad/Pump/Fan combo exist for just GPU applications or should I piece everything together individually?

I want a very quiet setup - quiet radiator fan/fans and silent pump.

You can buy combos. http://www.performance-pcs.com/complete-kits
Maybe just sell the CPU block and route it to a GPU instead, there might be kits w/out the block I havent' really looked. There's also really good reviews on watercooling gear. Google "pump round up" or "radiator round up" and you should be able to find the correct sites.

The swiftech stuff looks like what I am looking to do. In the future if I start from scratch, I'll probably do CPU/GPU all custom, but since I don't want to modify my setup too much, the all in one kit is ideal.

Wow that's a really good deal. It's about the price of a pump if you bought the parts individually.

The swiftech stuff looks like what I am looking to do. In the future if I start from scratch, I'll probably do CPU/GPU all custom, but since I don't want to modify my setup too much, the all in one kit is ideal.

Look at the Swiftech H240-X it is one of the best AIO for CPU available but it is modifiable, you can connect waterblock into its loop. I have the H240-X and it runs very well. I had to exchange tubings in it, this operation is not that difficult, one has to have patience to fill the system fully with no air bubbles left.

On the other hand if one thinks about serious overclocking of Titan X there is emerging information that it is possible to go up to 1500+ MHz with BIOS modding but power consumption is then huge, rather requiring own watercooler then.

Back