Titan Stock Cooler vs ACX

Slade

2[H]4U
20 min run of Furmark

780 default, target temp 81C

Titan: 83C (81-83C) avg 55% fan speed 95-100% output
ACX: 77C fan avg speed 41% 100% output

noise difference: Titan: could hear fan ramp up a bit and is the loudest fan in the system.
ACX. I wasn't sure it was on. Had to put it to 80% to hear it, and at 100% was still quieter than the Titan fan.

So if you want, the acx coolers are for sale off evga. If you can't snag an acx version, at least your impuse buying self can sit comfortably with the fact you can buy it later.

Just for fun, I overclocked it 100mhz, nothing big, but all it did was raise the fan speed to 48%. Temp stayed at 77C.

As the turbo boost 2.0 work with the target temperature, making a custom profile for example. 40C = 40%, 50C= 50%, 60=60% and so on.. Will increase in a good amount the auto boost capability without the need of use the positive offset... Thats why i love GPU boost 2.0. Just raising the fan speed throw a nice amount of clock without touch anything more..

It dropped my temps at default by about 8-10C on my SC Titan. Didn't do as well as the Accelero I have for it but it was only two slots, half the price, and didnt seem totally flimsy.

Can I assume that for the 780, the Titan ACX will suffice?

Back