Titan Quest + xpack = $9.99

JonnyK

2[H]4U
Just picked it up on steam, Thanksgiving special. Super good price for these games. According to what i've read about them anyways.

It was weekend deal, but it's Wednesday.... what gives? I don't know if I should buy it now just in case or if i can wait a couple days, lol

Confirmed!!!!

$9.99 for Titan Quest and Titan Quest Immortal Throne.

Is that steam coming from my wallet or am I hallucinating?

Dude I tried it, loved it and couldnt get past the first boss or whatever it was and quit /deleted :(

Great deal but I'd already purchased it at $19.99. Too bad it runs like poop on my laptop, Turion 2.0, 3gb, 7150m :(

Fun addictive game, remember that you can play the whole first campaign by launching the expansion, you need to go through it all to access the expansion pack content anyway. Do this so that you get the extra features of the expansion when you play through the original.

$9.99 seems like a good deal (I payed more), but don't forget about VAT going down to 15% on Monday, so you might want to wait till then if you're in the UK :)

Titan Quest is one of my favorite games to come along in a looong time. It's got that chewy Diablo goodness with some of the most awesome eye candy you'll ever see in a game of this type.

This deal was worth it a few months back when Steam had it at $20, at $10 it's a friggin' STEAL. :D

One of the best games in the past 5 years. Addicting. Highly under-rated. Not too much replay value however but it's a blast while lasts.

One of the best games in the past 5 years. Addicting. Highly under-rated. Not too much replay value however but it's a blast while lasts.

You can play the campaign on 3 difficulty settings and the legendary items don't even show up until the middle of the epic difficulty.

Fun addictive game, remember that you can play the whole first campaign by launching the expansion, you need to go through it all to access the expansion pack content anyway. Do this so that you get the extra features of the expansion when you play through the original.

$9.99 seems like a good deal (I payed more), but don't forget about VAT going down to 15% on Monday, so you might want to wait till then if you're in the UK :)

So do I have to install both the original and the expansion in order to play both? Or is the original content included in the expansion?

Also, this may be a weekend deal, so waiting until Monday may not be a good idea.

ROFLZZZ....after noticing this thread i took an interetst in the game and after watching some vids etc. i went up to circuit city as i prefer to buy games retail if i can.

i found one copy hidden behind some other games and the box looked all old and shit and it still had the 49.99 price tag on it. i asked the guy to scan it and it was only.........

$5.73

LOL

installing now.

circuti city ftw.

Do you pay tax in Europe?

In Canada we don't have to pay GST (our tax) for downloadable content.

Dude I tried it, loved it and couldnt get past the first boss or whatever it was and quit /deleted :(

No offense or anything but I found TQ to be extremely easy which is what I didn't like about it, it was too easy even on higher difficulties. You always found gear which was excellent for your level and the skills weren't fun to use.

It is certainly worth $10 though.

The last boss of the original campaign is freakishly hard, especially compared to the last boss of the Exp. GREAT game, if anyone wants to group up drop a PM.

ROFLZZZ....after noticing this thread i took an interetst in the game and after watching some vids etc. i went up to circuit city as i prefer to buy games retail if i can.

i found one copy hidden behind some other games and the box looked all old and shit and it still had the 49.99 price tag on it. i asked the guy to scan it and it was only.........

$5.73

LOL

installing now.

circuti city ftw.

Whats REALLY LOLzzzzzz is that down here in [H]ouston, Circuit City has closed up shop. From what I heard on the radio (I dont watch tv news), they filed for bankruptcy. I didnt care one way or the other really as I never shopped there anyways, too expensive.

I'd be up for some co-op thursday or friday nights - as soon as I get it running a little nicer on my laptop. Can I edit a cfg file somewhere and force customs res or no?

Definitely worth $10. I had a lot of fun with it. It's a little bit repetitious, but when you're expecting a Diablo type of game, I doubt you care. I never tried the expansion, but just the normal 'ol game will probably take you 50-70 hours to win just once.

Anyone able to host on Vista? I can't even run a lan with a roommate on my vista... =/ Everyone says hosting works fine on XP but not vista...?

Everytime I click on Multiplayer in Vista, insta crash. What error message are you getting? I haven't tried LAN though.

Well Im having a blast.. Killed the cyclops on my 2nd try without too much difficulty. I got up to 8th level using some spear I picked up early on then switched over to a nasty looking knife. I have over 100,000 gold and nothing to spend it on since all of the weapon smith's armor is worse than what I already have. Made it to Delphi last night.

Well Im having a blast.. Killed the cyclops on my 2nd try without too much difficulty. I got up to 8th level using some spear I picked up early on then switched over to a nasty looking knife. I have over 100,000 gold and nothing to spend it on since all of the weapon smith's armor is worse than what I already have. Made it to Delphi last night.

I haven't played this game....but I am curious.

About your gold, much like Diablo, you can't buy much of anything good no matter how much gold you have (except at low levels)..... I guess they wanted you to gamble it away. That always drove me nuts!:rolleyes:

I get Network Problems detected in vista when I try to host =/

I had that problem, ended up having to set tq to run as admin in the compatibility settings, and then run steam as admin too because tq didn't seem to want to run externally. It worked, but it's definitely not a long-term solution.

I am at level 14. I have about 260k of gold and nothing to buy. I just buy health and energy drink.

I am at Anthen. I should finish this game by friday. So far i believe I put in about 16 hours.

I know for sure i already got my 10 buck worth of play.

This is a great deal. I played this game about a year ago with my brother and loved it. Excellent co-op experience.

The new Diablo experience.

I played this with friends for 6 months, then another 6 when the expansion came out. I think I made just about every class combination possible. I'm also a firm believer that this game will end up looking better than Diablo 3, considering Blizzards history of not pushing hardware.

Get it while its warm!

Are you guys complaining about the gold playing through Vanilla? Immortal Throne gave you easy ways to get rid of your money (scrolls and item seperation). And you're not support to play Vanilla, then Expansion. Load up Immortal Throne from the get go.

I haven't played this game....but I am curious.

About your gold, much like Diablo, you can't buy much of anything good no matter how much gold you have (except at low levels)..... I guess they wanted you to gamble it away. That always drove me nuts!:rolleyes:

I have purchased stuff infrequently but I think my problem is that my stats aren't good enough yet to buy the really expensive weapons and armor.

Does the game ever stutter on everybody else, esp in the olive tree grove with the fire?

It is the type of game that you play through LAN ...but when I played it (it has been a year ago or so) Hamachi groups were everywhere if you wanted to group up.

Did they ever patch the expansion to fix the horrible bugs after its release? About the time that I quit playing they had lost financial backing and wasn't sure they were going to be able to patch again or not but they knew there was a lot of bugs after the expansions release. (The main bug being the horrible rubber banding that a lot of players had with the expansion) It wasn't a big issue for me ...only in a couple places but from the forums that I read about the game some people had a lot of problems with it and there was no rhyme or reason to it...people with great gaming systems seemed to rubber band just as bad as people with low end systems. (Guess I was just one off the lucky ones with very little rubber banding.)

It is one of my top fav games that I have played in the last couple years and I would recommend it to anyone even if they had to pay regular price for it.

Back