Titan Quest Immortal Throne is out!

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
I picked up my copy pf the titan quest expansion today at best buy.

$30 bucks well spent...I'll have never stopped playing the original all this time. I have 25 characters ;)

It's an incredible diablo 2 clone...Actually probably better than diablo 2...Certaintly a longer game!

I just got the original out of my life, and now I'm supposed to fall back into that hole again? I'm going to at least finish Longest Journey first, there isn't enough time in my life for 3 games simultaneously (TLJ and SupCom)

Its a great expansion, improves upon almost every aspect of the original. Its pretty short though, beat it last weak. Now I'll have to start over with dream to see how it is.

I passed on the original because of how buggy it was originally... but I'll pick it up now along with the expansion. BB lets you save $10 when you get both at once.

I have had the original for a while but just recently started playing it cause my old 9800pro couldn't keep up but my current rig plays it nice.

Its a great expansion, improves upon almost every aspect of the original. Its pretty short though, beat it last weak. Now I'll have to start over with dream to see how it is.

Last week? Didn't it come out like yesterday?

Admitting to piracy gets you banned on this forum.

I happily purchased my $30 copy because I've spent TONS of hours on the original copy I purchased. So far - about 3 hours in the expansion is awesome...and yes the expansion was released yesterday - the 6th of March.

Games get released at different times in different continents.
Lots of times in the UK I buy games sometimes almost a month before its available in the US. For example I think I got my copy of gothic3 like 2 months before the US had it available.

Anyhow as for TQ I originally bought it when it was released, and it was buggy as hell, so many god damned bugs it felt like an apha. I got frustrated and uninstalled it, though I must admit the short time I played it was fun as hell, before some game interrupting bug.

I'll give it another chance now that theres been quite a few patches.

I hear this game had a soft release date. Some stores did have it as much as a week ago. Tuesday was when everyone should have it.

TQ was buggy for me when I was playing a non-legit copy with a CD crack. Game was great, so I went, paid 50 bucks for and I ran it fine from start to finish without a hitch.

Yeah, the game only crashed on me a couple of times and I attributed that to a faulty sata dvd drive. Ran great for me, albeit, I had to turn down some graphics options that I thought my card would handle but nonetheless, it ran fine.

The original TQ was buggy as hell, even causing BSODs on many systems. However, Immortal Throne seems to have fixed ALL that. It really is Diablo 3, and Immortal Throne has also addressed many issues that people always used to bitch about Diablo 2. It's fantastic, and the added mastery means there are now 45 possible combinations of masteries, and there are different ways to build on each combination! Diablo 2 lasted me 7 years, and I think TQ will last me just as long. Definitely need a CPU upgrade, though. This game is very clock-intensive.

It really is a great game. It sucks though that I'm stuck on the final boss (Tyfon) in Olympus but my main character (a Thane) is too weak to defeat him. Now I'm working on two other character in hopes of eventually being able to beat the guy so I can play the expansion's maps. Right now it's kind of a waste of money is you haven't beat the original, though some of the things like Caravans are nice for twinking your characters.

I'm also waiting for the Titan Quest Advanced Mod to update for the expansion. I really can't play the game without it.

The caravans OWNED the game. This is what Diablo 2 players have been waiting for, no more need for ATMA/ZonFire or TQDefiler. Not to mention the concept of separating runes and charms from items for reuse.

TQ was buggy for me when I was playing a non-legit copy with a CD crack. Game was great, so I went, paid 50 bucks for and I ran it fine from start to finish without a hitch.

The retail box DVD edition TQ never worked for me without a no-CD patch. I guess my DVD drives does not like SecuRom or whatever protection they are using.

Finished Immortal Throne last weekend on Epic difficulty. Now its Legend time! Great game, and for all you hack and slash fans, the expansion seems longer than the reported 12 hours to complete, especially if you do all the side quests.

Back