Titan Quest and Windows 8.1

Sgraffite

Supreme [H]ardness
I couldn't get this combination to load at all at first. I didn't see any useful recommendations when I tried to look up this issue. Most recommendations were to use Windows 7 instead of Windows 8. I changed the executable to Windows 98/ME and I got it to load up in both 60hz and 100hz, but they both have the same sound problem.

The sound has reverberating echoes. Has anyone experienced this issue, or solid ideas on a resolution?

might be a lost cause....but you could try Path of Exile..free Steam game..closely resembles Titan Quest

This is the install path: \Steam\SteamApps\common\titan quest immortal throne

Some folks on Steam have to re-download and re-verify their installation files prior to getting the patch installed.

Also, Path of Exile is awesome...

Just pick up Grim Dawn and forget about Titan Quest I never got past the 1st level back in 2006.
I preordered the game at Gamestop in 2006.

In what playable state is Grim Dawn now?

This thread is really making me want to re-install TQ......

Hopefully Titan Quest still works. For that style of game (essentially a Diablo clone), it's one of the best if not THE best. I was thinking about reinstalling it during the summer doldrums, I might have to give it a go and see if I can get it running, although I mine is a disk copy.

This is the install path: \Steam\SteamApps\common\titan quest immortal throne

Some folks on Steam have to re-download and re-verify their installation files prior to getting the patch installed.

Also, Path of Exile is awesome...

That's the path I tried, and I just now realized I don't have Immortal Throne on Steam, boo... I may be fighting an uphill battle without the expansion.

I've played PoE, I like it but I wanted something a bit more casual and somewhat familiar.

I've never heard of Grim Dawn.

Window 8.1 64 bit here, just re-installed from steam, both Titan Quest, and Immortal Throne run fine, sound also seems ok.

Grim Dawn is made by the same developers that made Titan Quest. It also uses a modified version of the Titan Quest engine I believe.

Wow, that's news to me. Great news at that!

Seconded on Grim Dawn- really enjoying it. It's willing and able to hit you with a huge wave of baddies, but also does boss units that must be respected. And the classes (and dual class types) are pretty varied and still improving.

Back