Titan Quest 10 Year Anniversary Edition Sale has ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, definitely got carpal tunnel while playing this game and really enjoyed it although it doesn't have the grindy online repetitiveness of Diablo games which is a shame. Still a lot of fun and worth at least a few play throughs of all the difficulties. The graphics hold up pretty well and scale with resolution even today. A testament to how well top down isometric hack and slash games do in general.

Man this game is great. Still have my original CDs somewhere but picked this up to have it on Steam. Anyone that hasn't played this before shouldn't hesitate to pick it up IMO.

Performance improved, bugs fixed, balance tweaked, GameSpy removed, Immortal Throne included (it is now one standalone game).

Here's the full patch notes that are way too long to copy and paste here. They did a LOT.

Last edited:
This is one of the few games I have ever completed multiple times. I guess its time to lose a lot more hours on it again...

Did this company ever make any other games that were really good? Not even necessarily ARPGs? But include those if they did.

If you didn't already own the game, you should get this NOW. Even if you think you don't like Diablo style top-down click-n-loot games - spend the $5 and force yourself to spend 30 minutes playing the game. You WILL be hooked and you WILL enjoy yourself - immensely!

Before Titan Quest came out in 2008 you never would have caught me playing a game of this type. I downloaded the demo on a whim because back then the game was a source of fantastic eye candy to show off your GPU. I just sort of started playing the check out the graphics and WHAM, hooked! The game is exceptionally easy to get into, yet the complexity of your characters and abilities is endless.

Solo the game is a fantastic time eater... but MULTIPLAYER? Holy SHIT. Even with just two people it adds a whole other dynamic. Bigger monsters, different monsters, better loot, and loads of fun. There's also a really cool trading dynamic you can build up because someone else always has some piece of loot you need and can trade for.

Agreed. Diablo 3 had some good ideas, some very bad ones too. The game was poorly executed and suffered from an identity crisis.
Truth here folks. Grim dawn is fucking awesome and IMO out diablo's D3 especially in the soundtrack.

I'm currently playing it and am having a really hard time getting into it. The music & atmosphere are good I agree. But the dynamics and character builds of the game are pretty boring imo. Just makes me want to play Titan Quest to be honest. I do however find the story intriguing.

If you guys want an updated ARPG. and the game Diablo 3 should have been try "Path of Exile". It's 100% free, updated constantly, and the best action RPG I've ever played. Yes better than D2 and Titan Quest (which are my other two favs)

I can't recommend Path of Exile high enough. This is my favorite Genre of game and Titan Quest was my previous favorite, but as good as it is, it is outclassed by Path of Exile.

Diablo 3 stunk.

If you guys want an updated ARPG. and the game Diablo 3 should have been try "Path of Exile". It's 100% free, updated constantly, and the best action RPG I've ever played. Yes better than D2 and Titan Quest (which are my other two favs)

I can't recommend Path of Exile high enough. This is my favorite Genre of game and Titan Quest was my previous favorite, but as good as it is, it is outclassed by Path of Exile.

Diablo 3 stunk.

Indeed. Played it. Beat it.

I actually enjoy Diablo 3 in its recent incarnations (ie Reaper of Souls Expansion included/present, NO GODDAMN AUCTION HOUSE/Real Money Garbage, Adventure mode, Seasons, the story, mostly account-not-character-locked-achievements/items). That said, TitanQuest Anniversary is a great buy. I enjoyed the original and it looks like the update is well worth the cheap, $5 investment. Furthermore, that they (on Steam anyway...not sure about GOG?) granted users who owned the original a FREE anniversary edition copy, is even better!

When it comes to other slash-and-loot RPGs here are a few other worthwhile ones... IMPORTANT: Steam and perhaps other stores sell both "Best versions/GOTY/All Included/Remade" of a game alongside the "older, original" versions ; there isn't always a link stating "There is a newer, cheaper, better value version of this"! So keep aware! I'll be listing Steam links for these titles but many are also on GOG if you prefer them, and the Humble Store often grants keys for Steam/GOG as well as a direct download if avaiilable. Of course, reseller sites like GreenManGaming can sometimes get you great deals too.

Torchlight 2 - Torchlight II on Steam - If you aren't absolutely insistant on your isometric slasher being GRIMDARK, then Torchlight 2 is a fantastic title in the genre. Its predecessor the original Torchlight is also a worthwhile play, but the sequel expands in every way and has some unique features such as a companion pet that levels alongside you and much more.
Path of Exile - Path of Exile on Steam - As mentioned above, this is one of the "Could have been Diablo 3" style titles and overall seems to be very well made, frequently updated and granted new expansion packs. It is Free to Play and this is my only main complaint. I backed the title during its Closed Beta days and have a neat little Kiwi pet if I recall, but I noticed at the time it offered a wide variety of FeeToPlay style monetization packs. Some of these packs were $500+ if I recall and were necesasry to unlock the "fanciest" versions of the Kiwi pet, armor, effects, player portraits etc. After launch this still persisted, with plenty of microtransactions plus new $50 - $500 packs (there is one there now) that are themed in line with each expansion. The game itself is well made and updated , but I have to admit the monetization turns me off. I know, none of it is so-called "required" to play, but I want to play an isometric slash-and-loot title to unlock lots of neat customizations for my account and characters; Having some of them gated behind sale only, especially time limited sale only elements, ruins the experience for me. I'd much rather pay a reasonable amount for every expansion pack and have a chance to unlock everything in game.
Grim Dawn - Grim Dawn on Steam - Recently out of early access, this is another dark, Diablo inspired title. I've not spent a ton of time with it yet but so far it seems to be enjoyable and well made. It doesn;t have some of the things (like guild hideouts/housing) that Path of Exile does, but it is of course a much newer title. Lots of good features here which I am sure will grow and tweak over time; certainly on my backlog. Thankfully, this is a more traditional buy-to-play title with occasional content-based DLC so everything is able to be earned in game. Well worth a look! Note: if you subscribe to the Humble Monthly or wish to do so, Grim Dawn will be one of the October Humble Monthly titles. You can unlock it NOW by paying for your Humble Monthly subscription early (they do this every month with one game from the next month's lineup). This is a great deal as Humble Monthly costs maximum $12 and gives you at least 1 game that usually costs well in excess of $20 at the time, plus around 5-8 others! Here's some info on it Humble Monthly Bundle
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut on Steam - This is a compilation/remaster of all 3 Van Helsing games + their DLC, giving the complete experience! It was included in last month's Humble Monthly and is on my backlog. Looks interesting and is heavy on story and replayability, from what I've been told. Give it a look!

Its great to see Titan Quest revamped and upgraded after all these years; its a fantastic title in its genre. Enjoy!

Diablo 3 stunk.

Thanks for this, I'll try to remember to give this one a shot as soon as I finish replaying TQ, and then after I finish Grim Dawn. :D

Thanks, bought it! I played the Titan Quest demo a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. Been meaning to get the full game , and this was the perfect way to do it.

And if you're looking for Grim Dawn, it's currently the "Pay early" game for the Humble Monthly bundle on humblebundle, so it's only $12 and you get some other games, too.

I'm not sure why people keep comparing these games to Diablo 3. Diablo 3 is a similar concept but I don't think it's very similar. In D3 it's all about the gear, nothing else is has any progression (you can't upgrade a skill without using gear) while Path of Exile has the seemingly extensive skill tree, which is just an illusion since it does actually force you to go a certain path but it's more complex than Diablo 3. Titan Quest is fun but again, it is more focused on skill progression. The main appeal of Diablo 3 is it's super easy to play by yourself, gear up and actually feel like you can play the highest difficulties. Path of Exile, Titan Quest and Grim Dawn all require much more thought put into your build otherwise you will be re-spawning a lot.

I'm not sure why people keep comparing these games to Diablo 3. Diablo 3 is a similar concept but I don't think it's very similar. In D3 it's all about the gear, nothing else is has any progression (you can't upgrade a skill without using gear) while Path of Exile has the seemingly extensive skill tree, which is just an illusion since it does actually force you to go a certain path but it's more complex than Diablo 3. Titan Quest is fun but again, it is more focused on skill progression. The main appeal of Diablo 3 is it's super easy to play by yourself, gear up and actually feel like you can play the highest difficulties. Path of Exile, Titan Quest and Grim Dawn all require much more thought put into your build otherwise you will be re-spawning a lot.
Because the Diablo series is considered to be the action RPG that started the genre. Diablo 1 fantastic at the time. Dark, gritty. Diablo 2 an epic game that still holds up today. Dark, gritty. Diablo 3 was a stinker made out of colorful carton where every weapon and build felt similar and the DPS number was the only thing that mattered. They killed the carrot of looking for unique loot that played differently outside of DPS numbers. Titan Quest and Path of Exile were more true to the base Diablo 2 players than Diablo 3 was. Path of Exile has perfected the genre IMO.

I'm going to pick this and the humble monthly deal for Grim Dawn.

+1 for Torchlight 2. The game is a lot of fun to play with tons of mods available that keeps it fresh and challenging.

Thanks OP! It's not really my type of game (I love turned-based strategy) Played a few hours last night & it's a little gem. For $5.00 thought I would buy it.

Thanks OP! It's not really my type of game (I love turned-based strategy) Played a few hours last night & it's a little gem. For $5.00 thought I would buy it.

If you like turn based strategy try heroes of might and magic 2 and heroes of might and magic 3. Don't waste your time with newer games in the series - they stink.
The old ones are perfect and hold up exceptionally
Heroes of Might and Magic® 2: Gold on GOG.com
Heroes of Might and Magic® 3: Complete on GOG.com

If you like turn based strategy try heroes of might and magic 2 and heroes of might and magic 3. Don't waste your time with newer games in the series - they stink.
The old ones are perfect and hold up exceptionally
Heroes of Might and Magic® 2: Gold on GOG.com
Heroes of Might and Magic® 3: Complete on GOG.com

Thanks Archaea. I'm way ahead of you! I'm 50 & my 1st game (aside from Master of Magic) was HoMM1 (DOS version) Love the series with the exception on HoMM 4 & 6 (still own both) Playing the HoMM1 campaign as I write this. I must have played the campaigns with all races @ least 10+ now. Still a gem.

I'm going to pick this and the humble monthly deal for Grim Dawn.

+1 for Torchlight 2. The game is a lot of fun to play with tons of mods available that keeps it fresh and challenging.

I am in the process of finally playing Grim Dawn after picking up during its initial Kickstarter. Not too bad really and Im pretty far into it since I blew most of Labor Day weekend playing.

I've been loving the game in this updated state. The UI @ 1080p looks great. The game plays smooth. I did do something I don't normally do: grabbed a trainer. I am only using it to give my character a little extra $$$ at the start of the game. Not like xxx,xxx,xxx amounts or anything, just a little extra to get a few nice bits of gear towards the early part of the game. Not using god mode or anything to give me extra skill points, etc.

Looks like its 19.99 now.
I played this game through several times. Being able to pick 2 Masteries and combine totally unlike skill sets was pretty fun. The story is pretty solid too. Thanks for reminding me that I own Grim Dawn and still haven't played it. D3 is pretty well done for me, so GD it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back