Titan Cooling

Draconian

Limp Gawd
So a friend of mine got a few titans from a tri-sli setup that was cooled with a Koolance WC kit/Backplate. it appears the system leaked at some point as you can see traces of the coolant dye.

Anyway, he gave me one that he installed the stock cooler back on but was not able to install 100% of the screws. The card posts and will work fine until a load is placed on it and then slowly starts going down hill. One card is dead and the other still has a koolance block on it and he has no way of testing it, yet.

While there is a chance the card is dead I'd still like to give it a shot at trying to reviving the card for lack of better words so i'm looking into going with an after market air cooler or keeping the stock cooler and either way replacing all the thermal pads/paste.

tl;dr any suggestions for aftermarket air coolers for the titan and thermal pads/paste?

Thanks

Honestly, I dunno about aftermarket air.

Or you could go with something like an NZXT Kraken G10 and one of their liquid coolers.
The G10 is compatible with the Titan (and the Titan X, though the MAIN G10 page doesn't say so).

http://support.nzxt.com/hc/en-us/articles/202479944-What-is-the-G10-compatible-with-

It'd cost you somewhere between $100-300, depending on how big you wanted to get with the liquid cooler (you could, conceivably, hook a Water 3.0 Ultimate (360mm AIO) up to the thing).

Last edited by a moderator:
Prolimatech MK-26 seems to be a good bet, if you're gonna go the air cooling route.

The Kraken is a good idea, I forgot about that. Well I finally plugged it into my system and well, it works. I played fallout 4 on ultra @1080p for about 2 hours. Temp never went above 80C and no issues thus far. So I guess I lucked out. Was going to buy a 390X or something but I'll hold on to this until next year and see what comes out from AMD/Nvidia. Maybe i'll even do a full waterblock and go with the swiftech H-220 or something.

The Kraken is a good idea, I forgot about that. Well I finally plugged it into my system and well, it works. I played fallout 4 on ultra @1080p for about 2 hours. Temp never went above 80C and no issues thus far. So I guess I lucked out. Was going to buy a 390X or something but I'll hold on to this until next year and see what comes out from AMD/Nvidia. Maybe i'll even do a full waterblock and go with the swiftech H-220 or something.

Luck was on your side. Nice grab.

Back