Tired of Siri already? Evi is Waiting in the Wings.

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you are an iPhone owner who is tired of Siri or an Android owner wanting to get in on the personal assistant goodness, you are both are in luck. Meet Evi, the competition to Siri made for both iPhone and Android smartphones. The App is $.99 from iTunes and free from the Android store, but be warned that the App is extremely popular and the servers are getting hammered, so response time is lagging.

heh, Evi's been down since it launched. I've gotten it to respond a few times, but it can take a while (up to a few mins) to get an answer.

While I wish it was able to do some of the things that Siri could (schedule calander appointments and such) it's still better than nothing. I hope it's better than Vlingo once they figure out the server load issues. The interface is a lot nicer IMO

and apple allowed this into its app store?

they did because EVI sucked so much. It currently has less than 2 stars rating and people screaming for their 99C refund. lol. So pretty much apple let this get out just to show how good the SIRI is.

I think they should make the voices changeable to male, like a James version so it can sound like James Earl Jones, or a Farnsworth, so you could ask a question and have Professor Farnsworth answer in his voice.....:D

I think they should make the voices changeable to male, like a James version so it can sound like James Earl Jones, or a Farnsworth, so you could ask a question and have Professor Farnsworth answer in his voice.....:D

Why not Randall the honey badger guy?

I like how they ripped off Apple's marketing wholesale for their copycat product.

Nuance Dragon Go has been around for a while (first on iOS, and more recently android) and is also free on both

What i just tried:

"where can I get a rum and coke"

"I don't know where you can get a rum and coke but the local video store is .... "

Needs work.

I asked Evi "where are the hot girls at?"
She thought I said this "Where are the hookers asses"
ummmmm close enough I guess lol

I asked Evi to sing me a song and this is what she said
"I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves. I know a song that'll get your nerves all day long.."

I asked:
where can i get a rum and coke
answered:
i dont know which stores stock rum and coke, but good records is the film shop near your current location.

lol, definitely needs work

Where can i get a rum and coke is a pretty open ended question. I downloaded it for my HTC inspire this morning and it works pretty well-- a lot better than the other Siri wannabe apps I've downloaded in the past.

I misread this and only clicked through the video because I was sure the headline said: "Evil is waiting in the wings". What a let down.

To stay on topic: I will have to pass on this kind of technology.

I use Siri to send text messages when driving daily. Sometimes ask her other stuff too.

She is indeed useful - for me most useful for texting while driving. Though to make her work the best you need to add punctuation to all your sentences, otherwise it will prove to be frustrating.

My Epic already has speech to text built in. I don't need this crap cluttering up my phone.

Back