Tired of F-tards in multiplayer games

moetop

[H]ard|Gawd
Newbs are one thing and are not included in this topic. (they are just learning and are not doing stupid things purposefully)

I have seen a lot of posts lately about general A-holes that have always been there, but seem to be more prevalent lately. I attached a poll to this post, as one possible solution, but I don’t think it is necessarily the best solution or a solution at all.

Here is a proposed solution. Have servers that are restricted by age. If you could do this what age would think the cutoff should be?

While I don’t want to limit it by type of format, doesn’t Xbox 360 have you put in your age or birthday to keep track of it for content?

Is there a better / any solution? Please keep on topic

Maturity is not always the same as age. I've met alot of 20+ year old people less mature than some 13 year old kids i know. That is called discrimination on age, and should not make it so they cannot play a game.

Seanmounce said:
Maturity is not always the same as age. I've met alot of 20+ year old people less mature than some 13 year old kids i know. That is called discrimination on age, and should not make it so they cannot play a game.

I tend to agree with this comment. While its not always the case, I have definately witnessed this before.

I am curious what exactly is your definition of an "F-tard"?

Usually there are morons running around in most multiplayer games, but you can always join another server, switch teams, or just avoid them by changing your play style.

WHOLE-FUCKING-HEARTEDLY-AGREE!!

age MUST be factored in. I've been cranking about it long enough, GIVE IT!

There's no age limit on being a F-tard, so that really doesn't solve your problem.

I think they should make them harder and more realistic, that would get rid of most of the stupid and impatient players.

I was playing on a garry's mod server and it came up with a little popup asking age something like this.
1. 10-13
2. 13-16
3. 16-19
4. 20+

I chose 20+ because im 23 and it banned me because it said I was an old fart. :eek:

S0m30n3 said:
I was playing on a garry's mod server and it came up with a little popup asking age something like this.
1. 10-13
2. 13-16
3. 16-19
4. 20+

I chose 20+ because im 23 and it banned me because it said I was an old fart. :eek:

rofl thats awesome.

Age does not determine your maturity level, however there are more immature people from 10-16 then 18-24 Same as auto insurance, just cause im 20yo male in a 2006 car does not mean i will wreck my car, but more 20yo males do than 35yo females. So i get viewed as an avg 20yo.

World of Warcraft is full of them, :) F-Tards that is or being nice just call em SmackTards :)

I'm more interested in the derivation of the term "fuck-tard". Seems a bit, well, Utterly Stupid to me. No offence to the OP, not like you created it, but ironically the term "fuck-tard", a pairing of two apparently entirely irrelevant words, seems massively immature to me, in much the same fashion as conventional playground insults.

Wally said:
I'm more interested in the derivation of the term "fuck-tard". Seems a bit, well, Utterly Stupid to me. No offence to the OP, not like you created it, but ironically the term "fuck-tard", a pairing of two apparently entirely irrelevant words, seems massively immature to me, in much the same fashion as conventional playground insults.

Instead of people saying "Your a fucking retard" you get "You fucktard". The internet is where people invent new words. :p

Oh and bad grammar. See above. :D

S0m30n3 said:
Instead of people saying "Your a fucking retard" you get "You fucktard". The internet is where people invent new words. :p

Fair enough, but my point about the irony still remains...
:p

S0m30n3 said:
Instead of people saying "You're a fucking retard" you get "You fucktard". The internet is where people invent new words. :p

fixed :D

I've met quite a fe F-tards in BF2. I think a possibly solution would be to have accountability that continues to other rounds. Make it so that after you have played for so many hours, like 10 or so game hours, an accountability system comes into play. For instance if you continually teamkill or destroy vehicles these stats carry over. Then you could have servers out there and sort them by this score. So if you have people who obviously are just there to piss people off it gets old for them. You could also limit new players to seperate severs so that f-tards don't keep signing up for new accounts to get past the system. You could make teamkill artillery have a different value because that just happens in bf2.
I think the whole key is that the net is anonymous and that leads people to act stupid. Take away that and you'll get people acting more like they do in real life. If you make the game not fun anymore for these people they won't play and it would be better for us.

play single player game in between

give you time to relax and enjoy..also , find a crew of friend or a clan to play with...

Holy crap. :)

First - I thought I abandoned this post. (Did not hit submit), so it is half baked. (Hence no Poll as mentioned.. :( )

Second - It should have been E-tard which is still a little off for who I was trying to refer to.

Third - There was a reason I was abandoning it. I thought it was not a very good subject.

I don’t have time to search for a good server. I just want to load the game and play. If there was some way to flag servers that did not have these fools on them then it would make this whole process better.

Maybe this thought.. Create an in game peer to peer player ranking system. 1-100 (100 being the best) If your under a certain rank you are not able to rank other players. The servers would be able to allow people of rank X+ into the server.. i.e. You set the rank to 60 on the server and players ranked 60 or more would be allowed on the server. This way you can build filters on your server lists, and it gives them an incentive to behave. It would also be nice to see average rank of people on the server. i.e. it's a 60 ranked server, but everyone is above, so the average rank of players on the server is actually 78 as an example.

Wally said:

Your right it is immature, and in the end, this post was a mistake, and not a finished thought. I probably would have changed the title. In reality I wanted to type E-tard, but that is no less immature, and I probably would have also removed it before I hit submit.

One thing though is, these terms are frequently used to describe or label the players I am talking about, so weather or not it is immature or you like or dislike them they are common uses for the words and no reason to go OT or point out something that has no bearing on the question.

moetop said:
Holy crap. :)

First - I thought I abandoned this post. (Did not hit submit), so it is half baked. (Hence no Poll as mentioned.. :( )

Second - It should have been E-tard which is still a little off for who I was trying to refer to.

Third - There was a reason I was abandoning it. I thought it was not a very good subject.

I don’t have time to search for a good server. I just want to load the game and play. If there was some way to flag servers that did not have these fools on them then it would make this whole process better.

Maybe this thought.. Create an in game peer to peer player ranking system. 1-100 (100 being the best) If your under a certain rank you are not able to rank other players. The servers would be able to allow people of rank X+ into the server.. i.e. You set the rank to 60 on the server and players ranked 60 or more would be allowed on the server. This way you can build filters on your server lists, and it gives them an incentive to behave. It would also be nice to see average rank of people on the server. i.e. it's a 60 ranked server, but everyone is above, so the average rank of players on the server is actually 78 as an example.
That just caters to people who play the game more, as do 99% of all attempts to rank people.

dotK said:
That just caters to people who play the game more, as do 99% of all attempts to rank people.

How is that? Maybe I didn’t explain it well. Let's not call it a rank let's call it a player likeability score. Your "player likeability score" is only determined by people scoring you, not how long you play. So let's say you start a game with a neutral "player likeability score" (i.e. 60) and you don’t have anybody score you, you still have a "player likeability score" of 60. Then someone then gives you a score of 80 giving you a new "player likeability score" of 70 (60+80)/2. It would be the average of all the rankings you have received. Someone could have played the game for 6 months, but TK's for vehicles. His in game rank could be high, but his "player likeability score" would probably be low (i.e. 50), not allowing him to play on servers with a rank of 51 or higher. I think I did not represent the average idea very well. If it was not based on an average it would certainly cater to the people who play longer.

S0m30n3 said:
1. 10-13
2. 13-16
3. 16-19
4. 20+

Makes ya feel old, eh?

I get a lot of griefers and dick wads in Warcraft 3 TFT. They should limit the amount of accounts you can have and give folks a ban list they can maintain themselves.

I do agree, there are tons of annoying and rude people in many MMO games. WoW contains the biggest population of them IMO. The way I see it, the reason why they are so rude online is because in reality, they always have to listen and be told what to do by older people. In a virtual world where you can control what you want to do, what you can say, and how you act, most of these kids are going to take advantage of it.

That is also why most kids are always eager to level and get the most "uber" leet EQ. This is because in reality, they have no money and have to ask mom and pop to buy a piece of candy.

I am not sure about having a server restricted by age because there are also adults who share the same mindset as these kids we are speaking of. Instead, they need to have admins who are part of the community and can make fair judgement regarding people who are rude in game.

moetop said:
How is that? Maybe I didn’t explain it well. Let's not call it a rank let's call it a player likeability score. Your "player likeability score" is only determined by people scoring you, not how long you play. So let's say you start a game with a neutral "player likeability score" (i.e. 60) and you don’t have anybody score you, you still have a "player likeability score" of 60. Then someone then gives you a score of 80 giving you a new "player likeability score" of 70 (60+80)/2. It would be the average of all the rankings you have received. Someone could have played the game for 6 months, but TK's for vehicles. His in game rank could be high, but his "player likeability score" would probably be low (i.e. 50), not allowing him to play on servers with a rank of 51 or higher. I think I did not represent the average idea very well. If it was not based on an average it would certainly cater to the people who play longer.

I like your idea in "theory". I dont think it will work, you will have a pack of F tards, or a pile of shit as I like to call it, they will just rank themselves up and put anyone down that tries to challange thier supereme fucktardness.

Reading this post reminded me exactly why I stopped playing Halo 2. E-Tards are not only annoying but they are the ones cheating all the time too. The only way that they can be avoided is if the sever your on is monitored closely or if the host of a room on live is smart enoungh to do something about it.

I only play with people I know. Sure other people join up, but at the first sign of them doing something that would classify them as a F-Tard, they get a warning and then after that, they get the boot.

The result is a clean server with no profanity, racism, filth, etc and some good gameplaying.

I thought that when Counterstrike Source came out, it couldn't get any worse than that, but then BF2 came along and set the bar for F-Tardness even higher. I miss the old days of SOF2 when there was some type of honor and behavioral expectations in the community.

Met-AL said:
I miss the old days of SOF2 when there was some type of honor and behavioral expectations in the community.
You know it still holds a good amount of "honor" to this day. I and other admins set a good example and influence (sometimes through plants, and kicking :p ) to these guys who act up. Everyone seems to catch on the purpose of having a great time and increasing your skill as opposed to talking crap, complaining about deaths and just being immature about the whole thing. There are tons of "oldies" from the demo time making a come back and the wall hacks and aim bots have really toned down because of the amount of us admins keeping an eye out as well as spectators. You should pick it back up Met-AL, it's still an awesome game, there's a ton of players and great servers.

Seanmounce said:

As cute, and PR as that sounds. Bullshit. I DO NOT want to play on a server full of 0-15 year old idiots.

I especially don't want to hear their annoying voices.

Actually, I would rather play with the 12 year olds than play on these type 2 curse words and you're banned servers.

Seriously--- welcome to real life. Not only real-life, welcome to a WAR GAME.

itsmikey said:
A

Actually, I would rather play with the 12 year olds than play on these type 2 curse words and you're banned servers.

Second that. I was actually having a good time awhile back with BF2 in a nice stable server. I said asswad ONCE and it permabanned me instantly. I fucking hate admin people sometimes....

You ever play a game as the bad guy and its fun.

Its even more fun to play the bad guy in multi player games. :D

bigbadgreen said:
I've met quite a fe F-tards in BF2. I think a possibly solution would be to have accountability that continues to other rounds. Make it so that after you have played for so many hours, like 10 or so game hours, an accountability system comes into play. For instance if you continually teamkill or destroy vehicles these stats carry over. Then you could have servers out there and sort them by this score. So if you have people who obviously are just there to piss people off it gets old for them. You could also limit new players to seperate severs so that f-tards don't keep signing up for new accounts to get past the system. You could make teamkill artillery have a different value because that just happens in bf2.
I think the whole key is that the net is anonymous and that leads people to act stupid. Take away that and you'll get people acting more like they do in real life. If you make the game not fun anymore for these people they won't play and it would be better for us.

Good therory, but it wouldnt work well because it would also eliminate lots of normal people who TK by accident, especially on servers where frendly fire is off, and you have your morons walking into your clearly marked claymores, or driving over your clearly marked anti tank mines.

I used to be against age discrimination when I was 16..
"Just because you are older doesn't make you better"

But since I am much older now.. I don't give a damn.
Any limitations will not have an effect on me :D

Sad but true.

Back