Tips and Ideas For Buying a Gaming/Content Creation Laptop

JC724

Weaksauce
Looking to buy a new laptop. The last one I bought was 4.5 years ago. I learned a lot back then and got a great gaming laptop for $2500. I want a new one now though. And I have honestly forgotten a lot that I learned.

What I would like (not sure if this is possible with my budget):

-6 cores (this should help with rendering), Open to any quality CPU

-Dual Storage 512 SSD and 1 TB HDD

-Open to any quality GPU but would like at least 6 gigs of DDR6 RAM on the video card

- 17-inch monitor size

Alienware and Asus have been cool brands that I liked in the past. But again I am open here.

My premier focus will be gaming and content creation.

For gaming I mostly play

Tekken 7

Mortal Kombat 11

Apex Legends

Overwatch

Dead By Daylight

Total War Warhammer 2

Civilization 6

For Content creation, the software I use is

OBS (video recording)

Da’Vinici Resolve (video and audio creation)

OpenShot (video creation)

Adobe Premiere Elements (video, photo/thumbnail and audio creation)

Audacity (Audio creation)

My PC struggles with the rendering of Premiere and Resolve in some cases.

Adobe Spark (photo/thumbnail creation)

Adobe Phobia (photo/thumbnail creation)

The games I create Content for are fighting games mostly.

My budget is around 2800 (including taxes).

I'm no laptop expert, so I'll leave that to my betters to make a recommendation.

I do have a question though. Why a laptop? Some of the stuff on your list is pretty heavy as far as utilization, and perhaps more importantly some of the content creation portions would likely be much easier to accomplish using larger or multiple displays like those offered on a desktop. With your budget, you can get a great laptop I'm sure. But you could also get a *magnificent* desktop with money left over for a lighter duty laptop as well if you have on-the-go needs. So I was just curious as to the reasoning.

I'm no laptop expert, so I'll leave that to my betters to make a recommendation.

I do have a question though. Why a laptop? Some of the stuff on your list is pretty heavy as far as utilization, and perhaps more importantly some of the content creation portions would likely be much easier to accomplish using larger or multiple displays like those offered on a desktop. With your budget, you can get a great laptop I'm sure. But you could also get a *magnificent* desktop with money left over for a lighter duty laptop as well if you have on-the-go needs. So I was just curious as to the reasoning.
wants to be a mobile youtuber/twitcher

Back