Tip: Just close your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptorxrx

Limp Gawd
If you are ready to close your FS/FT/WTB thread, just edit the main post, and close the thread. There is no need to put a separate reply in the thread.

That way, you don't put a dead thread as the first post on the first page, on top of open threads.

I agree with this 100%. As it is just as easy to edit the first post as sold and to who bought it. Then close the thread and let it die. But for some reason they always do it like you mentioned. Reply back that it is sold and then lock it. Perhaps they are happy they sold it and wanted to share it with all the readers. Maybe when the whole first page fills up with sold and locked threads they will get it. But you still have people also listing items they sold 10 years ago in a thread though. So with any forum there is always something going on.

Yeah, this annoys me as well. I hate it when people bump a thread, lock it them immediately make a new one so they have two threads cluttering up the page with one locked.

Or....

Lock a thread. Created another thread with the same stuff. Just change the title a little. All within a day and a half.

Or....

Lock a thread. Created another thread with the same stuff. Just change the title a little. All within a day and a half.

I believe your referring to me. I figured it would be more efficient to make a new thread instead of having a mod change the title. I didn't circumvent the 6 hour bump rule, and as far as I know, I didn't break any others. If this is rude or frowned upon, I didn't know and will stop. As you can see through my history, I have only done this twice.

I believe your referring to me. I figured it would be more efficient to make a new thread instead of having a mod change the title. I didn't circumvent the 6 hour bump rule, and as far as I know, I didn't break any others. If this is rude or frowned upon, I didn't know and will stop. As you can see through my history, I have only done this twice.

I don't have any issue with what you did but all the mods have always been rather nice about renaming threads on my behalf.

Not referring to you at all. And I have read several of your threads.

Or....

I seem to remember reading one of the mods stating this was a perfectly valid way to "change" your thread title just as long as you only had the 1 active thread.

I seem to remember reading one of the mods stating this was a perfectly valid way to "change" your thread title just as long as you only had the 1 active thread.

Can't argue with that then.

If you create a new thread with little changes within 6 hours of your last bump, you might get an infraction. The mods consider that circumventing the 6 hour bump rule. It's what I was told.

If you create a new thread with little changes within 6 hours of your last bump, you might get an infraction. The mods consider that circumventing the 6 hour bump rule. It's what I was told.

This is correct.....it is much preferred that you request a title change, however if you do start new thread, you must wait 6 hours from the time you last bumped the original thread....

... But you still have people also listing items they sold 10 years ago in a thread though. So with any forum there is always something going on.
This is fairly annoying. I don't want to see ancient items listed just to draw the search. Put a link to your previous sale threads or something instead.

I don't have any issue with what you did but all the mods have always been rather nice about renaming threads on my behalf.

I don't bother them to change it. Why make more work for them than they already have. I just wait till it's well off the 1st page, lock it then make a new one.

I don't know, I too find it irritating the habit of creating a new thread with nothing new and few changes while locking the virtually identical old one, even if it is all right by the 6 hour rule.

It's like when on C*****list people spam the same thing over and over again just days apart. Maybe instead of 6 hours, in this special case it should be 12 or 24.

Why do people insist on bumping a thread, only to CLOSE IT! FFS, I don't get it, just lock the damn thing and leave it off the 1st page.

IMHO, there should NEVER be a locked thread on the 1st page unless the mods do it. Sadly, it still happens often.

The sad thing is now after the "Bumping threads when an item sells" was posted. I now see more doing it then I did before hand. But at least they tried to help solve it.

He's referring to me since I linked him to this thread. ;)

I keep this in my favorite threads and link it to people as a reminder.

It's a shame they removed the rule against doing this. Seems like people still do this WAY too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back