Tip: Ask if merchandise is from smoke-free environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTN107

Supreme [H]ardness
Here is a tip to some buyers. You should always ask if the merchandise is from a smoke-free environment.

I bought an Xbox360 and the seller never stated it was from a smoke-free environment and I fail to ask so.

It smells so bad no one wants to be in the same room with it. After a year it still stinks :(.

Yep, thats good advice. I swear I'm like a bloodhound smelling smoke. I can smell it from a mile away it seems. And the smell never goes away.

Here is a tip to some buyers. You should always ask if the merchandise is from a smoke-free environment.

I bought an Xbox360 and the seller never stated it was from a smoke-free environment and I fail to ask so.

It smells so bad no one wants to be in the same room with it. After a year it still stinks :(.

that's funny...but good point

Any time I buy something that has a fan in it I will ask if it's been smoked around. Power supplies, heatsync/fans, coolers, consoles, etc. are nearly impossible to completely defunk.

If you feel comfortable ripping apart the 360 and going over EVERYTHING with an alcohol soaked cloth you will at least get to the point where it doesn't stink up the entire room.

and this is why even as a smoker I NEVER EVER smoke inside. Plus smoking inside is disgusting

Ozone it.

i de-smoked smelled my entire house i purchased using an Ozone machine.

for you , you'd put the xbox in a box sideways and then place the ozone machine facing into the box and concentrate the ozone in the box for a few hours.

ofcourse you have to clean it really well first (smoke clinging to dust won't ozone off as well)..

They are really cheap to rent from like a lowes or home depot. the one i rented and did my entire house looks like This (i rented it for a week, and did 8 hours / room and 24 hours / bigroom)

I dont know how people smoke in homes they live in. Completely ruins everything in the home, not to mention, you know, your bodies and anyone else who lives there.

+1 for an ozone generator. Just make sure you are not in the house/room too much (preferably not at all) while it's running because they can fuck up your lungs. Also try to keep out of the house/room for an hour or so after it's been turned off.

ah ya, i bought a ati 5875 from ebay and it was smelly .

the box still smell like smoke if i open it

Yup, smoking is gross. Everything electronic (among other things) is usually disgusting.

Yep, thats good advice. I swear I'm like a bloodhound smelling smoke. I can smell it from a mile away it seems. And the smell never goes away.

I'm smoking right now; can you smell it on my post? :p

+1 on not smoking inside the house.

This is a great point, bought a 120mm fan the other day. Not sure if the guy smoked since I didn't ask but when I ripped open the package the fan was in, it's like the fan was running and blowing all of this smoke out at me. You couldn't see the smoke but the smell was horrible.

Smoke does shorten the life of many things, computer parts too if it's bad enough!

My aunt and my sister and her bf both smoke inside there homes makes a horrible first impression. Turns the paint and everything diffrent colors its generally bad. MY aunts "white" ceiling looks yellow.

Simple issue to solve , Mix 25% alcohol to 75% water ratio and clean product and viola , Good as new. also works as LCD cleaner and Glass cleaner for nearly pennies. Never pay for LCD cleaning products that are inferior again. Alcohol will take off any harsh resins such as THC or Tar from cigarette and other recreational smokers :)

Simple issue to solve , Mix 25% alcohol to 75% water ratio and clean product and viola , Good as new. also works as LCD cleaner and Glass cleaner for nearly pennies. Never pay for LCD cleaning products that are inferior again. Alcohol will take off any harsh resins such as THC or Tar from cigarette and other recreational smokers :)

Does absolutely nothing for smoke smell inside a component.

Ask some long time real estate people.... there's peoples' houses that have such bad stink/yellow smoke stains on the wall that NOT EVEN ONE PAINT COAT WILL COVER THE STINK. Multiple paint coatings just to get rid of it all, so imagine what it does to your lungs for 5+ years.

I saw a vid on youtube.... its a new ad on TV going around, omg, it makes me puke almost and I rarely say that. It shows heart value gooky plaque in a dissected "30 year old" smokers heart, and the doctor pushes out this brown gooze from the main heart valve or something, dude its so fkn gross.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHFybmby7-U

One of the most convincing "don't smoke ads" everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :eek: :eek::eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back