Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spinoff)

I’ve been having a lot of fun with it. The slot unlocks appear to be tied to main story quest progression and not levels. All I recall specifically is the 2nd ring slot doesn’t open until you finish all the main quests.

Just FYI, I can confirm that the .ini tweak to reduce the thickness of the black outlines on various models/objects in BL3 also works in Wonderlands! I copied the steps for BL3 (from a Reddit post) below and just swapped out the game folder:

- Go to C\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini
- Find the line "EdgeDetectionTexelOffset"
- Change the value from the default to 1.3
- Save the file and launch the game

It’s a subtle change and not for everyone but I really prefer it over stock.

Last edited:
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands   3_30_2022 10_04_11 PM.jpg

The Ai in this game is alot better also the enemy variants alot of Random Encounters like Final Fantasy overview map I suppose. I'm level 9 or 10 now I rather play this game than Elden Ring at the moment it doesn't feel like Borderlands 3 at all where you had to Quest and Fetch you still do but the maps are smaller where it doesn't seem like you have to traverse as much as in BL3. The Ai jumps and hides I mean they really jump it's floaty 3-D and everything but it's still an improvement over BL3. The Spells are really fun in this game and the specials on my Spore Warden anyway.
Don't go online and play with Randoms it will mess up your current quests I had to reload a save before I went online cause some of the game saved where I didn't want it too. There are Gold Keys I entered one code but I'm not going to exploit it this time around.

I'm really glad this seems to have taken everything good about TT'sAoDK and turned it up to eleven. It's on the wishlist right now so I can clear some backlog (H:ZD complete!), but I'm really looking forward to this! How's the raytracing / RTX? It is notable (I'll say like Control), or throwaway?

I'll wait until its on Steam, and twenty bucks. Can't stand dealing with launch-month bugs, all for the sake of putting more money/tracking in TenCent's pocket

I'll wait until its on Steam, and twenty bucks. Can't stand dealing with launch-month bugs, all for the sake of putting more money/tracking in TenCent's pocket
I just finished my first run through and can't think of any notable bugs I ran into. These games generally run quite well right out of the box. I needed something to play so I reluctantly jumped on at $60 in the EGS but don't regret it one bit. Obviously would prefer Steam though.

My wife and I are actually enjoying this much more than BL3, art direction / settings are better, story and humor are not as annoying. Glad we got it!
Same here, and agreed on the positive changes! The Tiny Tina expansion for BL2 was my wife and I’s favorite Borderlands content by far, but Wonderlands is on pace to dethrone it.

Just got done with the Bard quest had some dips in the 40s and mid 30s on my 3070 with 1080P but I don't have the latest Nvidia drivers installed one set back. There was a ton of stuff going on the screen at one time.

Last edited:
I've never tried Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, so I'm playing through it first. Then I'll probably pick up Wonderlands. It's still at $47 on CDKeys so I'm hoping it drops some more by the time I get ready to buy it!

Interesting to note that they are flooding the airwaves with commercials for this. Can't say I recall seeing any pervious Borderlands games get that treatment.

Interesting. I generally hate marketing / advertising but admit it can be very effective. It will be interesting to see the sales numbers in a few months.

It's the 1st DLC of 4 parts for the Season Pass which I don't own. I was unsure how many DLCs would be included in the Season Pass.

I don't have the season pass but I'll probably get it. For some reason I'm just having so much fun with this.

I already have two level 40 characters and mayhem level 88 or so, will likely make a third or maybe even a fourth. So far the Spore Warden seems the most OP out of what I've played so far, that mushroom companion just demolishes.

So how big are these expansions supposed to be? 1-2 hour long missions or longer 5-8 hour story DLCs like previous BL games?

I'll play this one eventually but might just wait until all DLC is out. I enjoyed the first game when it came out, but took 3 tries to get into BL2 and 3 to get into Pre-Sequel. BL3 I finished in one go and I enjoyed the Tales of Borderlands game. I'm kind of mixed on the series and am assuming this is generally more of the same?

I don't have the season pass but I'll probably get it. For some reason I'm just having so much fun with this.

I already have two level 40 characters and mayhem level 88 or so, will likely make a third or maybe even a fourth. So far the Spore Warden seems the most OP out of what I've played so far, that mushroom companion just demolishes.

What was the 2nd class you chose for the Spore Warden? I choose the extra Drake for a Pet but not sure if that was the right move I think he lags my game.

Ray Tracing isn't necessary basically you need sunglasses to play this game it's so vibrant. I just got to the Jack and a Beanstalk level I saved just before the Boss area this game is nothing like BL3.

Last edited:
Untitled-1.jpg
Roller Coaster time at one point in this map you have to shoot targets to change the sliding routes. Really like my new Ice Cloud spell going to put points into it and my Mushroom companion can rez me now when I'm down so no need for a Rocket Launcher for 2nd wind. Think I'm level 15 but that took hours on hours.

What was the 2nd class you chose for the Spore Warden? I choose the extra Drake for a Pet but not sure if that was the right move I think he lags my game.

My base character is actually Graveborn and secondary is Spore Warden, I respec'd and put most points in Spore Warden, the two work very well together because of Faithful Thralls which deals bonus damage for each companion you have. Line that up with lots of Hydras and you're doing lots of damage.

My first character was Clawbringer/Spellshot then switched to Clawbringer/Stabbomancer. Really wish I didn't pick Clawbringer first but I just winged it. Claw has to be the weakest.

Next will be Stabomancer/Spellshot or Stabomancer/Brrrzerker.

So how big are these expansions supposed to be? 1-2 hour long missions or longer 5-8 hour story DLCs like previous BL games?

I'll play this one eventually but might just wait until all DLC is out. I enjoyed the first game when it came out, but took 3 tries to get into BL2 and 3 to get into Pre-Sequel. BL3 I finished in one go and I enjoyed the Tales of Borderlands game. I'm kind of mixed on the series and am assuming this is generally more of the same?

I can't comment on the DLC's to come but this one for me at least is definitely the most unique of the series. The fantasy elements, classes you can combine, overworld mechanic, spells, extra RPG elements, etc, all make it feel very different and fresh. It's Borderlands still so similar humor and appearance. For the record the second I beat 3 I was done with it, the second I beat this one I started a new character immediately.

I started as Sporewarden the chose Clawbringer for the extra pet. Good for soloing keeps some adds off you.

I'm pretty sue I haven't got a legendary yet just purples. But I'm low level so its expected.

Just solo’d a chaos level 15 that ended with the Dragon Lord fight. Have any of you been doing any chaos runs?

Edit: Did a few level 20 as well. It's crazy cuz I struggled at level 2/3 with my first character.

Now I'm giving the DLC a go, so far it's pretty eh but considering how quickly it came out I'm fine with it. Trying to figure out how to increase the difficulty on it though.

Last edited:
This looks great, will pick up on sale.

Is it CoOp two player only, or 3 or 4 player CoOp?

I think one of the DLCs is going to be Halloween themed looking forward to that one if it's anything like The Island of Dr. Monreau like from the first Borderlands.

Maybe change the FOV?

Try some ginger capsules, works for vertigo/nausea for me.

The mushroom is a tank, enemies go after it, leave you alone. I've only had to revive it early on, late game it stands up to bosses pretty well. I've found that the legendaries have worse stats than say, the purple's. My go-to's are normally purples. For the guns and spells, anyway. There are some surprising moments of pathos. I think that this takes place before BL2, since it sounds like the narrator is Roland, with the hints he drops about having to be a general & others that I can't remember if the top of my head.

Back