Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spinoff)

Yeah I don't even know. Wonder what happened to that 1vs1 game they promised like 3 years ago.

Last edited:
So is this based off the rpg you kind go through with tina in the one dlc?

Yeah, 'Bunkers and Badasses', the full (standalone) game. Starring Ashly Burch, Andy Samberg, Wanda Sykes, and Will Arnett as the main Bad guy (Dragon King?). If it is as good as Assault on Dragon Keep it will be an incredibly fun and stupid romp. I'm very excited now. The anticipation. Ooh. I always learn so much... from a live dissection. A dissection? No, no no no, that sounds too humane. (Wrong game but fits)

I'm definitely interested but I need to see more about the story & gameplay before I buy it. I'm highly skeptical of anything from Randy Pitchford these days, especially since I'm not going to buy BL3 any time soon.

I'm definitely interested but I need to see more about the story & gameplay before I buy it. I'm highly skeptical of anything from Randy Pitchford these days, especially since I'm not going to buy BL3 any time soon.

Missing out on a good game because of the dude that produced it?

Just wait, 1 day before it releases on steam, it will change to a 1 year epic games store exclusive.
I'll take that bet. As dopey as Pitchford is I don't think 2K goes for another suicide pact with EGS (and EGS won't be offering BL3 money this time either). Not now with the benefit of hindsight and data on how BL3 did on EGS and then on Steam.

Looks fun, played the hell out of BL3 with a friend on coop. BL2 played about half as much. Fun Games...weapons are a blast to try out. Looking forward to it, probably gonna get it on console, as BL3 was a good console experience.

It's totally true. Kinda hilarious considering Tiny Tina Fun Party is no Borderlands, it's not going to have that kind of name-recognition impact in terms of sales.

for me Borderlands fatigue kicked in after Borderlands 2...Pitchford keeps milking this franchise instead of trying to develop any new ip's...Tiny Tina's will do fairly well in terms of sales but each new spinoff etc continues to devalue the franchise

for me Borderlands fatigue kicked in after Borderlands 2...Pitchford keeps milking this franchise instead of trying to develop any new ip's...Tiny Tina's will do fairly well in terms of sales but each new spinoff etc continues to devalue the franchise
You sure about that:

Borderlands 3 has sold 50% more copies than Borderlands 2 in the same five day launch window. Borderlands 3 sold 70% of its copies as digital, inching that metric ever higher for AAA games. Borderlands 3 was the most pre-ordered game in the short history of the Epic store, and 2K's most pre-ordered game ever

I'm mixed on this. Enjoyed BL1. Took me three tries to finish BL2, but ended up thinking it was okay. Hated TPS, but replayed it when Epic game it away with all the DLC and thought it was playable. BL3 I thought was decent. If there is nothing else out I want to play at the moment, I'll play a BL game.

But this? Not really sure what it even is. Hack and slash spin off? I'll give it a try eventually if it looks okay.

If you play the trailer without sound that Baby Metal jive the game looks decent.
I'll just much on my celery sticks hoping to live till March 2021.

So it seems like this is the old DLC modified a bit and released as a standalone game. Worth grabbing for free but I already played the original DLC.

The problem with the Borderlands series they dont take the development characters and story seriously. Borderlands 1 had none of that which made it a cool game.
Hmm I don't know, me checks steam
BL1 played 18.3 hours
BL2 played 667.3 Hours
BL Pre sequel played 168.4 hours
BL3 played 643.1 hours

I know I finished the first game once, and tried a couple more playtroughs, but I never found a good weapon in borderlands 1 and respawn rates are too fast imo (or I'm too bad at the game)

as an example AR rifles in BL1 are or decent in aiming but you are reloading more then shooting or are so inprecise they are not worth using unless at melee range.

To me BL1 always feels like a struggle not a fun game though I can't realy remember the story anymore to be fair.

Now wonderlands is basically a dungeons and dragons campaing in Tiny Tina's mind so story can be as disjointed or serious as they want and should not affect the main borderlands storyline.

I'd argue that each game had decently different types / styles of story and humor. It's not a surprise to like some more than others, but it's important to remember that's entirely opinion. Except for the knowledge that the pre-sequel was the worst ( :ROFLMAO: I keed, I keed). Every one of them had high and low points, but I do generally think the gameplay and overall weapons get better each outing. I'm not a day one purchase, but I'm still looking forward to more Bunkers and Baddasses.

I know I finished the first game once, and tried a couple more playtroughs, but I never found a good weapon in borderlands 1 and respawn rates are too fast imo (or I'm too bad at the game)

as an example AR rifles in BL1 are or decent in aiming but you are reloading more then shooting or are so inprecise they are not worth using unless at melee range.

To me BL1 always feels like a struggle not a fun game though I can't realy remember the story anymore to be fair.
BL1 was great fun. Certain builds exceled, like Mordecai gunslinger build (spec'd for revolvers) or a split revolver/sniper build. Or Lilith + Fire SMG. AR's were underwelming.

Yeah there was no real story, but the desert wasteland exploration with the dramatic ambient music was fun.

Last edited:
Borderlands 1 was great...even B2 was excellent but fatigue started to kick in...the problem is that Gearbox just keeps repeating the same game over and over and over again...not enough changes to the formula...I'm also getting tired of the cell shaded look

I would never buy this game looks like a polished something way too flashy looking doesn't look fun at all.

Back