Time Warner Cable Not Seeking Rebound Romance With Cox

HardOCP News

[H] News
Don't let them try to fool you, everyone knows Time Warner Cable loves Cox.

First there was news that Charter, who was originally rejected in favor of Comcast’s bigger, sexier proposal, was once again standing outside TWC’s window with a boombox over its head. Now come rumors that TWC may be trying to make some merger magic happen with Cox.

oh please, Lord, no! As a Cox customer, I don't want any part of Time f'ing Warner.

TWC, Comcast and Cox already operate as monopolies in their respective territories. I'd hate to see them given even more power.

If you want fast internet where I am in SoCal, TWC is your only option. Uverse only offers 6 MBPS, which doesn't even come close.

I hate what TWC did to Dodgers fans. :mad:

TWC, Comcast and Cox already operate as monopolies in their respective territories. I'd hate to see them given even more power.

If you want fast internet where I am in SoCal, TWC is your only option. Uverse only offers 6 MBPS, which doesn't even come close.

SoCal also includes San Diego County, not just LA county, and Cox is in San Diego as well.

Everyone knows Time Warner Cable loves Cox.

auto_pun_scrubs_cocks_267768.jpg

cox is awful. my uncle pays $50/mo with them for like 15Mbps

SoCal also includes San Diego County, not just LA county, and Cox is in San Diego as well.
I did say "where I am in SoCal." I wasn't including other parts of SoCal, only "where I am."

And TWC doesn't have all of L.A. zipped up, either. 70% of the area isn't served by TWC, hence all those Dodgers fans who couldn't subscribe to TWC to get the games even if they wanted to. TWC is just plain evil for refusing to license Dodger games to other providers out of sheer greed.

The powers that be issue all these little monopoly permits so you, as a resident of a particular part of town, don't have a choice between cable companies.

I cut the tv cord some time ago, but there are other options for someone who wants that type of thing. I know Uverse is available and I see a lot of Directv dishes around here.

But there are no other comparable speed options for internet available. So it's $58/mo. for 50 MBPS with TWC or whatever Uverse charges for their 6 MBPS. I would love to see more competition.

We don't like your kind round here Time Warner <loads shotgun>..... Why don't you go back the way you came <Aims it a Time Warner>

Is Cox the only provider that their customers actually stick up for them? I swear every provider thread seems to turn into a bitch fest, except for Cox ones. Then just about the only bitching seems to be that they want Cox in place of their current provider.

Your uncle probably needs to call customer service because $55 gets you 50Mbps service. I pay $85 for the 150Mbps.

You're right, COX has doubled all internet speeds for every package.. But unless you've contacted COX customer support to get your new DOCSIS 3.0 modem, they're going to keep you on the same package.

http://www.cox.com/residential/special-offers/upgrademyemta.cox

I filled out that form and got my new modem within 2 days by FedEx, contacted customer support to let them know that I got the new modem and to apply the double speeds as promised and went from 25/2.5 to 55/7.5

You're right, COX has doubled all internet speeds for every package.. But unless you've contacted COX customer support to get your new DOCSIS 3.0 modem, they're going to keep you on the same package.

I filled out that form and got my new modem within 2 days by FedEx, contacted customer support to let them know that I got the new modem and to apply the double speeds as promised and went from 25/2.5 to 55/7.5

I have my own DOCSIS 3 modem, which they've verified and pushed the latest firmware to, but apparently my cable plant is not capable of speeds over 12mb. I'm in a large apartment complex in an older part of town. They don't see much need to improve our speeds, they barely fix broken shit. (ask me about my 7 cisco tuning adapters and three cable cards some time!)

I had Cox in Las Vegas and the experience was actually really good. They are very friendly and willing.

Virtually every other ISP I've dealt with sucks.

Generally agree, though if I had to choose one, I'd probably choose Cox. Every market that I look in they have relatively reasonable prices for high bandwidth. TWC is pretty expensive. The only thing they have over Comcast is a lack of caps. Their upload speeds are slower and their rates for 30 Mbps is higher.

Unless Cox gives you a modem for free, buy one. It pays for itself within a year. Renting is for chumps (and I was one of those a few years ago).

In SoCal, Uverse offers 75meg currently on FTTN.

i pay $40/mo for 200/20 in Orange County with TW

usually get somewhere around 130mpbs though. pretty fair i think

Back