Time Warner Cable Must Pay $230K For Robocalling Woman

HardOCP News

[H] News
While I am sure this was extremely annoying, Time Warner Cable (or anyone else for that matter) can call me 153 times for $230,000. :D

That just so happened to be the case for a Texas woman who sued Time Warner Cable for incessant robocalls last year. Now, a federal judge has ruled that the cable company must pay her $1,500 per annoying call (totaling $229,500) for violating consumer protection laws.

Up here in Canada we get Rogers to deal with :(
My mom passed away in 2009, it took till 2013 before they finally stopped calling.
The collection agencies they used were way more professional then them (yes agencies).

Ps. Her bill was around $200, so I imagine they spent quite a bit more then that in the process

Now if only someone would pay me for all the calls I get from robo bitch for "Google+ Listing", "Card Services", "Put a free security system sign in my yard"...

Up here in Canada we get Rogers to deal with :(
My mom passed away in 2009, it took till 2013 before they finally stopped calling.
The collection agencies they used were way more professional then them (yes agencies).
Grandfather died in 1983, I happened to have inherited the house, I still get calls to this day for him. Sometimes I like to make the people feel bad by pretended like I'm upset about his death, of course most of the time I just ignore any number that pops up as "Unknown Number"

So, after attorney fees she'll net about...five grand?

Depends if she paid their hourly fee or had a percentage of lawsuit deal like you see with many injury lawyers. If the later, she'll get half of it easily. The former, yeah depends how long it went on

I wonder...

I've been getting calls for the last three years from a Student Loan service "trying to save me money." I've asked them several times to stop calling me.

Hmm...

Back