Time Travel Mystery of the Day

There is a very simple explanation. Its a crazy old woman. She most likely had a dozen stray cats living with her in some back alley and liked to mumble to herself. The object in her hand was most likely a rock she thought looked like jesus and was thus trying to hear the word of god. The movie producers probably offered her a warm meal as an alternative to paying her. She may have in fact had an old fashioned hearing aid and that would have meant she was well off, but still crazy since she was obviously talking to herself.

So, these losers couldn't rip the disc and use that? they had to point their camera at a TV? Fail.

It's probably just that damn Dr. Sam Beckett messing with the outcome of history again.

maybe she was trying to find her lost cat, using the hearing aid to hear the meows...

you people are do silly... time traveler!?!?! lol... this guy doesn't deserve any attention, he's just trying to sell his stupid videos or whatever :)

I can't believe you people haven't figured it out yet. Microsoft invented a time machine and that's Steve Balmer in drag talking to Bill Gates in the other side just like they do in Stargate.

This isn't so hard to figure out!:D:D:D

I looked this guy up on Google (posted my findings on Youtube aswell).

Yellow Fever distribution (uploader is yellowfeverbelfast), George Clarke.
And wow who could believe it!
He's the - writer, producer, director and fight choreographer of...
"Battle of the Bone"
lol

I looked this guy up on Google (posted my findings on Youtube aswell).

Yellow Fever distribution (uploader is yellowfeverbelfast), George Clarke.
And wow who could believe it!
He's the - writer, producer, director and fight choreographer of...
"Battle of the Bone"
lol

Well done super sleuth, its not like he mentions that in the video or anything.....oh wait.... :rolleyes: :eek:

Notice the position of the sun and the shadows..I think she might be shielding the sun that is close to the horizon.

to be honest, with her hand collapsing slightly at the end (as someone else pointed out), it looks like she's just scratching her head. Haven't any of your scratched your head just above your ear with four fingers before? Sure looks like you might be hiding a cell phone underneath...

Not a time traveler... i'd find it hard to believe time travelers would still use hand held devices, when we have blue tooths in our time.

I agree...but due to the as of yet unknown intricacies of time travel perhaps a larger external device is needed...as we know from the terminator only living material can travel time so perhaps she had to cobble a communicator together with tech that was available at the time...or maybe she is a government agent, (pre OSA? Whatever.), operative with what was at the time very advanced 2 way radio...hmmm.

Not a time traveler... i'd find it hard to believe time travelers would still use hand held devices, when we have blue tooths in our time.

I agree...but due to the as of yet unknown intricacies of time travel perhaps a larger external device is needed...as we know from the terminator only living material can travel time so perhaps she had to cobble a communicator together with tech that was available at the time...or maybe she is a government agent, (pre OSA? Whatever.), operative with what was at the time very advanced 2 way radio...hmmm. Regardless, kudos for the sharp eye. Cute.

Interesting clip that is likely completely simple in reality , hearing aid or just scratching her head. If you could travel in time you wouldn't need a cell phone or be able to use one unless your traveling companion is a Doctor going by the name "Who". If you can over come the power requirement to time travel and deal with the lethal radiation involved ...

If time travel did exist, someone would have messed everything up by now and destroyed the earth. Since that hasn't happened, I conclude that time travel is impossible :p

Its Steve Jobs demonstrating the advantages of iPhone666. He had to disguise himself slightly cause even in 1928 he would have been taken and held for ransom for his boyish good looks.

So what you're saying, Steve, is that you built a time machine from a Delorean?

/saw BTTF for the millionth time this weekend

There is a very simple explanation. Its a crazy old woman. She most likely had a dozen stray cats living with her in some back alley and liked to mumble to herself. The object in her hand was most likely a rock she thought looked like jesus and was thus trying to hear the word of god. The movie producers probably offered her a warm meal as an alternative to paying her. She may have in fact had an old fashioned hearing aid and that would have meant she was well off, but still crazy since she was obviously talking to herself.

Lol, rock shaped like Jesus.

May be Charlie was a prophet and he could for see the future use of mobile devices. Chances are it was just someone with a tooth ache grasping at their face. I mean seriously have you ever had an absessed tooth? It makes you wish you weren't alive.

Also if you look at the close up of her shoes, may be it is the Peguin who has gone back in time to keep batman from being born?

Another simple explanation: It's a woman talking on a cell phone.

This is extra footage added to a DVD box set. Who says it was filmed in 1928?

Some guy found footage from a 1928 Charlie Chaplin movie that shows some lady using what he believes is a cell phone in the background on set. Skip ahead to the 2:40 mark to see the time traveling lady with the cell phone.

I had this tech paper from wayyyy back in the day which was by a guy who thought that radio controlled submarines existed back in the 1800's.

I don't think it's a cell phone. For one, think how cell phones work. Two, if it did work, who would she be talking to? And wouldn't people be looking at her(I did this when headsets for phones were getting big)

For one, you never really see the device. Maybe it's the iPhone 12, who knows.

If she was a time traveller, does that mean we can blame them for how things turned out (in hollywood). Thats why all the movies suck now...
Lets make our own time machine and go back and kill james cameron and micheal bay.

honestly just looks like an old lady shielding her face from the camera because she doesnt want anyone knowing shes in a charlie chaplin movie. the 1920's were a totally different world, especially for woman.

its also probably why you see the cut scene right there where she disapears behind the statue and then re-appears. they stopped filming and reshot that section.

now i want to go to belfast and punch this guy in the face..

ahaha I had to watch that unbearable intro, finally to get the actual clip and FF crashes...

Notice the position of the sun and the shadows..I think she might be shielding the sun that is close to the horizon.

I agree. This is the most basic explanation. Women often covered themselves from the sun back then.

Clearly not a phone. Probably an inter-dimensional walkie-talkie. The proof is in that she is holding up to her ear; as everyone knows any modern time traveler would be texting, I mean could you imagine the roaming charges to 80+ years into the past?

She is clearly a time traveler, who went into the future and caught obesity. It's an epidemic, you know. And by future, I don't mean our time; more like some time between now and whenever Wall-E's time is as she is still ambulatory. Now if she had whizzed by in one of those floating chairs, that would have been sweet.

Look really close. The black image that your mind is pretending to be a cell by by reason of the mere suggestion and modern day conditioning, is just a shadow cast by her hand face. Watch the direction of the shadows, it indicates the direction the light is coming from. When her face turns, the light is no longer obstructed by her hand and the shadow fades. No phone, no time travel.

gg.

If she was a time traveller, does that mean we can blame them for how things turned out (in hollywood). Thats why all the movies suck now...
Lets make our own time machine and go back and kill james cameron and micheal bay.

WIthout James Cameron, we wouldn't have Aliens, the first two Terminator movies, or The Abyss. I think his post-T2 work can be tolerated on the basis of his overall contribution to science fiction movies.

I think he needs to "enhance" the movie. Perhaps Hollywood can help him out, I hear they are good at that.

It was a boom box. A ghetto blaster before there were ghettos.

=)

Back