Time to update my Sm215TW - advice?

riffcho

n00b
My Samsung SM215TW has been serving me very well for 6 years and is still going strong. Good colors ,no dead pixels, minor corner bleeding (only seen if you look for it) which I completely forgot about for 6 years.
This is a home monitor with no professional use, I use it for games, internet, some videos, other software. For the movies I have a 6 year-old Panasonic 42" Plasma which is also still great.

But I have some money burning my pockets and I am tempted to go bigger.
I am between 24" 1920x1200 and 27" 2560x1440. I am hesitant about 27" because it seems quite big for my usual position which is not more than 60-80 cm from the screen. Also, my desk is not so big and definitely can not fit VP2770 on my desk, but PB278Q could be OK.
My new display must not be worse than SM215TW - PWM, colors, coating, lag.
Gloss is no good, I have enough mirrors in the house. Colors you get used to with no comparison but reflection you look at everyday.

Money is not a big issue here, I am usually prepared to pay for quality, to save time, stress and complications.

I am sure there are people that went through the same and will be glad to know experiences and opinions. Thanx.

Back