Time to Take Moore's Law is Dead Nvidia Article Seriously...

I saw a dozen 3080, 3070, and even a few 3090 cards yesterday in Ottawa and the Toronto area. This week was a good week to go get and walk into a store and buy a card

Still waiting for that November inventory deluge here.

Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

how exactly do you define much easier? I’ve been looking an all seem equally difficult.

As in people actually are able to buy them? I haven't seen very many people buying FE cards or something like the EVGA Black card. The EVGA FTW3 seems to be regularly supplied at limited levels.

As in people actually are able to buy them? I haven't seen very many people buying FE cards or something like the EVGA Black card. The EVGA FTW3 seems to be regularly supplied at limited levels.
The all seem difficult to find from here. Just because one model might be marginally easier than another does make his claims accurate. He got the inventory part of his conspiracy theory wrong. Whether it’s because Samsung shortages or just outright wrong, I can’t say but wrong nonetheless

The all seem difficult to find from here. Just because one model might be marginally easier than another does make his claims accurate. He got the inventory part of his conspiracy theory wrong. Whether it’s because Samsung shortages or just outright wrong, I can’t say but wrong nonetheless

it's easier to find because they are making more of them because there are higher margins. It isn't rocket science.

it's easier to find because they are making more of them because there are higher margins. It isn't rocket science.

Do you normally answer something that was never asked?
I think you should reread what I said

MLIDs prediction That the market will be flooded with cards this month is flat out wrong (so far)

MLIDs prediction That the market will be flooded with cards this month is flat out wrong (so far)
And he totally recanted that statement over a month ago.

Just saw this crop up on Twitter back a few weeks ago, to him referring to previous videos. Gotta keep up people. FWIW, all the information I get lines up with his very closely.

It is at the relevant timestamp.

Har har, Nvidia not selling them through their own store is not the same as the card being discontinued, which seems to be what you're trying to imply. It's well known Nvidia's online store was a disaster so they shut it down for the time being.
Like I said, we'll see how long Best Buy keeps selling them. Also, this is far from "well known" because NVIDIA has been selling cards directly through their website for years.

Like I said, we'll see how long Best Buy keeps selling them. Also, this is far from "well known" because NVIDIA has been selling cards directly through their website for years.

I'm sure they'll be listed on BB for the entire run of Turing. I don't think they'll be in stock very often (virtually never).

I saw an open boxed 3080FE yesterday at BB and just walked by like it wasn't worth much to me. I have my two just waiting on 6800 release so I can get a couple of those and finish with upgrading our systems. Tomorrow I get my 5800x for the wife in and my 10850k for my work system.

I was standing in Line at Microcenter to get a Ryzen 9 3900X on 11/5, and they had about 20 RTX 3080 cards available that day and as they passed out Vouchers for the CPU's many were also able to get vouchers for those cards. That was in Paterson, New Jersey. Stock isn't that Abysmal. I already have a RTX 3080 so I passed on it to let someone else in the line take advantage of that. I've also heard a friend of mine say that he got one off at Bestbuy about a week ago. It's not like the cards are nowhere to be found, it's just that demand is Way too high for such a high end card.

It's possible that what Nvidia is facing is whereas Each Generation you'll have like 15,000 people willing to pay over $600 for a GPU, this Generation suddenly there are 100,000 people wanting the card. Based on prior generations they probably forcasted to have 15,000 cards out by Decmenber 25th and they are in an impossible uphill climb due to extremely high demand.

This is far enough off topic now I am closing the thread. We are have enough stock threads already.

I saw a dozen 3080, 3070, and even a few 3090 cards yesterday in Ottawa and the Toronto area. This week was a good week to go get and walk into a store and buy a card

Where in Ottawa?

I spend half my year here,and have not seen any of late. Thanks a lot for the help.

Cards were available early in the week, only sparsely the rest of it.

Ok. Where ? Can you name specific retail locations, located in the Ottawa Gatineau(a upper middle cla$$++++ area,TONS of disposable income here nVIDIA...) region,please. :)

Thank you very much for your assistance Slade. Now, As to MLID,he swore multiple times,in multiple videos we would get 30,000 3090's and 300,000+ 3080's by end of October/Start of November 2020,and a "Boatload of 3070's...." Well,brothers,where the heck are they ?

Last edited:
Ok. Where ? Can you name specific retail locations, located in the Ottawa Gatineau(a upper middle cla$$++++ area,TONS of disposable income here nVIDIA...) region,please. :)

Thank you very much for your assistance Slade. Now, As to MLID,he swore multiple times,in multiple videos we would get 30,000 3090's and 300,000+ 3080's by end of October/Start of November 2020,and a "Boatload of 3070's...." Well,brothers,where the heck are they ?

see this post:

And he totally recanted that statement over a month ago.

Gatineau, DT, Merivale, and Orleans locations all had cards last week. This week is dry. I had no more room on my cc for 3090 FTW3 lol They had 4 up for grabs 2 weekends ago.

Back