Time to Replace my Wireless Mouse

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
You guys tell me what to get!

I am not a "mouse snob" and coming from a Wireless Laser Mouse 6000. This mouse is mostly used for document and video editing work on the PC, but of course it gets a good bit of gaming in as well. When gaming it has always been a bit too narrow. My hand gets tired from "holding my palm up" off the mouse so it does not rest the outside of my hand on the Ratpadz. My hand is fairly wide. I am not in need of a lot of buttons beyond what the 6000 has and I would prefer rechargeable double A batteries.

I have never been a big Razer fan, but I have never used those past the first couple the company introduced. They were always too flat for me to work with.

I look forward to what suggestions you might have. I would like to keep it under $100 but am open to all suggestions. Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've heard good things about the G700 but I'm not sure it's significantly better than my G500.

If you have wide hands, I might suggest the Microsoft SideWinder X8. It's a phat mouse; a bit too wide for me but great for people with big manhands.

Otherwise, G700 all the way (better for me in just about every aspect). The only other wireless mouse I'd consider is the Razer Mamba, but Razer's quality is kind of spotty sometimes.

If you don't need the highest DPI and the most amount of features, check out the Logitech MX 1100, MX Revolution, or Performance Mouse MX. All three are pretty large and designed more for general use and productivity than gaming. If you want a wireless mouse that was built as a gamer's mouse, the G700 and SideWinder X8 are my recommendations.

Last edited:
If you have wide hands, I might suggest the Microsoft SideWinder X8. It's a phat mouse; a bit too wide for me but great for people with big manhands.

Otherwise, G700 all the way (better for me in just about every aspect). The only other wireless mouse I'd consider is the Razer Mamba, but Razer's quality is kind of spotty sometimes.

If you don't need the highest DPI and the most amount of features, check out the Logitech MX 1100, MX Revolution, or Performance Mouse MX. All three are pretty large and designed more for general use and productivity than gaming. If you want a wireless mouse that was built as a gamer's mouse, the G700 and SideWinder X8 are my recommendations.

The Performance MX and G700 are the same shape and IMO is inferior to that of the MX1100 and MX Revolution (in regards to shape only). The PMX and G700 look similar to the other MX mentioned, but the right side of the mouse just drops off and it's actually much more narrow than my MX1100. I too prefer wider mice as I use a palm grip and find it more comfortable when all my fingers are accommodated. I would recommend the MX1100 over the PMX. It's a very comfortable, wireless, with replaceable AAs, and It also has 1600DPI, so gaming on it is acceptable (or at least has been for me). I also tried the X8 and it wasn't bad, but there were some things I couldn't stand. First, the scroll wheel is horrible! I found my finger slipping off the wheel and it took way too much effort to use. Also, even though the mouse is wide, it is a bit flat as there is no height or curve to the mouse which made it uncomfortable IMO. I will say that the charging system of the X8 is the coolest one I've used so far. The cable is magnetic so you just have to get the mouse close and it attaches and starts charging.

Bought the MS MX8 Sidewinder. Did not find one local to try so I ordered it from Amazon. Went with it because of size and had double A batteries that I can replace easily. Hate plugging them in to charge.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've also heard of this mouse Rapoo V8 2.4GHz Wireless Gaming Laser Mouse - 5000DPI with 6 Button . But I've never heard of anyone who's used one and there doesn't seem to be any reviews of it out there.

Back