Time to Get Your Fallout 4 VR Experience On!

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Fallout 4 VR is showing up to mixed reviews on Steam, but if you wanted to know a little bit more about how the gameplay mechanics are actually structured, Bethesda has been nice enough to give us a bit of a walkthrough.

Join Fallout 4 VR's Lead Producer, Andrew Scharf and Community Manager, Jessica Finster for your first steps through the Commonwealth in virtual reality.

Check out the video.

With the power of VR, you’ll be able to get up-close-and-personal with the dangers of a post-apocalyptic world as you fight for survival. Featuring new combat, crafting and building systems fully reimagined for VR - including VR-enhanced V.A.T.S. and a variety of gameplay options including direct movement - Fallout 4 VR isn’t just a jaunt through the Wasteland, it’s the entire game. The whole world is fully explorable. That includes hundreds of locations, characters and quests. This is your opportunity to step into the Wasteland and experience Fallout 4 in a whole new way.

Looks like they nailed it from the video. I like how you can teleport while using VATS.

The game appears to run at your monitor's native resolution and forces TAA on, so here is a fix for that.

I haven't checked, has Steam patched this to work with the Oculus by using the beta options?

i just dont love fallout 4 even if i eat it with VR green eggs and ham. There is no heart or choice in the game and it seemed bland. I love to death FO Vegas

I haven't checked, has Steam patched this to work with the Oculus by using the beta options?
actually it works on the rift at launch on the non-beta steam, and beta steamVR actually BREAKS the game. Running the game in beta SteamVR mode disables the ability to interact with the in-game keyboard preventing you from entering your name and progressing past the beginning of the game, this is an issue for both the vive and rift.

It was a boring game with none of the dialog tree depth I've come to expect from earlier editions. The major characters and their impending plotlines are now even more obvious than they've ever been, and that just makes me gag and stop playing.

There's just no game underneath this Open World Post-Apocalyptic Hunting Simulator. The fact that they have the gall to charge $60 on release for an old game with new interaction is just retarded.

I had fun with FO4. To be honest though I checked out of the 'plotline' since they abandoned their CRPG isometric roots. To me they are a post-apocalyptic survival sim with some random elements of 'plot' and 'character' tacked on.

Not taking long for people to start modding this game already lol, people have got a few fo4 mods working already with more im sure to come.

So played the game for 10 minutes (all the time I had for now lol) and so far reports the game is "unplayable" on the rift is grossly overstated.

I have had no issues moving around, selects items in the menu is annoying but completely doable and I had no issues interacting with objects or dialog trees. I will have more time tonight to really try it out though.

Fallout: NV is better and VR doesn't add anything.

Yeah, well... that's just like, your opinion man.

thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif

Back