Not open for further replies.

EvilAlchemist

2[H]4U
Okay ... Listen up [H]

Points - 24hr Avg

[H]ardOCP = 3,147,935

Maximum PC = 3,024,682

This gap needs to get bigger ASAP ....

they arent even on our threat list? and evga is still falling further back every day.. went from 800 days a month ago to 1,400+ days..

they arent even on our threat list?

That may be true , but only by 123,253 points per day.

To break even, all they have to do is add 20 GPU's @ 6000 PPD each.

That is really not that many when you sit down and look at it.

Better to act now to increase our PPD , then wait and have to re-act to a "ramp up" on their end.

Hmm..., from my limited experience this pernt spread deal is pretty cyclical. I think the thing that separates the mighty [H]orde team 33 from many other teams is we're lucky enough to have some old time consistent folders (old timers) :D With so many "old timers" AFAIK our production remains pretty stable (not so many wild swings) Plus the fact all my horses have short legs so no high horses for me (in fact I ain't got no horses, just a cat) :)

I'm certainly not making light of your posted concern bro EA and IMO we should have a much bigger positive spread ;) My theory could also be very wrong, but before I get my shorts in a twist the team you mentioned would have to be on our threat list with a respectable time of overtaking us or consistently post PpD's that far out produced us. (you know, like less than a couple of years overtake and a zillion pernts better :eek:)

With all that said you have to remember for many peeps, myself included, this economic downturn is affecting a lot of peoples plans for more "D". I'd like to get, from what I understand is the next 8800GT of GPU's (for folding), a GTX275. I just ain't got the bucks at the time :(

With all that said you have to remember for many peeps, myself included, this economic downturn is affecting a lot of peoples plans for more "D". I'd like to get, from what I understand is the next 8800GT of GPU's (for folding), a GTX275. I just ain't got the bucks at the time :(

And don't forget that, economic downturn aside, this time of year causes a lot of us to have to ramp down because of the heat. Can only afford to run either the a/c or the rigs and not both at the same time. $300+ a month electric bills are kind of hard to deal with no matter how you look at it.

And don't forget that, economic downturn aside, this time of year causes a lot of us to have to ramp down because of the heat. Can only afford to run either the a/c or the rigs and not both at the same time. $300+ a month electric bills are kind of hard to deal with no matter how you look at it.

This is true for us as well as other teams.

I've not seen the electrical bills as my wife handles all of the finances. Given that we live in TX and hot is something we deal with every year, we appropriately triple our electrical budget during the summer months.

On topic, I am hoping to add to my very small farm, but need to get some additional hardware first that unfortunately don't provide any points. At this point, I'm hoping in Sep to add another rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back