Time to get motivated!

84gthatch

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok guys I don't know about you but being the number 4 ppd producing team is starting to get to me!!! I was a bit bummed out about evga but not that upset then we had Overclock.net putting out over 4mill per day but we have team Creamsicle out producing us SRSLY!!!! we need to get some "D" in the case of EVGA they got almost 2 million ppd on us!!!!! lets get this party started and get this ol behemoth on the road and kick in ass again!!!

I will raise my ppd 10k in the next week come hell or high water.

we need posts on the front page calling back our folders

I started folding 8-29-08 and my PPD has slowly risen. Playing with the idea of building a Core i7 box, but we need more soldiers in the trenches.

I'll be coming back once my motherboard gets here.

Should be less than a week. I should've just bought one to use while waiting for my RMA

well, screw it, I said to hell with the money problems, got another 9600 GSO on the way, thats 4 9600's now, plus an 88GTX and a Q66

thats all I can do, I swear!

I've got a Core i7 920, but don't have the funds for the MoBo, GPUs, & PSU. I was hoping to have the funds already, but getting that next consulting contract has been a bitch (given the market, I should have expected it). When I get signatures and a deposit, I'll have another boxen up good for ~46K PpD.

I can see we still have a lot of the big guns still folding, but frankly it's the little guys that make a HUGE difference in our overall PpD.

If you look at the avg ppd on the other teams it's over 4k ppd per folder
EVGA is 4600ppd
Overclock.net is 5700
Team Cream is 4000

ours is 2852 :(

Admittedly they have one folder thats doing more then our top 13 folders combined but thats no excuse we must prevail and kick some ass boys lets get our avg ppd per folder over 4k that should bring us back into the lead!

Wow. I had no idea EVGA was putting up that many points. If I read that link correctly they are doing 4.8M PPD?!?! Impressive. I have been running lots of other DC projects lately but I just fired up one of my 8800s again tonight. Hopefully its stable in Windows 7. :D I'll add 2 more GPUs this weekend when I get a chance to rebuild my other machine and probably a couple more GPUs yet for the CC.

Lets go Horde!

Ive got a gtx295. What can I add to the system to get more ppd? What video card is what I mean. I cant afford another 295, but want something that will provide the D without errors.

If you already have the 295 folding I believe you can add a 260/280/285 with out causing issues in drivers. all of which if clocked up a bit will add 7-8k ppd so in order for max ppd increase to happen i'd make sure to fill up all pci-e slots with 295's :D

If you already have the 295 folding I believe you can add a 260/280/285 with out causing issues in drivers. all of which if clocked up a bit will add 7-8k ppd so in order for max ppd increase to happen i'd make sure to fill up all pci-e slots with 295's :D
The other potential problem is the shader mix. Cards with different shader counts don't mix well in the same system because of a drop in performance for one of the cards. Meaning, although you'll see increased overall production, it will be a few thousand PPD less than if each card was installed in separate systems. For emergency situations, like an impending overtake or heated team competition, it's worth the increased power consumption for a temporary boost in PPD.

In regards to the thread topic, I'm speechless at the emergence of the mega-folder. Now there are three teams outproducing us by the colossal efforts of a single folder. The only thing I can say at this point to quell any undue concerns is that we are still producing sufficiently to prevent an overtake by even the closest competitor for another couple of years. Last year, MPC was a couple of years away from overtaking us and then their production dropped while ours reinvigorated. The mega-folders have to keep at it for over a year to really come close.

These things are cyclical like economic cycles. However, it's far from a comforting predicament. I called MPC relentless more than a year ago and they're proving me right. I'm noticing sea changes in the folding landscape this year. All each of these three teams has to do is recruit/produce another mega-folder, or simply another 'regular' super-folder worth a couple of 100K, and suddenly we have a very different ball game in our hands.

Well, maybe I will win the Lotto at some point, and if I do, I will indeed build a mega folder of my own :-D

from the deals forum
XFX GS250XYDFC GeForce GTS 250 512MB Core Edition 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
$134.99 - $5.00IR - $10.40 promo code "HARDOCP413VGA10" = $119.59 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 4/20/09
not sure what the ppd is on this though...

Fold On!

In regards to the thread topic, I'm speechless at the emergence of the mega-folder. Now there are three teams outproducing us by the colossal efforts of a single folder. The only thing I can say at this point to quell any undue concerns is that we are still producing sufficiently to prevent an overtake by even the closest competitor for another couple of years. Last year, MPC was a couple of years away from overtaking us and then their production dropped while ours reinvigorated. The mega-folders have to keep at it for over a year to really come close.

Another thing to remember is how many superfolders have come and gone over the years. Eventually every one had to slow down due to their boxen being retasked to do actual work, bandwidth issues, or some asshole screwing things up an ruining it for everybody. Nobody will ever be able to touch Silicon_Wars or 1920x1080i-How??? right? :p

That being said, my hats off to the current generation of superfolders and for science's sake, I'm pulling for them to keep it up as long as possible.

Admittedly they have one folder thats doing more then our top 13 folders combined but thats no excuse

not to be a pain, but that sounds ike a pretty good excuse to me lol
regardless, we must fight back, he cant run that kind of hardware forever!

from the deals forum
XFX GS250XYDFC GeForce GTS 250 512MB Core Edition 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
$134.99 - $5.00IR - $10.40 promo code "HARDOCP413VGA10" = $119.59 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 4/20/09
not sure what the ppd is on this though...

Fold On!
The GTS250 is a G92 card and doesn't play well with GT200 cards. A GTX260, GTX275, GTX280, GTX285, or another GTX295 is necessary to be able to fold in the same system as a GTX295.

If you look at the avg ppd on the other teams it's over 4k ppd per folder
EVGA is 4600ppd
Overclock.net is 5700
Team Cream is 4000

ours is 2852 :(

Admittedly they have one folder thats doing more then our top 13 folders combined but thats no excuse we must prevail and kick some ass boys lets get our avg ppd per folder over 4k that should bring us back into the lead!

I'm sorry for bringing the average down. I only fold on my 9600GT :( At best it gives 3200PpD with the new WUs. Sorry I'm not running high end hardware. With the chimp challenge coming up though, I might have to start borging some systems.

Actually, you're bringing the average up, since your production is greater than the average production value :).

True, but it seems that most people who actually frequent this subforum have much better specs. So amongst us who actually post here, I feel like I'm the laggard.

True, but it seems that most people who actually frequent this subforum have much better specs. So amongst us who actually post here, I feel like I'm the laggard.

Every point and WU is important. Don't ever get the idea that we do not value your contribution.

If you can add, GREAT! If not, That's cool too, just keep on folding away!

All this chimp challenge talk and other teams whooping us on PpD makes me wanna grab a pitchfork and torch and join the mob. So I was thinking, should I sell my 9600GT for 60-70 bucks and get a GTX250 (which has twice as many shaders), or should I get another 9600GT and SLI.

Price on new GTX250 = $130 - $60 (for current card) = $70
Price on second (used) 9600GT = $60

Thoughts?

Id sell it and try to lowball someone into dropping a gtx260 , youd only be out a few bucks more, and PPD would triple almost, and gaming would too

All this chimp challenge talk and other teams whooping us on PpD makes me wanna grab a pitchfork and torch and join the mob. So I was thinking, should I sell my 9600GT for 60-70 bucks and get a GTX250 (which has twice as many shaders), or should I get another 9600GT and SLI.

Price on new GTX250 = $130 - $60 (for current card) = $70
Price on second (used) 9600GT = $60

Thoughts?
There would not be a tremendous amount of difference in PPD between the 2 9600 GTs and a GTS 250. The suggestion to go to a used GTX 260 is reasonable, but you have to make sure you have the lenght in your case to handle it. It is longer than either the 9600 or the GTS 250.

Id sell it and try to lowball someone into dropping a gtx260 , youd only be out a few bucks more, and PPD would triple almost, and gaming would too

Sounds good. I guess I'll start scoping out the FS/FT section for some 260s. Most say that a good price is around 150-160, which is more than double what I plan on spending. Or am I looking in the wrong places?

thats about right, but keep your eye out, we had 2 go for 120 about 2 weeks ago, so pissed that I didnt have the cash then to jump on them

Next week I will get a 4890 and a Phenom II 720 BE and get them rolling. I'm curious to see what these 2 items will make. I am going to try to set up a Linux VM on the tri-core and then leave 1 core to feed the GPU. I probably won't add 10k with this setup and there's a chance I'm going to lose an 8800GT borg when it gets hot out. Depending on the productivity and how the price holds I might add another in a while.

Only a handful of [H]orde folders frequent this forum. Most silently fold away 24/7.
Every wu turned in has the promise of being part of the key that unlocks the secret to ending these diseases. :)

I remember when I first started folding using the single core client on my Q9300. Talk about only a few PPD. Then I upgraded to an 8800GTS and then ran that folding and was impressed then. Now my two GTX260s folding away seems impressive to me :-D

I fear I'm catching the bug...

I remember when I first started folding using the single core client on my Q9300. Talk about only a few PPD. Then I upgraded to an 8800GTS and then ran that folding and was impressed then. Now my two GTX260s folding away seems impressive to me :-D

I fear I'm catching the bug...

Welcome to the addiction!

fear the bug, it will drain you of all money lol

Back