Time Splitter Demo Problem

DonMega2k

Limp Gawd
I downloaded the Time Splitter demo over the weekend, looks like an interesting game. I wouldn't know though, because I can't play for more that 3 minutes into it. Everytime I stop time and go throught the fire at the beginning, I pop out on the other side, start time, and I get a BSOD and reboot. Has anyone else experienced this? It crashes in the same spot every single time and runs fine up until that point.

Your monitor is too big! LoL
Ive not seen that. BUT you aint missing much. The demo is short and the game overall is disappointing.

Try a reinstall with a D/L from a different source.

Work on your ram timings or ram speed. Experiment. It might be a mem controller issue. Possibly a voltage bump on the ram?

LoL Monitor can never be too big ;-)

Not a bad idea to pull it from a different source. I got it from videogames.yahoo which is where I've been getting all my demos, never had a problem but it's definitly a possibilty.

As for the RAM. I'm fairly certain that's ok. With my current settings (3-3-3-8 1T 2.8V) I'm prime stable using Large FFTs for 9 Hours continuous, 2 seperate runs. In addition, all other games such as Quake 4, HL2, FarCry, AoE III run with zero issues on full quality settings. Hrmm...

try reinstalling the demo, it is a really short demo. I was kinda disappointed.

The guns are cool though.

I just did a fresh driver install for everything last Thursday. The X-Mystique screwed my system up good when I installed it so I wiped and restarted. I'm running the Xtreme G 83.20.v2 Forceware Drivers at present. They helped my rates in both FarCry and Quake4, but have been known to cause issues with other titles. I didn't even think about them potentially causing the issue. I'll try the genuine Forceware 83.40 this week and see what happens. At this point I'm more interested in figuring out why it's crashing than I am to play the game. Installing video drivers is a bit of a pain on my setup though because of the configuration I need to do to get proper resolutions on my HDTV.

drizzt81 said:
run your PC at stock settings and try it.

Nevah! :D

I did crank it down to 2.2 and ran the mem at 3-4-4-8 which are it's DDR500 registered timings so there is pleanty of overhead there. I'll put it at stock prior to loading new video drivers and see where that goes though.

Now I'm getting kinda discouraged because nobody really seems to like the game haha

honestly, if you have to bork your normally stable set-up for this one demo (which is uber-short, and not very interesting) Id leave everything alone and go to my friends house and look at it.
Thats still a BIG monitor.

Your right about that, it's probably going to turn into more work than it's worth. I just want to know why this POS won't run proper. I need to turn off the XP 'Reboot on System Failure' setting so I can actually read the BSOD and see what crashing it. Seems so far that I'm the only one experiencing this so I guess the game just doesn't like me :cool:

As far as the 'monitor' goes, it's actually a 65" - need to edit my sig. I built this machine as a dual-purpose HTPC / Gaming Rig. Everything is output via DVI to the LCoS which is at a desktop resolution of 1240x692 with zero overscan. I can run games in higher resolutions, but that's the max for XP OS use. Overall I'm extremely happy with it. My only gripe is that reading text in XP is really hard on my eyes. Think that mostly has to do with the 60Hz refresh rate I'm locked into. It's not an issue in games what so ever except AoE III. If I could find a way to increase font size in that game, I'd be golden. I can only take 1 game at a time before my head starts to hurt lol.

Back