Time keeps changing to wrong time (1 hr behind) on a workstation.. help? (on domain)

Mizugori

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a workstation here that always sets its time an hour behind. If I manually change the time, ten minutes later it has changed back again... I don't know where this is coming from because the server has the correct time, and before someone says this, daylight savings time is correctly set so that's not the problem. net time reveals that it is (supposedly) getting the time from the server.... ???

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Check your group policy. Time sync is actually a pretty important security thing.

What is the patch level. Kinda sounds like it has updated for daylight savings time already.

I know you said that it's set correctly but it seems like it might have the old DST settings. If you haven't already, try installing the DST hotfix for whatever OS you're running.

If the time keeps resetting, then that means that your computer is syncing up to a time server correctly. I strongly suspect you have the old pre-2007 DST settings. Try using TZEDIT to check it.

Actually, that should change here in just a couple hours, I think. //off to check local stuff

Back