Time for an upgrade from my Asus RT-n56u... help!

arr4ws

Supreme [H]ardness
Yep ,

time to upgrade my asus rt-n56u. Speed are getting slower , range is now ''bad'' i cant really get a good signal from the other side of my home ( +/- 50 feet) .

What should i look for , basic home use , some plex , 6-10 devices connected wirelessly , 2-3 devices wired.

budget is MAX 200 cad$.

thanks !

I think it should be right around 200 CAD as in the US it is about $170.

I would recommend the Asus RT-AC68U, used it up until I moved into a bigger home and need further range. Just make sure with Asus that you flash it with merlin drivers, they work so much better and have several other features that the regular Asus drivers do not have.

you can go ubiquiti ac-lite and er-x for under 170 hard to beat that combo for range, speed and reliability

downsides are complexity of configuration

you can go ubiquiti ac-lite and er-x for under 170 hard to beat that combo for range, speed and reliability

downsides are complexity of configuration
I would look at the following combo.

Routerboard HeX(latest version) and a ubiquiti ac-lite. If you are even remotely tech savey this is should prove to be a bad ass combo and ready for gigabit connections in the future over wired and solid AC speeds wireless. Please note Unifi is not bleeding edge fast but they are nearly bullet proof when setup right and just work. Each AP is meant for 100+ clients. I never have had to reboot mine except for firmware updates.

Back