Time for a new card should I wait or grab one?

DFinan

Weaksauce
Title kind of sums it up been using a AMD Radeon VII, trying to decide if it is time to upgrade to a newer card or should I wait a bit longer for the next gen cards and processors and just do a whole new build when that comes out? Any thoughts or suggestions?

I grabbed one of the $600 6700 XTs this morning from the egg. That is 2080 TI performance. Good for this coming generation. I don't think anything is getting cheaper

I grabbed one of the $600 6700 XTs this morning from the egg. That is 2080 TI performance. Good for this coming generation. I don't think anything is getting cheaper

Which one, and was it in stock or did you use N.E. shuffle?

Which one, and was it in stock or did you use N.E. shuffle?
There were some gigabyte and XFX ones for $600. There was also a 10% off max $50 coupon "MBLCATE" you can add to knock $50 off of it. Got a Gig 6700XT eagle for about $580 after tax.

*edit* The coupon is mobile app only.

There were some gigabyte and XFX ones for $600. There was also a 10% off max $50 coupon "MBLCATE" you can add to knock $50 off of it. Got a Gig 6700XT eagle for about $580 after tax.

*edit* The coupon is mobile app only.

When I got mine, the only one left was the Asrock Challanger, which is still available now. I think the actual drop happened Monday night. I couldn't get the code to work sadly. Mobile app was giving me fits, but I hate mobile shopping in general

I would wait, prices are finally coming down and availability is improving. Far from perfect but much better than a few months ago.

I would sell the radeon VII and get something else now. Things are generally in-stock at retail outlets, you just have to be careful because prices are dropping so quickly that you don't want to pay for something that is $200 lower elsewhere. evga, amd.com, and newegg all seem to have consistently good prices but it's sporadic, every other day or so something good pops up. I could see the radeon VII being valuable for a long time due to its mining capabilities but it's getting beaten out in efficiency now and prices have already dropped a ton compared to highs last year. I wouldn't feel bad selling it now for a premium while things last and getting something newer for gaming. If you're mining with it as well I'd hang on to it though and just get something new for gaming.

Back