• Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mhd

Weaksauce
1) What will you be doing with this PC?
Web , streaming , Gaming, Content Creation, Development tools, Vmware

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$700-$900

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S,
NYC
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. \
  • CPU
  • Ram
  • Power Supply
  • SSD
  • Motherboard
  • Case
  • CPU Heatsink

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply.
  • GPU: Radeon HD 6800 Temporary
  • Monitor: Dell u2312HM. 2209WA
  • peripheral
  • SSD: samsung evo 128Gb

6) Will you be overclocking?
Currently, No.

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
22inh 1680X 1050 , 23, 1920x 1080

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Mid Nov - Early Dec

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Crossfire or SLI support? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? etc.
ESt

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yes Windows 10, 64bit

I have been looking to Build New Pc Configuration for sometime, I think I am ready.

Right now, my pc setup very old, with intel 2 duo e8400 | Motherboard: GA EP35 DS3L| Gskill (3) 4gb | Corsair vx450w | AMD radeon H 6800 Series |2 hard drive 250gb 150gb | antec 3 hundred

Slow and inefficient for today's standard. Cannot handle web browsing( many tabs) , streaming , content creation. tools ( mainly cz of ram, still slow )

I am following latest news in and out, but I need to find and research on what Motherboard chipset, Ram i will be going with
I have set my mind on Ryzen 2700x, Primary use would be content creating, web , Gaming
Ryzen 2700x with mid range
Advise to what motherboard are out there overall pleasant experience (Asrock, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI )
Good compatible Ram, Earlier some time ago, there were problem with some ram that claimed to have certain MHZ, however it did not perform the expected.
One thing to say, Gigabyte, which I have been solid from the time build

CPU: AMD AMD Ryzen 7 2700X ($309.89 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASUS Prime X470-Pro ($159 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.SKILL 16GB (2 x 8GB) TridentZ RGB Series ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W SuperNOVA 750 G3 220-G3-0750-X1 ($89.68 @ Amazon)
Storage: SAMSUNG 1TB 860 EVO Series MZ-76E1T0B/AM ($167.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C - Dark TG FD-CA-MESH-C-BKO-TG ($100.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $997.53
Price may include shipping, rebates, promotions, and tax
Generated by PC Hound

cide whether to go with x470 or B450, deciding whether which one is best for value and long term

Please, give me some insight or advise whether this initial pre configuration is following the right path; better competent( lower price point) Thank you.

Seems solid to me. Just a couple minor things:

Unless you're considering a massive GPU upgrade (e.g., GTX-2080ti), that PSU is over-specced. A 500 W unit would be more than enough, and save a few bucks. Seasonic gold-rated is a safe choice.

No reason not to get the m.2 version of the 860 Evo.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: mhd
like this
Thanks, I know It seems to be unnecessary, but I am thinking ahead what if I do want to change video card. In terms of the m.2 version 860 evo, didn't even realize it. Good call
I am bit back and forth about the whole motherboard, each has their drawback, but I have to get past that, However, I do need help with this particular area. There seems to be many factor such as VRM, B450 or x-470.
A lot good info from different perspective, hardocp, anandtech, hardware nexus and people's opinion. I happen to be lost. I do not want to buy a motherboard that I regret later.

Back