Time Capsule: HardOCP Hardware Community Workshop Sponsored by Yamaha Multimedia. 12-20-2002

You missed princessfrosty in the video card forum back when FX5800 came out. I had to explain how dropping to a 16 bit memory bus was a loss in precision vs 24 bit that couldn’t be “made up” later. Etc. there were lots of hard fights back then too.
Oh man, I remember that name... Lol.

I think I topped out at 601K free. It was crazy how the boot order mattered to final size of the tsr programs. “Loadmemhigh”
I found an order that got me that last 3k - I remember writing it down in a notebook by hand for any time I had to reinstall. It was like tetris, only with autoexec!

I miss the good old days, This is so cool to see these old throwback videos. Keep them coming Kyle

Blast from the past. Was it recorded on VHS or 8mm LOL
8MM I had one of those cameras I got it because it was better then VHS-C at the time but I wish I had gotten the VHS-C now as finding a working 8MM deck is not easy or cheap if you can even find one!
The VHS-C had an adapter that made it playable in a normal VHS machine which are a lot easier to find then the 8MM ones.

8MM I had one of those cameras I got it because it was better then VHS-C at the time but I wish I had gotten the VHS-C now as finding a working 8MM deck is not easy or cheap if you can even find one!
The VHS-C had an adapter that made it playable in a normal VHS machine which are a lot easier to find then the 8MM ones.

All true. Takes me back to my 90's days selling camcorders at the Shack. 8mm supposedly had better resolution, but vhs-c had the convenience of that adapter.

Back