Tim Cook's Pay Down $1.5M In 2016 After Missing Performance Goals

HardOCP News

[H] News
I know the "story" here is supposed to be that Tim Cook made $1.5 million less in 2016 than he did in 2015 but I think the real story is that there are at least five other executives at Apple making almost $23 million per year. Wow! :eek:

The filing reveals Apple CEO Tim Cook made $8.7 million in 2016, down from $10.28 million in 2015 and $9.2 million in 2014. Cook's earnings included a base salary of $3 million, non-equity incentives of $5.37 million, and other compensation of nearly $378,000. Other named executives netted nearly $23 million apiece.

Guess he won't be purchasing a gold-plated shark tank bar anytime soon.

He'll just have to opt out for the silver plated version, but it will look more at home once they buy a laser to etch the apple logo into it. Hell, he will likely attach the laser TO the shark. Shit, Apple may even bring it to market in a few years, and in the press conference they will talk about how innovative lasers on sharks are and how the idea was one they made up, not stole from Dr Evil

Big deal, I wonder if he would have even noticed if it wasn't news lol.

Tim: hey honey look at this, I lost 1.5 million apparently.

Guess he has to wait another year before getting that sad clown in the iron lung.

How the hell does Jony Ive get away without disclosing his salary in a publicly traded company?

How the hell does Jony Ive get away without disclosing his salary in a publicly traded company?

You can blame the SEC for not changing rules since 1934. Since neither Ivy nor Schiller, Federighi, or Williams are section 16 employees Apple does not need to declare their salary.

They don't own more than 10% of the company or are titled a director or officer in Apple's SEC filings. Despite what their "official" title is the SEC filings state otherwise making them exempt. Many companies do this to hide talent salaries from prying eyes or competitors. The board still knows which is what is important.

Apple really needs to get it together. Their phone sales are still fine, considering the generally cheaper competition, but everything else has problems.

Imagine if they put that money into R&D they could have invented a new port called a headphone jack. If they lowered it further they might even be able to invent some sort of universal serial port. If he paid the company instead they might discover this one weird trick that allows 99W/hr batteries.

23m to do what exactly? Sit there all day and come up with ideas how to make more money? Overpaid for sure and it is disgusting.

Back