Tigers Pitcher Had Guitar Hero Injury

HardOCP News

[H] News
I found this story rather amusing. It seems that the pitcher from the Detroit Tigers had an injury related to Guitar Hero that he actually had to seek treatment for.

Tigers' athletic training staff discovered that Zumaya's forearm pain was more consistent with the action of a guitar player than a baseball pitcher. The Tigers asked Zumaya to stop playing the video game, and he did. Zumaya then pitched pain-free during the World Series, and went 0-1 with a 3.00 ERA in three appearances.

Just another comical injury that wouldn't happen to the average person that happens to a professional athelete. It doesn't even suprise me anymore when I here these types of stories.

sandmanx said:
Just another comical injury that wouldn't happen to the average person that happens to a professional athelete. It doesn't even suprise me anymore when I here these types of stories.
Well when you're a pitcher and stressing your arm to the max every day, I could easily see how playing a guitar could push it over the edge.

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
Well when you're a pitcher and stressing your arm to the max every day, I could easily see how playing a guitar could push it over the edge.
Maybe, but you would think someone that makes millions off their arm wouldn't be doing anything to stress it. Then again, no one ever accused the large majority of athletes of being smart. :p

sandmanx said:
Maybe, but you would think someone that makes millions off their arm wouldn't be doing anything to stress it. Then again, no one ever accused the large majority of athletes of being smart. :p
i think athlete and intelligent are generally mutually exlusive, at least with the media driven sports of the usa

sandmanx said:

Ima profeffinal aflete biatch. :D

Local radio station rips on the "thugs" pretty well IMO.

I was shocked to see a story posted like this right now. I recently visted my doctor due to severe pain in my arm and wrist. He diagnosed me with a condition similar to a bad case of tennis elbow and said that if it isn't better in two weeks he would give me a shot.

I stopped playing Guitar Hero 2 that day and a week later the pain is nearly gone. I was playing GH2 for a couple hours a day previously and I know that was the source of my problem too.

How the hell do you guys play Guitar Hero? I guess you also swing the controller full force and as far as possible on a Wii?

wait did he break his guitar controller also, shit his pitches are fucking dominating 100 + mph. just imagine him pitching on wii sports :eek:

Yep, I chuckled when I heard this on the radio. (I'm a Michigan'er, so Tigers fan).

The guys on the radio proceeded to laugh a bit and state "You just cannot look cool whilst playing GH/2.".

Back