TigerDirect selling HP Touchpads at 2:30PM EST today

I'm not impressed by the bundle or the price but I'm sure someone will be.

$150 - Tablet
$50 - Creative Speaker
$20 - Belkin Stand
$20 - Belkin Case
$? - Hard to price these as I have a dozen free ones laying around from various purchases

The bundle is $280 for things that originally sold for about $240.

Not a deal at all, seems they are just trying to capitalize on the sensationalism from the last fiasco.

I realize you can no longer get a 32gb Touchpad for $149.99 but you'd have to think that with Black Friday coming there will be more tablet deals coming.

Arg. I guess I'll just look on Craigslist for one, all these bundle "deals" are stupid. I just want a Touchpad with android :(

I'd say the newly announced Nook Tablet (1.2GHz dual-core CPU, 1GB RAM, 16GB storage, and microSD slot) is a better deal for $249.99. Based on how popular the Nook Color was (and custom ROM support) hopefully the Nook Tablet (basically a Nook Color Gen2) will enjoy the same support.

Still shows in stock for me, I even added one to my cart.

e. and now they're sold out

Last edited:
Where can I get a 32GB iPad for $280?
x2

I also don't give a damn about apps, I use my TP for internet browsing. Don't be jelly because you didn't get a deal on the TP. MMMM $162 is sweet isn't it?

I'm enjoying my 32gb even if it isn't an ipad > touchpad. I'm happy I didn't spend over $400 on something I only use when I'm about to go to bed or hit the toilet.

I blinked and they were gone. Wasn't going to buy one but it's funny that even at this absurd price people will buy them anyway. It's like some weird Streissand effect.

Anything is > hp touchpad

How many people are actually developing apps for a dead OS?

I bough mine hoping for an Android port and it did come.

HP Touchpad (16GB, dual core 1.5ghz CPUs, 9.7" 1024x768 display) for $99 > than anything from Apple.

ipad > hp touchpad

Haha... I gave my work iPad to a coworker in the office since I have my personal Touchpad now. Sure, I don't have the option to buy all those apps anymore.. but I never bought any to begin with since it was company owned anyways...

All it really got used for was internet, media, and PDF books... all of which I can do on the Touchpad. Plus, the iPad was a 16GB model and my Touchpad is 32GB so I can store more files, and I can easily copy AVI and MKV files to it to watch via the Kalemsoft app (just drag and drop onto the touchpad) without having to mess with converters and the crappy itunes software....

HP Touchpad (16GB, dual core 1.5ghz CPUs, 9.7" 1024x768 display) for $99 > than anything from Apple.

^^^ This. $99 gives you 10' screen for portable FLASH internet, email, mp3, video / movie player (h.264 only), handheld game machine and a nice working webOS.

HP royally screwed up when they decided to kill the touchpad. gg on companies that only hires MBAs to lead instead of engineers with vision to lead.

I always love how the free market finds a way around any limits. Kind of like how when early consoles were in high demand and they would force you to buy the consoles with 7 controllers in hot pink 8 games no one wanted and a toilet seat.

not a dead os... it might not have the support others do but its not dead... HP just came out with an update in the last few weeks and are working on the new "Synergy" os or whatever

HP is leaving the market hardware market, they recently changed there minds (probably wont see another tablet though)

gg on companies that only hires MBAs to lead instead of engineers with vision to lead.

lol

I hate to break it to you, but MBAs make decisions to make money, while "engineers with vision" don't. Sure, this decision might not be the best, but in your scenario....I present to you the AMD Bulldozer

Engineers dont always have answers either. It takes a pretty good combination of everything to make money. For HP engineers are less important than a pure tech company like say a nand manufacturer.

Not really. Owning one I can say it's a nice tablet. Nice screen (almost equal to iPad quality they say). Nice speakers. In some ways I prefer webos to iOS or Android as well. Going back to iOS I really miss "flicking" cards offscreen.

The app thing can be a problem, but is overrated. I use maybe 5-10 apps ever on my phone. I doubt most people ever use more than ten apps on their ipad. Apps are fairly useless, lots of people blather on about apps but if you ask them to name all the great apps they use, most suddenly cant think of many. Or they're website apps that duplicate functionality you can do otherwise in a less streamlined way (one of the few apps I use consistently on my phone is the ESPN radio app, and it's nice, but the fact remains I could just stream ESPN radio from their website without an app).

Most people use a tablet to surf the web, and the Touchpad is fine for that. For 99 bucks very worth it. 99 bucks would probably get you a awful resistive screen Chinese Android tablet...if that.

Android is already running on it. I'll probably switch mine over if they port Ice Cream Sandwich. Since I use it for reading books, I actually like webos far more than android.

Have you've ever seen or touched a touchpad? :/ They're pretty damn sturdy and well built. The OS is pretty fine too.

As with what everyone else is saying, CM7 is running pretty stable on it, most apps work and are compatiable with the device. At the time it was $99, it was well worth the buy.

Have you've ever seen or touched a touchpad? :/ They're pretty damn sturdy and well built. The OS is pretty fine too.

As with what everyone else is saying, CM7 is running pretty stable on it, most apps work and are compatiable with the device. At the time it was $99, it was well worth the buy.
As a satisfied 32GB Touchpad owner ($120, thx $30 off $150 coupon), it's decently built. I would stop short of saying well built. The middle of the back flexes under pressure, and you have to use significant pressure to hold vertically since it's got a totally smooth/slippery back. I put a skin on it for a bit more grip and it's still tough to hold. Wish it had some sort of texture or pattern or something on the back. I know smooth looks good, but for holding something --especially one-handed, since you need your second hand for the touch screen-- smooth sucks.

But hey, for $120 and 32GB of storage it's a great mobile media device and web browser. Wish I could've gotten a cellular enabled version, I've found actually having access to wifi on the go is pretty rare. If I have to tether to my phone, I'm usually just going to use my phone and skip the tethering dance.

^^^ This. $99 gives you 10' screen for portable FLASH internet, email, mp3, video / movie player (h.264 only), handheld game machine and a nice working webOS.

HP royally screwed up when they decided to kill the touchpad. gg on companies that only hires MBAs to lead instead of engineers with vision to lead.
What they lost in the $99 sell off was a drop in the bucket for what they paid for WebOS. If they had done that from the start. WebOS would have been in an entirely different position.

I put a skin on it for a bit more grip and it's still tough to hold. Wish it had some sort of texture or pattern or something on the back. I know smooth looks good, but for holding something --especially one-handed, since you need your second hand for the touch screen-- smooth sucks.

I'm not sure which skin you are using but I use the Skinomi carbon fiber skin and it provides a lot more grip vs. stock:
http://www.skinomi.com/hp-touchpad-carbon-fiber-skin-protector.html

You can use the 25% coupon making it $12.75. It even comes with a screen protector but, IMO, one isn't needed.

I also am the owner of a 32 GB (4 actually and the 3 extras went to family and friends at cost, no profit). I know I love mine and haven't found much I need it to do that it won't. There are some websites that use java that the default browser doesn't do well with, but from 99% of the stuff I do, it works great. Also, oveclocking it to 1.75ghz was a snap and with all the little tweaks you can do with Preware like turning down logging and what not, it runs REALLY snappy compared to any other tablet I've used (mainly used the Ipad 1 and 2 16&32gb versions a friend has, as well as some of the cheaper knock offs) I would like to try putting Android on it and then putting up against my friend's Transformer and Xoom, but that is just for comparisons. I actually Web OS and the card system, plus the SNES emulator on it makes it a great time sink. Forgot how fun Chrono Trigger was. ;) and I did also put a Skinomi screen protector on it because I'm paranoid and that plus the Incipio case make it easy to hold and very easy to clean with the microfiber cloth and some reading glasses cleaner I have. That's the main reason I got the screen cover, i feel fine spraying some cleaner on it (on it's back so the liquid doesn't run down the screen and get in the buttons) and cleaning it off. don't know if I'd feel okay doing that directly on the screen without the cover.

I disagree. I think the webos (touchpad) is the absolute best OS, with the worst app support. Id still take a touchpad over any other tablet at its current price point.

No they didn't. In your limited viewpoint, you forgot the fact that at $500 they were sitting on the shelves collecting dust making HP no money and pissing off store managers. All those reported gripes/issues became a moot point when they dropped the price $350 - 400.

No way are these worth $280.. you've got to be a fool, esp with the Fire coming out which will completely stomp this thing for only $199 shipped :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No way are these worth $280.. you've got to be a fool, esp with the Fire coming out which will completely stomp this thing for only $199 shipped :rolleyes:

Fire has less RAM, a slower single core CPU and only 8GB of storage. How does it "stomp" the TouchPad? Also, the Nook Tablet has twice the RAM, more storage and a better CPU than the Fire for only $50 more. It's already been stomped.

Fire has less RAM, a slower single core CPU and only 8GB of storage. How does it "stomp" the TouchPad? Also, the Nook Tablet has twice the RAM, more storage and a better CPU than the Fire for only $50 more. It's already been stomped.

Both Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet have the same dual-core CPU.

The major differences are the RAM, storage, and additional storage (Nook) like you had mentioned.

Both Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet have the same dual-core CPU.

The major differences are the RAM, storage, and additional storage (Nook) like you had mentioned.

Good call. I was thinking of Lenovo's 7" tablet when I mentioned CPU cores.

tiger direct triple charged me for a cpu and then tried to steal my credit card number when I called to complain. You couldn't pay me to order from them.

In no way will the fire come close to "stomping" on the hp touchpad. Just looking
At the specs will tell you why.

I disagree. I think the webos (touchpad) is the absolute best OS, with the worst app support. Id still take a touchpad over any other tablet at its current price point.

Oh believe me I was the biggest WebOS supporter. I owned the Palm Pre for over two years and I had every intention of moving to the Pre 3 before HP killed it.

The OS might as well be dead. Android and iOS own how much of the market now? There's no catching up to that, especially with the absolutely dreadful history of WebOS.

Back