[TigerDirect] - Refurb Samsung S27B970D 2560 x 1440 379.97 - 25$ rebate + FS with SR

aznever

Gawd
Link

kWsRzEN.png

Rebate Here

Newegg's link for reference
Amazon's link for reference

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Can these be overclocked to 120 or 98hz? Also, what is the response time?

Do you even click the links to check yourself? :confused:

Excuse my ignorance... but I see the response time. How can you tell if it can be overclocked? I don't really see how you can tell... but if there is a way I would love to know for future reference when I'm looking at monitors.

Excuse my ignorance... but I see the response time. How can you tell if it can be overclocked? I don't really see how you can tell... but if there is a way I would love to know for future reference when I'm looking at monitors.

The manufacturer spec is unlikely to tell you if it can run outside of it. However a quick google search returns that this monitor most likely does not go beyond 60hz.

The manufacturer spec is unlikely to tell you if it can run outside of it. However a quick google search returns that this monitor most likely does not go beyond 60hz.

Figured as much... I usually just google model numbers... but thought "hey maybe there is something i'm overlooking".

Thanks

Yeah it was more directed towards the response time, no excuse needed in your instance :p

No multi-input 1440p monitor can be overclocked without dropping frames. BTW this monitor is a complete joke if one wants blacks to actually be black and not gray:

S27B970D vs. Semi-Glossy NEC P242W

It is also far more reflective compared to a regular glossy monitor. The Apple Cinema Display & Dell S series also look the same. Some units use a really low 180hz LED PWM Dimming Frequency=Fuck you from Samsung.

Last edited:
Quick update, received mine today and looks as good as new. Everything was shrink wrapped, came with all the accessories. I was able to overclock mine to 85hz.

vRegbxW.png

hmmm 85Hz... not too bad.

still deciding if I want a QNIX for 120hz or this.

No multi-input 1440p+ monitor can overclock without skipping the additional frames (=choppy motion) and I have tested this one myself, it can't overclock. At these prices the Qnix is way better unless you like gray blacks (Samsung next to an NEC which has a semi-glossy coating just like the Qnix) and extreme reflections, plus it can actually overclock, has lower input lag, similar color quality and black actually looks black.

Back