TigerDirect Clearance on Ebay

I got an email about my order from a week ago saying one of the items wasn't available, it didn't say which though.

Yea me too. I had one item shipped, one put on backorder, and a mysterious number of items cancelled. I think they swamped themselves :D

The Wall mount came, they didn't even box it up, just slapped a UPS label on the retail box.

I ordered a set of Logitech speakers for $15 with free shipping on the 15th.

Later that day, they edit the listing and add a $15 shipping charge.

Two days later on the 17th I order another set (at $30 after shipping) because they're still a decent price and we could use another set to hook up to tablets on occasion.

The set I ordered on the 17th shipped out today, while the set I ordered on the 15th hasn't shipped. I sent them a message and they said they're sorry but they're out of stock.

What the fuck? Kind of a DICK move to fulfill the more expensive order I placed two days later while telling me they don't have enough stock to fulfill the cheaper/earlier order. I know it's only $15, but still.

Last edited:
I got an email today, the order that was cancelled has now SHIPPED, 3x cases and some HDMI cables

All 6 items are coming. the 6th item has shipped and may be delayed due to weather.
Not a bad deal at all.
I was going to buy one TV mount and it was going to cost around $25 on Amazon, but I got 3 mounts and some other knick knacks for the same price.

Got an email that for my order of "X,Y, and Z", they would be canceling X. The email then stated the new order included "X,Y,Z", and "My Ebay" shows that X shipped and they gave it a tracking number...

:confused:We'll see what shows up at my door.

Additional quantities coming on a clearance item? Interesting...

I was eyeing the 1500VA APC they had, but decided not to get it.

It means they're going to keep checking the warehouse until it's confirmed gone.

The place was a mess on the last day, the entire retail floor was cleared out and pallets of stuff were stacked up in the back ready to be shipped back to the distribution center I suppose to go on ebay. They never gave the locals a chance :/

Got an email that for my order of "X,Y, and Z", they would be canceling X. The email then stated the new order included "X,Y,Z", and "My Ebay" shows that X shipped and they gave it a tracking number...

:confused:We'll see what shows up at my door.

Yeah, I just received shipping confirmations with tracking numbers for all of the orders I placed. I had placed a few orders over the span of a couple of days and it looks like they waited to ship everything out all at once.

We'll see what ends up at my door, will be pleasantly surprised if it all shows up.

According to my order page on eBay, both items I ordered are expected to be delivered by Jan 25th.

It just doesn't say which year ;)

Last two orders I placed with them on Ebay were cancelled. Oddly enough,they don't cancel the actual transaction no eBay, only on the PayPal side. This means that I get my money refunded, but the item still remains "purchased" with no way to clear it, other than hide it. /slightly annoying, is all.

i got both my lightning cables today! woo, Thanks OP

Just search the dude's posts lol...

Maybe I should have tried doing what he did I seem to be behind on posts.

On a side note since TD is closing does it seem like competition is going to be lacking? What are the good places to buy computer hardware now besides newegg, amazon, and ncix?

On a side note since TD is closing does it seem like competition is going to be lacking? What are the good places to buy computer hardware now besides newegg, amazon, and ncix?

How was Tiger ever "competition"? The prices were usually not competitive.

There's nothing there.... are you spamming your way to 100 perhaps????

Whatever gave you that idea?
Yb2FoS4.png

wow, they took the store down. and Lol@ that guy posting to 100. Hes not breaking any rules XD. I also would prefer him do this then try to buy stuff with 0 post count

wow, they took the store down. and Lol@ that guy posting to 100. Hes not breaking any rules XD. I also would prefer him do this then try to buy stuff with 0 post count

I always check post history + Heat before buying from FS/T anyway lol.

Lol@ that guy posting to 100. Hes not breaking any rules XD. I also would prefer him do this then try to buy stuff with 0 post count

You sure about that?

The FS/T forum has its own set of specific rules and has a required 100 post minimum to participate. WARNING: Do not spam the forums to reach the required minimum, your posts will be deleted or your account banned outright.

Yup I just checked it out and there was nothing for sale.

There was some pretty good TV deals from TD. Some of them made out with a $1000 off on some nice TVs. On a side note my keyboard was still packaged pretty well, so I assume there are people still taking pride on what they do. Too bad for TD, they used to have the best combo deals on barebones way before NewEgg.

BestBuy is a good option again since they will price match newegg, amazon and other major retailers listed on their site. They also have a number of awesome rewards/promotions that help perpetuate sales:

1) Best Buy Visa: You get some bonus points, but also allows you to accrue dollars spent on non-Best Buy purchases toward your Elite ($1500) and Elite Plus ($3500) tiers. So basically you don't have to buy big ticket items from BB to maintain your membership levels, I just put my cable/internet bill as a recurring charge and that takes care of roughly $2000 a year toward keeping Elite Plus membership.

2) Elite/Plus membership as stated. This gives 30/45 days of return window over the standard 15 day return period. BB still has B&M return policies and this extended time period applies to everything except for certain items like computers and smart phones. Great for price protection/matching as well.

3) Rewards, you get 5% base but up to 7% I think with ElitePlus. They also have various promotions during the year like 3x points or 10% rewards throughout the year.

4) Price Matching. They will match most major online competitors and every local competitor. For example, I bought a $500 GC from BestBuy when they were doing 3x rewards, then bought a 5930K for $500 price matched to MicroCenter back in July last year. Ultimately it cost me something like $430 because I got 3x rewards on the GC itself.

5) Gamers Club Unlocked. Awesome program that Amazon has recently mimicked that costs only $30 now for 2 years. It gives you 20% off any new game, it can be a discounted game too. I got a bunch of PS4 games on BF for $16 with this discount including Until Dawn which was selling for $50+ everywhere else. On Preorders, they often have an additional $10 in rewards, so it can knock down the effective price of a $60 new release game down to $38 (20%=12 + $10 reward). Amazing on Collector's Edition items too, I got the Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition for like $97+tax.

6) Free shipping for Elite/Plus. Elite is basic shipping for free, no minimum (normal is $35 or so), Plus gives you expedited shipping which is about the same as Amazon 2-3 day Prime.

7) Daily/Flash deals. I got an awesome LG Soundbar for $99 on a flash sale type deal, wish I bought 3.

8) Logitech Gaming Gear. One of the best places to get Logitech gear. They recently had the G910 for $90 and the G502 for $40. 2 BF ago they had the G502 for like $60 with a $50 Steam card that I know a lot of people jumped on. They've also had G710 for $60 or so, the Blue version for $50 I believe.

9) Reward Certs. Once you accumulate enough of these, you can significantly bump the price down on a big buy, like I just got a Samsung JU7090 4K 60" TV for $700+tax effective after I blew all my accumulated reward certs.

10) Flexible financing options for big buys. For those who want the flexibility of financing, they offer 12 and 24 month financing for tiered purchases amounts, like $400 and $900 I think. The promotions vary, but this can help those who want to buy home appliances or big TVs and don't want to pay it all up front. I tend to just pay it off because they give you the choice of rewards OR financing now, so I choose the rewards.

So yeah, while I will miss TD for some rare good deals with stackable coupons and rebates, Best Buy has been my go to lately in addition to Newegg and Amazon for tech related stuff.

I have never really shopped at Tiger Direct.

But to add to Amazon, Newegg, how about:

Provantage
B&H
ShopBLT
and of course the local Micro Center / Fry's

Anyone know what's happening to TD's distribution centers? I've got one real close to me with a storefront.

They still haven't shipped my stuff, one they said was cancelled. The others are still processing. I doubt they are coming, not a huge deal, I'll file a paypal claim for my $4.

They shipped a couple of my items, and cancelled the rest.

I certainly hope that they take care of processing the refund automatically, without having to go through PayPal about it.

Anyone know what's happening to TD's distribution centers? I've got one real close to me with a storefront.

I was told several month ago that Tiger was only going to stay in their B2B business, which I am told is huge.

If it's the one in Miami, the storefront is shuttered. The only thing still operating is their corporate offices and warehouse.

Back