TigerDirect Clearance on Ebay

Ultra X4 1000w Modular bronze psu for $69.99 with free shipping. Not sure of the quality for this bronze rated psu. But at 69.99 for a 1000w that is modular, pretty crazy...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-1000-W...item4aece3eeea

Also found some MadCatz headsets that go for around around 99.99 on most sites for 35 bucks...Not bad. Comes in white and red.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MADCATZ-MCB4...item35f78953c4
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MADCATZ-MCB4...item51dd5f3713

If I didn't have a plethora of bluetooth headphones and didn't have my Sennheiser and Beyer headphones. I'd probably nab one =P.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
just bought 2 lightning cables myself

just bought 2 lightning cables myself

Just picked up a couple 3 footers myself. We seem to go through the Apple branded cables like nobody's business. :/ The only cables that have held up for us so far are the thick ZeroLemon cables. I guess for $3 might as well pick up some of these.

Just to give you guys a heads up... Several of their auctions have started out with free shipping and then been edited later down the road to include shipping charges, be sure to look at your total before you check out.

Sweet, an MSI GTX 980 for $579 and Surface Pro 4s for regular price. Wish there were better deals on the spendier stuff.

Thanks for the heads up!

Picked up a pair of Tripplite USB to serial adapters.

$8
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231815919689

Also snagged a small 550va APC UPS. I use this for modem and router backup for certain people. About $20 cheaper than normal. It checked out with free shipping otherwise it probably would have been a so so deal.

$35
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351537229699

Let's see if they ship this stuff out.
I bought a couple of wall mounts, USB3 2.5" enclosure, and some cables for $25 shipped.

Any one have an opinion on the Ultra x4 power supplies, particularly the 750 watt? The power supply in my file server went out, and my son's cramped case is in need of a modular power supply. I was thinking of getting the 750 watt for him and putting his BFG 550 watt in my file server. I was looking at some reviews on Amazon, and although people were saying it had a lifetime warranty, it was impossible to get any kind of warranty issues resolved. One review mentioned that they had bought from zipzoomfly and was told they weren't an authorized dealer and no longer business. With these coming from Tiger Direct and them going out it might be impossible to get a warranty honored by Ultra?

Any one have an opinion on the Ultra x4 power supplies, particularly the 750 watt? The power supply in my file server went out, and my son's cramped case is in need of a modular power supply. I was thinking of getting the 750 watt for him and putting his BFG 550 watt in my file server. I was looking at some reviews on Amazon, and although people were saying it had a lifetime warranty, it was impossible to get any kind of warranty issues resolved. One review mentioned that they had bought from zipzoomfly and was told they weren't an authorized dealer and no longer business. With these coming from Tiger Direct and them going out it might be impossible to get a warranty honored by Ultra?

Just me, but I never go cheap on power supplies. I'd rather get a lower wattage Corsair, etc. assuming it'll do the job. $10 or $20 just isn't worth the unknowns of power supply quality, warranty support, etc.

I looked at the same things you did and decided to stay away. Came across a number of forums also where high failure rates and unstable power seemed to be mentioned. I did have an ultra power supply years ago that seemed ok but with the recent reviews I am seeing just wouldn't trust it.

Never buy Ultra! It was Systemax aka Power Up! brand which was rebranded IIRC. Last one I had exploded it was a 750w nowhere near max load, it ran 1 GTX 275.

Also it seems liquidators have switched to selling on ebay. Their retail store was stocked with tons of brand name motherboards, PSUs and GPUs until last about 2 weeks ago when they decided to push the discount past 40%. Now the only thing left at the retail location is cables and shitty open box monitors.

just head to Best Buy and pick up a EVGA 600 watt PSU for 40 bucks..most stores have them in stock.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-80...lack/8511029.p?id=1219693073473&skuId=8511029

Just got in on this, dropped 100 bucks and stocked up. Was looking for a laptop bag that held a 17 inch laptop on the cheap and grabbed a couple of Cougar chassis for future test builds. That and a bunch of small knick knacks and hard drive enclosures. Very [H]OT!

I was looking at maybe getting a couple 2.5" usb 3.0 enclosures and a couple lightning cables. I went to Ultra's web site and saw that the TigerDirect Ebay price was only slightly lower than the Ultra web site.

Hmmmm. something funny going on?

They are canceling a lot of orders according to slickdeal hoard. I bought something last week and it is still pending. They haven't responded to my message. Also bought the same item on their website, it went straight to back order pending

Interesting. I wonder if the SD hoard over bought items like they normally do?

`

Also snagged a small 550va APC UPS. I use this for modem and router backup for certain people. About $20 cheaper than normal. It checked out with free shipping otherwise it probably would have been a so so deal.

$35
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351537229699

I just bought 2 ....lets see if they actually ship them.

thanks for the heads up OP! im with some of the guys here, who are kinda reserved about buying things from a company whose had a shady past whose in bankruptcy. may try rolling the dice if i find anything nice.

I bought $4 worth of cables about a week ago, haven't received any emails about it shipping or what not, but $4 isn't a big deal, i'll just keep waiting.

I bought $4 worth of cables about a week ago, haven't received any emails about it shipping or what not, but $4 isn't a big deal, i'll just keep waiting.

dang 1 week is a long time. yeah its $4 but what if they did that with multiple people and then run off with the money?

Bought a tv from them on the 9th of this month and they never shipped it. Had to cancel the order today and order it from a different retailer. Good luck on getting stuff from them. I got a feeling they will hold your cash and using it to pay for items with it and sending other orders they are back logged in.

bought a power supply from them recently and it took a bit longer to ship.
So it is up to you. It did ship after couple weeks for me.

Bought a tv from them on the 9th of this month and they never shipped it. Had to cancel the order today and order it from a different retailer. Good luck on getting stuff from them. I got a feeling they will hold your cash and using it to pay for items with it and sending other orders they are back logged in.

Not as easy to do when selling through eBay / PayPal. They will get raped if they don't ship soon enough or refund fast enough.

Ordered 3 of those 14$ cases after they sold over 1000... Got my tracking numbers today.. I totally expected a cancellation.. Hmm

Bought a CM novatouch keyboard. 1 through the website and 1 through eBay. They email me if I wanted to cancel. I said yes. This morning I get two emails with the same tracking number. 1 from eBay and 1 from tigerdirect. Quantity of shipment? 1 item.

Hoping I don't get double charged for 1 item

Last edited:
I'm upset i didn't get in on the cases (i really could have used them, of course i missed it) but i ordered 5 of the $2 2.5 inch hard drive enclosures and 2 of the $10 3.5 enclosures. We'll see what happens.

Shows that my cases shipped this morning...

Ordered 5 DVI to HDMI dongles too, hope they don't get cancelled.

<EDIT>

They actually shipped ONE of the TWO cases I ordered, and sent me an invoice for ONE case. Going to wait a few days to see if I get refunded for the other or if they go ahead and ship it too...

</EDIT>

Last edited:
I got tracking number as well. UPS never received it tho, best of luck to you tho.

Back