Tigerdirect 4670k $199 free ship

Tried to cash in on this deal yesterday, but the site won't take my Paypal. Errors out with a generic "There's a problem" header on the checkout page. Tiger won't help, so I guess I won't be buying. :(

Tried to cash in on this deal yesterday, but the site won't take my Paypal. Errors out with a generic "There's a problem" header on the checkout page. Tiger won't help, so I guess I won't be buying. :(

Did the same for me. Bill Pay worked for me.

I would like to get in on this but the reviews for this CPU seem tepid, at best, to me. As a current 3570k owner I can not seem to pull the trigger as it does not seem like much of an upgrade. Am I wrong to think this? I suppose what is really holding me back are the lack of options when it comes to Z87 mATX boards currently on the market.

Oh boy. What to do... what to do.

Last edited:
I don't think its worth it upgrading from a 3570k. For me though, it would be a nice upgrade (i5 750).

I would like to get in on this but the reviews for this CPU seem tepid, at best, to me. As a current 3570k owner I can not seem to pull the trigger as it does not seem like much of an upgrade. Am I wrong to think this? I suppose what is really holding me back are the lack of options when it comes to Z87 mATX boards currently on the market.

Oh boy. What to do... what to do.

I cancelled my order. The only reason I considered it was because my 4770k sucks at over clocking and I was hoping to have some fun with 4670k with over clocking for alot less money than 4770k.

I really want 4770k that over clocks and will wait for newer batch to see if I can get a good one.

I already posted this a few days ago. Its still on the first page.:D

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1770334

But to Ark, I also had the paypal error. I just ended up using an alternate payment method. My first transaction with TD, but I'll give them a chance again. The deal saved me close to 40 bucks vs Amazon or Newegg.

And Rene, Do a quick search here and other popular computer hardware boards, It's been said time and time again that there is no reason to upgrade to Haswell if you already own a Sandy or Ivy setup. Take the bullets out of the shopping gun and leave that trigger alone until a worthy upgrade comes in a few years or so.

And Rene, Do a quick search here and other popular computer hardware boards, It's been said time and time again that there is no reason to upgrade to Haswell if you already own a Sandy or Ivy setup. Take the bullets out of the shopping gun and leave that trigger alone until a worthy upgrade comes in a few years or so.

The memory controller of Haswell is much better than SB, or IB, so if you like to play around with memory overclocking, then Haswell is the best currently available.

I'm not saying that someone that already has a SB or IB 24/7 rig should upgrade, but just pointing out that there is a group of users out there for whom Haswell is attractive.

I already posted this a few days ago. Its still on the first page.:D

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1770334

But to Ark, I also had the paypal error. I just ended up using an alternate payment method. My first transaction with TD, but I'll give them a chance again. The deal saved me close to 40 bucks vs Amazon or Newegg.

Problem here is, I couldn't use an alternate payment method. :( I told them this, but they cared not so I had to take my business elsewhere, and I missed out on this pretty killer price for the i5-4670k.

Oh well I guess!

Oops sorry about that :)

Even though I know Haswell would be a nice jump from my i5 I just cannot pull the trigger. I mean I really have the itch to upgrade but I want a bigger jump in performance.

Hey no worries, I said that in jest. We are all here to get a good deal and the more that can see it the better.

I know how you feel about getting that upgrade itch. I sold my perfectly working i7 1366 hardware for Haswell. I was probably overdo anyway. :p

Problem here is, I couldn't use an alternate payment method. :( I told them this, but they cared not so I had to take my business elsewhere, and I missed out on this pretty killer price for the i5-4670k.

Oh well I guess!

Ah dude that sucks man. I wonder why they are unwilling to fix the issue if paypal is not working at checkout? I missed the Fry's Electronics sale by a few hours when they had the 4670k for $199 last week. Maybe they will have it for sale again if TD don't get their act together.

Ah dude that sucks man. I wonder why they are unwilling to fix the issue if paypal is not working at checkout? I missed the Fry's Electronics sale by a few hours when they had the 4670k for $199 last week. Maybe they will have it for sale again if TD don't get their act together.

The guy on the live chat told me to call in the order, that they'd be able to process it that way. So I did, but the phone rep told me it'd be pointless to try to process the order as I'd have to go back to the site to put my Paypal stuff in anyway. The whole thing just seemed a little weak to me, so I told the guy "I'm ready to buy right now, and I have the funds ... do I really need to take my business somewhere else? You're really turning away a $500+ total sale without even trying?"

Maybe that was a bit over the top, but I feel kind of slighted by this. As I said, "oh well" ... last post on the subject, I promise. :(

Back