Tiger handheld game systems coming this fall for $15

I hated almost every Tiger game I owned. The only one I recall being any good was Bowling.

I liked the idea of the Game boy , but hated the clunky form factor and shitty screen kept me away.

I finally found what I was looking for in the GameGear - powerful, plus a pretty screen, plus glorious landscape You could solve the battery life issue with the rechargeable battery pack.. Columns really was an acceptable replacement for Tetris.

I'm glad Nintendo eventually found their way back with the GBA in landscape, but before that it was an ergonomic nightmare.

Karnov ??
Wasn't that some game about some fat asian dude who blew fire out of his mouth and climbed stuff?
I remember that game in the Arcades. Wasn't that popular with games like Black Tiger and Ikari Warriors and Twin Cobra/Eagle around...

And you don't think people can be nostalgic about stuff that's terrible? Have you been to a restaurant in the past five years? Everyone and their mom is all about brussels sprouts.

Brussel sprouts are great, one of those meaty veggies like broccoli. You should try them buttered and broiled.

Karnov ??
Wasn't that some game about some fat asian dude who blew fire out of his mouth and climbed stuff?
I remember that game in the Arcades. Wasn't that popular with games like Black Tiger and Ikari Warriors and Twin Cobra/Eagle around...

I loved Black Tiger. Unfortunately there was never a decent console port. Closet console experience we got was Castlevania 2

Karnov was decent, but overrated (the artwork and character were unique from other dungeon sidecrollers, but the gameplay was a trainwreck). It still pisses me off that Karnov got decnt ports to every platform, while Black Tiger got the snub.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that someone found a way to breed out whatever it was that made them taste so nasty, so they're a lot better than they used to be.
The nasty taste could be genetic too. Some people have a gene that makes certain dark greens taste horrible to them, in the same way cilantro tastes like soap to some.people but others find it delicious

Karnov ??

Right, it was throw-away, but it's one of the first Nintendo 8bit games I bought and actually enjoyed playing, shortly before realizing I was always going to be a Commodore gamer at heart and sold the Nintendo 8-bit away........there was a small batch of 8 bit nintendo carts I enjoyed dicking-around with and that was one of em...even though I recall the game being pretty simplistic, in that old-school early 80's kinda way.....

I used to have a few of those small rectangular pocket games back in the early early 80's, I think Nintendo made them.
They were really fun to play back then but not sure how fun they would be to play nowadays.

EDIT:

This is one of them,

game-watch.jpg

I used to have a few of those small rectangular pocket games back in the early early 80's, I think Nintendo made them.
They were really fun to play back then but not sure how fun they would be to play nowadays.

EDIT:

This is one of them,

View attachment 225481

My dad had a whole set of those Game and Watch back in the 80's I used to play on long trips, reminds me I should check if he still has them. Id play those over the tiger handhelds any day.

If they bring back the Ninja Turtles one, I'm in. Otherwise... nah. God I'm old.

Reactions: Axman
like this
Back