Thunderbolt header question

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
My new motherboard has a Thunderbolt 3 header on it that I'd like to use. Poking around on Amazon, I can't seem to find the pci bracket dongle part I need in order to use the port. Could someone please link me to one so I'll know what to buy?

My new motherboard has a Thunderbolt 3 header on it that I'd like to use. Poking around on Amazon, I can't seem to find the pci bracket dongle part I need in order to use the port. Could someone please link me to one so I'll know what to buy?
done ...
Also Thunderbolt has to be enabled in the BIOS... it has it's own place that shows up in Bios settings varying depending which motherboard / brand you have. Plus, may need a driver DVD... so get the retail box that will include Add in Card, Driver DVD, mini DisplayPort to Thunderbolt 3 cable, and AiC to motherboard synch cable( cable that goes to motherboard header)... (and the fancy cardboard box)

Last edited:
Eek! Adding thunderbolt support to a desktop is way more expensive than I expected it would be.
What do most of y'all here use your thunderbolt port for on desktop anyway? 8k screens or something?

I got my asus thunderbolt 3 card for 35 dollars on ebay it wasn't expensive at all. Most people want thunderbolt because they have thunderbolt equipment like external drives, audio interfaces, etc. If you don't then I guess it's good for hubs/docks with lots of connectivity?

Back