Thunderbird not working after replacing router

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3 and 19.?

I f@ucked up and bricked my router, a TP-Link Archer C7 b y flashing the wrong firmware. I had another C7 as a backup and am now using it. I have no issues other than Thunderbird is instantly throwing up a "Cannot Connect to Server" message. It does this under Mint 18.3 and the latest, 19.?.

I just loaded MS Outlook on a Windows box and it works just fine so my problem is with either Linux or Thunderbird. All was well until I replaced the router.

The old router was running DD-WRT and the replacement router is running stock firmware.

Anybody have any ideas? I really want to get Thunderbird working again. :confused:

The problem lies within the stock TP-Link firmware.

I built a PFSense box and now Thunderbird works again.

Now to figure out how to unbrick the original router. There are only 10,000 different sets of instructions on the web and so far none that I have tried works. :confused:

Put that computer in your routers dmz and see if that works. If it does, find out what ports thunderbird uses and add those to a port forwarding list.

Put that computer in your routers dmz and see if that works. If it does, find out what ports thunderbird uses and add those to a port forwarding list.

Thanks. I shouldn't have to do that tho. Think I'll just flash the router to DD-WRT and put it away for a spare. The PFSense box is a small industrial PC with a 2nd Generation AMD ® Embedded R-Series APU FP3 BGA @ 2.7GHZ. It uses a bit more power than a standard router but I can live with that.

Back